Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Thanks to the X-cart Staff - Alexander Diatchkov Improved X-Cart Speed Dramatically

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 10-27-2016, 07:31 AM

Advanced Member

Thumbs up Thanks to the X-cart Staff - Alexander Diatchkov Improved X-Cart Speed Dramatically

Glory be to God! From All F's to all A's it is the Lord's doing.....

Did not really understand the concepts of having a speedy site but accordingly in the webinar Rocky gave us the importance of having an optimized site not only for seo purposes; which may be a surprise to many but also for conversion rates. Going over the slides and the webinar Rocky gave clear and precise instructions on how to get your site top notch.

While many may complain about X-Cart 5 it is a great software platform and while I am a newb I am able to get the X-cart 5 cart within recommendations for X-cart. While the team would prefer you choose their web host platform for your site, X-cart can work even on my shared hosting with great speeds. That just speaks to the quality of the software.

I want to thank you for the webinar as I leaned a lot and various tips and secrets I will use to further build my website. I am looking forward to more even though I could not finish the live web. Team X-cart provided the slides and webinar video via my e-mail address. God bless you! I encourage all to attend the webinars for further secrets and tips to optimize your website.

https://www.webpagetest.org/result/161027_QG_12Y6/
PHP 7.0.14
nginx/1.11.8

The following 4 users thank lseals for this useful post:
qualiteam (10-27-2016), razortw (10-27-2016), rocky (10-27-2016), seyfin (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 09:53 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Thanks to the X-cart Staff - Alexander Diatchkov Improved X-Cart Speed Dramatically

Quote:
Originally Posted by lseals
Glory be to God! From All F's to all A's it is the Lord's doing.....

Did not really understand the concepts of having a speedy site but accordingly in the webinar Rocky gave us the importance of having an optimized site not only for seo purposes; which may be a surprise to many but also for conversion rates. Going over the slides and the webinar Rocky gave clear and precise instructions on how to get your site top notch.

While many may complain about X-Cart 5 it is a great software platform and while I am a newb I am able to get the X-cart 5 cart within recommendations for X-cart. While the team would prefer you choose their web host platform for your site it is really not as X-cart can work even on my shared hosting with great speeds. That just speaks to the quality of the software.

I want to thank you for the webinar as I leaned a lot and various tips and secrets I will use to further build my website. I am looking forward to more even though I could not finish the live web. Team X-cart provided the slides and webinar video via my e-mail address. God bless you! I encourage all to attend the webinars for further secrets and tips to optimize your website.

https://www.webpagetest.org/result/161027_QG_12Y6/

Thank you for the kind words and attending the webinar, much appreciated!

I'm glad to know that you liked it and it helped you to get such impressive results with your website. Wish you all the best with your business.

The following user thanks rocky for this useful post:
lseals (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 11:29 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Thanks to the X-cart Staff - Alexander Diatchkov Improved X-Cart Speed Dramatically

I upgraded to php7 and I'm getting similar results, though your's are a fraction of a percent faster.

Regarding php7, I used to have fastcgi and ochache on php5.6, this option seems to have disappeared. In my server control panel, I see options for enabling it, which I have done, but when it comes time to choosing a handler the only option that shows is cgi.

Does anyone here familiar with php7 have this enabled?

As is, it is still way faster than php5.6 however.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 10-28-2016, 12:14 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
I upgraded to php7 and I'm getting similar results, though your's are a fraction of a percent faster.

Regarding php7, I used to have fastcgi and ochache on php5.6, this option seems to have disappeared. In my server control panel, I see options for enabling it, which I have done, but when it comes time to choosing a handler the only option that shows is cgi.

Does anyone here familiar with php7 have this enabled?

As is, it is still way faster than php5.6 however.

Here is what I googled:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39855260/opcache-not-working-php-7-apache-2-4-centos-6-7

Particularly:
Quote:
Part 2:

Then I read from somewhere that opcache does not work with suphp, only works with FastCGI. So I went to WHM and try to change my php handler to fastcgi. Strangely FastCGI is not an option in WHM when you try to change handler.

In trying to search for ways to get FastCGI i realise it is different from php 5. In php 7 it should use mod_proxy_fcgi and PHP-FPM.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:06 AM

X-Wizard

That wasn't me asking, but it's my situation exactly...
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 10-28-2016, 07:47 AM

Veteran

Alex if the php7 patch for older cart versions is installed without changing the PHP version to 7 on the server will it break the cart? I assume not but to make sure...
Old 10-28-2016, 07:57 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Alex if the php7 patch for older cart versions is installed without changing the PHP version to 7 on the server will it break the cart? I assume not but to make sure...

No, Steve, it shouldn't in theory. However, as you know it's better be safe than sorry and do that on a dev copy first.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:44 AM

Veteran

Thanks Alex. Tried on 4.6.6. Seems to be working ok without any issues. Login works as well as cart/checkout pages.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:47 PM

eXpert

What are you hosting on? I am hosting on a godaddy vps and my TTFB is always garbage https://www.webpagetest.org/result/161112_G1_2YY/

Also where is this webinar? http://kb.x-cart.com/en/webinars_and_video_tutorials doesn't have anything like that listed.
2GB ECC DDR3 1600MHz
2x Intel E5-2630L v2 Hex Core 2.4/2.8ghz
15 MB proc cache
60 GB 10k RPM hdd
PHP 7.0.15
MariaDB 10.1.21 with InnoDB engine
Old 11-15-2016, 08:44 PM

Advanced Member

While I can tell you, I think it is best to e-mail Alex as he will help you for free. I have a host at Stablehost but I do not believe it will be best for all cases as I will have to upgrade soon; however, send him an e-mail and I am sure he will be happy to help. God bless you!
PHP 7.0.14
nginx/1.11.8
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)