Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Want a WYSIWYG detailed description text area?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 01-24-2005, 03:24 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwhoo
I can't believe that no one has tried to implement this into the Gift registry Mod for end users.

anyone out there?

Mark,

I plan on getting to this in the next day or so...in the middle of template design and such. If no one gets to it before I do, I'll have a go at it and have something to share in the next 48 hours.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:48 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooter
Quote:
I can't believe that no one has tried to implement this into the Gift registry Mod for end users.

anyone out there?

Mark,

I plan on getting to this in the next day or so...in the middle of template design and such. If no one gets to it before I do, I'll have a go at it and have something to share in the next 48 hours.

Sweet!

I have been trying to do this and have not been generating errors, but the interface just does not show up for some reason.

I have used several different variations of the call tags (for type box area) but none of them have worked so I am missing something here.

I will watch closely because I think this will make things better for the end user that knows little to nothing about HTML and use of the Gift Registry.

Thanks for your time and efforts!!
Old 02-03-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Anyone ever get this working

If so how and what was changed?

Cheers
Remember not to forget that which you do not need to know.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:59 AM

X-Guru

remember to wrap any java code in {literal}{/literal} tags

cant see why you need to add code to customer/home.tpl as you only use html area in the admin which is dealt with by single/home.tpl

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 02-04-2005, 11:46 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
remember to wrap any java code in {literal}{/literal} tags

cant see why you need to add code to customer/home.tpl as you only use html area in the admin which is dealt with by single/home.tpl

Need to remember if you wish to add this to the Gift Registry there is a text box for end user to send html greetings, invites and cards to their guests or event goers.

The majority of the end users will not know html, so I thought this would be great to add it into this add on.

If this is done, it may need to go into the customer/home.tpl, unless the java could go on same page as the text box (in some cases can)
Old 02-04-2005, 11:47 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Quote:

anyone out there?

Mark,

Hooter, were you successful with getting this to work with the Gift Registry yet?

I thought I would play with it again this weekend, but did not see if you were successful yet via posting.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:07 PM

X-Adept

^@markwhoo

Sorry Mark, no I haven't yet - other priorities keep getting in the way

I intend to do it at least for myself in the near term, and will post results as soon as I'm finished. Apologize for the delay.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:19 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
^@markwhoo

Sorry Mark, no I haven't yet - other priorities keep getting in the way

I intend to do it at least for myself in the near term, and will post results as soon as I'm finished. Apologize for the delay.

I totally understand. My pile just keeps getting larger each hour myself.

Like I said, I will try to play with this over the weekend as well, so maybe with luck, I can figure out how to get it added. If so, I too will post results.

If not, I will watch to see if you have success...
Old 02-04-2005, 05:33 PM

X-Man

Here we go...

HTML Area for the Gift Registry addon 4.x.
This assumes that you have the htmlarea directory inside the root of your cart. (eg. /xcart/htmlarea/)

Open skin1/customer/home.tpl and in between the <HEAD></HEAD> tags add:
Code:
{literal} <script language="Javascript1.2"><!-- // load htmlarea _editor_url = "./htmlarea/"; // URL to htmlarea files var win_ie_ver = parseFloat(navigator.appVersion.split("MSIE")[1]); if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac') >= 0) { win_ie_ver = 0; } if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Windows CE') >= 0) { win_ie_ver = 0; } if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera') >= 0) { win_ie_ver = 0; } if (win_ie_ver >= 5.5) { document.write('<scr' + 'ipt src="' +_editor_url+ 'editor.js"'); document.write(' language="Javascript1.2"></scr' + 'ipt>'); } else { document.write('<scr'+'ipt>function editor_generate() { return false; }</scr'+'ipt>'); } // --></script> {/literal}

Now open /skin1/modules/Gift_Registry/event_modify.tpl
and find:
Code:
<TEXTAREA cols="50" rows="20" name="event_details[html_content]">{$event_data.html_content}</TEXTAREA>
and right above that add the following:
Code:
{literal}<script language="JavaScript1.2" defer> editor_generate('event_details[html_content]'); </script> {/literal}

And that should do it.

HTH
Does your host backup your site? We do EVERY HOUR!!!
Shared Hosting | Managed Cloud | Dedicated Servers
Old 02-05-2005, 11:04 AM

X-Adept

AAAHHHH,

I was so close. I was using the same call for text area, but only one half or the other at a time. I was trying to mirror the other areas and their text fields and did not take the entire line.

Anyway, This works great. For others that use this, remember to look closely at the way your HTML folder location is called. This could cause problems if not in same location.

Mine is in site root, not xcart root. Makes a difference as noted by Emerson above.

Thanks for the help Emerson, this works great. Now all I need to do is tweak the html interface a bit to allow end user to call up possible templates to use if they know totally nothing, but want a nice layout and then ability for them to personaslize.

I think this is going to be a real hit with them.

Thanks again.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions