Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart One Page Checkout - MercuryMinds

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-25-2010, 06:54 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-Cart One Page Checkout - MercuryMinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L
I know that 4.4 supports email as login straight from the box. What I am wondering is will you have a script the will update the original user accounts so that the email can be used as the log in instead of the user name they created.

Yes. You will have a migration script.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:46 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongan
Yes. You will have a migration script.

Can you tell me more about the script and the options for login? Specifically, I'm wondering if it will allow login by both username and email for a seamless transition, or if existing customers will need to login by email only after the script is run?

We would like to transition to email as usernames, but if the existing usernames are disabled in the process, that could create a support nightmare for us.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:22 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwest
Can you tell me more about the script and the options for login? Specifically, I'm wondering if it will allow login by both username and email for a seamless transition, or if existing customers will need to login by email only after the script is run?

We would like to transition to email as usernames, but if the existing usernames are disabled in the process, that could create a support nightmare for us.

From what I have read, the script changes the login to the email. Existing customers will need to login by email only after the script is run.

You would have to put a log-in note to use the email address that they used for order notification.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD

The following user thanks Duramax 6.6L for this useful post:
starwest (12-02-2010)
Old 12-02-2010, 03:58 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L
From what I have read, the script changes the login to the email. Existing customers will need to login by email only after the script is run.

You would have to put a log-in note to use the email address that they used for order notification.

Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately, that sounds like a pretty messy way to go about it. With customers who have been used to logging in with something other than their email address for 4+ years, I'm fearful of rocking the boat (even with a notation on the login screens).

So, Mercury Minds, any chance you could customize this to force emails as usernames for new customers but allow either username/email for existing customers?
Old 12-02-2010, 04:37 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
So, Mercury Minds, any chance you could customize this to force emails as usernames for new customers but allow either username/email for existing customers?

Never really thought about that option, I would also be interested in that feature.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 12-02-2010, 06:48 PM

FYI:
Our One page checkout Covers E-mail as User option .
If you use this option -
1.) New customer needs to provide E-mail address as username to register/login.
2.) Existing customer can use both the E-mail address and Username to login .
3.) We will provide a link in the admin end to show you that - "how many customer have used the same E-mail address once".
4.) This customer will get "User already exist " warning while updating their profile and so obviously they need to update their E-mail .This will reduce the dupicate Email address and at one stage,you will see that all the customer will use the E-mail address as login.
5.) We have used this for more client and it will give them a smooth transition from Username to E-mail address login.
6.) This module will cover default register page ,because if we enable it in the checkout page ,then customer will still the user name to register in the default register page .So ,we covered that parrt too to make it simple for the client.

Do you still have any query ,Please feel free to contact our sales@mercuryminds.com.
They will guide you with the modules do's and don'ts .

So no more worry about Email as username -We will take care of it.

Quote:

The following 3 users thank MercuryMindsSupport for this useful post:
Dongan (12-02-2010), MercuryMindsSales (12-02-2010), Vetrivel (12-02-2010)
Old 12-02-2010, 09:25 PM

X-Wizard

Here is the KB:

https://support.mercuryminds.com/knowledgebase/5/How-does-email-as-username-migration-script-work-in-x-car...ut-module.html

The following user thanks Dongan for this useful post:
MercuryMindsSales (12-02-2010)
Old 12-25-2010, 09:58 AM

Hi I find your Ajax one step check out module great but I second the issue that is there a way to get rid of the "Apply button" or more specifically the "create account for this email box"? (eg. to hide it?) I know its optional but some customers might be baffled by it-we have digital download products that dont require membership/registering/accounts you see..
Thanks for your time
Old 12-26-2010, 08:21 PM

X-Wizard

Yes. Certainly. We can help you. When you order the module, make this request. Our team can remove this code and give it to you.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryMindsSales
Just to let everyone know that "we released one page checkout module compatible for x-cart version 4.0.x today".

-Reva

This is great news. Does it work like the newer versions? For example, on the right column, will I be able to choose if I want mini-cart, advertising column or no column?

Another thing, the script is encoded, you do not offer a trial script so one can try the script in our own web site?

I noticed you do not offer a trial period, sales are final?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4