Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Help! Delete Item not refreshing cart page :(

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 05-19-2003, 02:15 PM

Default Help! Delete Item not refreshing cart page :(

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the best place for this post, but I've got to start some where...

I have just made some changes to cart.tpl to reflect the look and feel of our site. Now for some strage reason if I select to delete an item, the page does not refresh...well actually it does refresh but displays the exact same cart (i.e. item not deleted). If i do a manual refresh (browser refresh button) then the cart is displayed correctly. Here is the line of code that i use for my delete item anchor:

[img]{$ImagesDir}/common/del_but.gif[/img]

This code is contained within the {capture} {/capture} and also written in each {section} ... {/section}.

I looked at the original code for delete and it looks exactly like what i have except with a different button.

I have checked cart.php and the delete item section seems correct. I think the problem is that when func_header_location("cart.php"); is executed, the refresh is not working exactly right.

Any ideas?????
Old 05-19-2003, 03:08 PM

X-Man

Did you do this in a visual editor?

If you made changes you using a program like dreamweaver it may have re-written some of your paths as local ones.

I'm sure that a character by character comparison will turn up the changes that are affecting your cart.

Good Luck!

Old 05-19-2003, 03:20 PM

Default Really Wierd

I just tried the to access the website using a different computer. Same website...and for some reason it worked on that computer??? I checked the IE setttings and both are identical. Why would one this work on one computer and not another???
Old 05-19-2003, 03:22 PM

Thanks adpboss,

I did a char by char check, and even went back to the orig x-cart pages and it didn't work. Really wierd
Old 05-19-2003, 03:41 PM

eXpert

Look at all the hidden values in the form that are being submitted. Sometimes you Dreamweaver will auto-increment these values (e.g. value=price1 instead of value=price). Also, be sure that none of your sessionID's become hard coded. This can happen if you use webmaster mode to make some changes.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design