Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Phone Ordering?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-27-2005, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE

Actually we do have plans to have alternate ways to find products. By category is on the list. It will be in our next major release of the product. We have plans for that to be the first quarter in 2006. If you buy now and mention you want that feature, you can upgrade to it for free (we have 3 months of free upgrades, but incase it's past 3 months we'd give it to you for free if you mention it in the order).

Just for everyone else's information. We are also working for the next release to support some of the CC processors. We have found some that have no problem with auto processing CC with the store owner submitting the Customer's information for the Customer.

Carrie
That's even swetter tha chocolate. I am difinitely buy this mod now

Thanks carrie
MySQL server 5
Old 12-28-2005, 07:30 AM

Carrie,
Please check your sale@bcse. I ordered but received nothing yet

Thanks
MySQL server 5
Old 12-28-2005, 09:29 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi
Carrie,
Please check your sale@bcse. I ordered but received nothing yet

Thanks

Please see our Delivery Details:
http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/customer/pages.php?pageid=1

All paid orders take about 24-48 hours to process due to fraud checking (yours was Tuesday at about 4:30 EST). When paying with CC on our site, we are required by 2checkout (as is every other sellter through them) to wait until they pass each order for fraud review. This usually takes about 24 hours. You should have the software later today, right at about 24 hours.

We don't like having to wait in this process, as we do our own fraud checking, so we plan to move to a different CC processor in the new year so our orders can be a bit faster to get out.

Let me know if you have any questions! You should have it later today.

Thank you,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:09 AM

Bought the POS, Installed and Tested and here are my comments:

Pros: it is verys imple to use. Good and clean interface. Easy to isntall too. This POS meets our needs.

Cons: (Well my wishes for next release as well)

1. Please make the default country when create New Customer as United States or make it somewhere in the configuration to choose which country to be a default selected country. I live in US and I hate pulling down the list to choose United States every time.

2. Don't know if this POS works with live credit card transaction or not, but I tested it out. It seems like it does not. My store has Verisign Payflow live payment, but this POS does not seem to work with Verisign Payflow. I would love to have this thing work with live credit card transaction

3. Please disable javascript error. It is just annoying.

Overall I love this POS. If BCSE take a little more time to perfect this POS, it is going to be a huge app for all of you.
MySQL server 5
Old 12-29-2005, 08:37 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi
Bought the POS, Installed and Tested and here are my comments:

Pros: it is verys imple to use. Good and clean interface. Easy to isntall too. This POS meets our needs.

Cons: (Well my wishes for next release as well)

1. Please make the default country when create New Customer as United States or make it somewhere in the configuration to choose which country to be a default selected country. I live in US and I hate pulling down the list to choose United States every time.

2. Don't know if this POS works with live credit card transaction or not, but I tested it out. It seems like it does not. My store has Verisign Payflow live payment, but this POS does not seem to work with Verisign Payflow. I would love to have this thing work with live credit card transaction

3. Please disable javascript error. It is just annoying.

Overall I love this POS. If BCSE take a little more time to perfect this POS, it is going to be a huge app for all of you.

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them. Actually #1-3 are all on the list of to-do. They will all be in the next major release of the mod which I plan to be in the first quarter of 2006.

We have been selective of which CC processor's to integrate with as we have to make sure they are fine with a store owner processing a customer's credit card through their gateway. Some do not allow this. So far we have been researching Verisign, Authorize.net and SkipJack for integration purposes. They should all 3 be in the system in 2006.

Thank you!

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 12-30-2005, 06:30 AM

Quote:

We have been selective of which CC processor's to integrate with as we have to make sure they are fine with a store owner processing a customer's credit card through their gateway. Some do not allow this. So far we have been researching Verisign, Authorize.net and SkipJack for integration purposes. They should all 3 be in the system in 2006.

Thank you!

Carrie

So right now it can't set up a live transaction right?
MySQL server 5
Old 01-04-2006, 06:38 AM

X-Guru

Sorry for my delayed reply. I was ill for 4 days with the flu and am trying to catch up now.

Right now it doesn't do live transactions. From what I could find, most CC processors won't allow you to process CC on behalf of the customer through the gateway. We have found about 4 that either will allow this or have a Virtual terminal you can post information to. Some we are still in the process of researching. We hope to have 4 auto cc processors ready in the next month or two.

Carrie

Old 01-04-2006, 10:22 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Sorry for my delayed reply. I was ill for 4 days with the flu and am trying to catch up now.

Right now it doesn't do live transactions. From what I could find, most CC processors won't allow you to process CC on behalf of the customer through the gateway. We have found about 4 that either will allow this or have a Virtual terminal you can post information to. Some we are still in the process of researching. We hope to have 4 auto cc processors ready in the next month or two.

Carrie

If I understand this right, your looking for companies that allow youto log on a control panel and do a charge for services or goods?

Look at Linkpoint, they have an API I can log into and complete any type of transactions I need. Same control panel I use to look at auto sales via cart also.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:33 AM

I've been doing this with Authorize.NET for years now.

BTW, I was looking to pick up a copy of the phone orders module and I decided to play around with the demo. The first customer I tried to work with came up with a bunch of eval() errors in the header... Isn't eval() something to be used with caution?? The second problem I ran into was that I couldn't find any products to add to the order. It definitely didn't seem to be worth 3/4 the price of X-cart to me.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:01 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaussboy
I've been doing this with Authorize.NET for years now.

BTW, I was looking to pick up a copy of the phone orders module and I decided to play around with the demo. The first customer I tried to work with came up with a bunch of eval() errors in the header... Isn't eval() something to be used with caution?? The second problem I ran into was that I couldn't find any products to add to the order. It definitely didn't seem to be worth 3/4 the price of X-cart to me.

I can't replicate the eval errors and no reports on the sites that have this. Can you let me know which customer you were using?

Also you can find products by just searching for something like "books" or "photoshop" They're the demo products up.

Carrie

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4