Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Enable/Disable Profile Modified Email from Admin

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 07-09-2004, 01:58 PM

X-Man

I'll help you in a bit. Go relax and have a beer or something.

We'll get through this.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:04 PM

X-Man

OK, with version 3.5.x the patch needs to be changed.

Backup backup backup because I am not responsible if you run into a problem, ok?

Run this SQL Query to remove the previous sql query you applied.

Quote:
DELETE FROM xcart_config WHERE name='modify_emails';

Then apply this patch.

Code:
INSERT INTO `xcart_config` VALUES ('modify_emails', 'Enable email notifications for User Account Modifications', 'Y', 'Email', 100, 'checkbox', 'N');

You can find the checkbox and item in your General Settings, under the email subcategory.

Good luck.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:50 PM

Advanced Member

Ok that is working I now see the message with the checkbox.... Thank you Adpboss for sending me to this thread in the first place and sticking it out withme to make sure it came through... I really appreciate it....

Now I do not want to get off topic but you say backup backup backup... I went into backup and clicked the box that said "Write SQL dump to file......" and then saved that file on my harddrive.... Now it is telling me that the dump file is 11megs... I am assuming because it has all my pictures in there BUT it only lets you restore a backup of 2 megs or less... so how does one accomplish restoring a backup?

X-Cart 4.0.9 Gold (In Development)
No Live Site

Server version: Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b
Old 07-09-2004, 06:06 PM

X-Man

This is totally off topic so I'll make it short and sweet. After that you'll have to start your own thread.

What server software are you using? Is PHPMyAdmin installed? I prefer to backup from CPanel and have been lucky that I have not had to make any full restores to date. You could also use PHPMyAdmin.

Personally I never backup from within X-Cart.

Take your images out of the database. Your backups will be faster and easier to restore. Use the filesystem to store your images. You can search the forums for info on "Image Location".

Best of luck. The info is all here, you just might have to spend an evening searching it out.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:17 PM

Advanced Member

Thank you... I will spend some time searching... and I agree didnt want to take it to far off topic thank you

X-Cart 4.0.9 Gold (In Development)
No Live Site

Server version: Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b
Old 07-09-2004, 08:07 PM

X-Man

Updated Mod for 3.5.9

The include/register.php needs to be different if you are using my SQL Query (posted above and in this post).

This change happens around line 190 of include/register.php for version 3.5.9.

Code:
# # Send mail to registered user # ADP Modification $customer_language = func_get_language ($newuser_info["language"]); if ($config["Email"]["modify_emails"]=="Y"){ func_send_mail($newuser_info["email"], "mail/profile_modified_subj.tpl", "mail/profile_modified.tpl", $config["Company"]["users_department"], false); # # Send mail to customers department # func_send_mail($config["Company"]["users_department"], "mail/profile_admin_modified_subj.tpl", "mail/profile_admin_modified.tpl", $newuser_info["email"], true);} }
I always add ADP Modification in the comments so I can find my changes later. You should add your own note unless you copy all my mods and are a disciple.

Note that the if statement is now

Code:
if ($config["Email"]["modify_emails"]=="Y")
$config[email] is necessary based on my SQL Insert Query

You also need to run this Insert query on your database. It can be done from the Patch/Upgrade area of the admin (SQL QUERY).

Code:
INSERT INTO `xcart_config` VALUES ('modify_emails', 'Enable email notifications for User Account Modifications', 'Y', 'Email', 100, 'checkbox', 'N');

That will place the checkbox in the General Settings/Email Options.

Thanks to FunkyDunk for the original help. This mod will be redundant in version 4.0 I believe but is very handy for version 3.5, 3.4 and 3.3

Happy X-Carting!
Old 08-03-2004, 02:09 AM

Advanced Member

I just applied the patch (the above post) and it worked straight off on my 3.5.10 installation - great mod guys!

Thanks to all who contributed, Philip.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions