Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Over night site upgrade using Ultra Template with Bootstrap 4

X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site

Old 11-15-2017, 11:38 AM

eXpert

Default Over night site upgrade using Ultra Template with Bootstrap 4

We upgraded this site within a short 12 hours window as the old site was hacked and due to the age of the code and lack of support on a shopping cart framework that was no longer available we had the challenge of upgrading and building this site from 6pm in the vening until 6am in the morning.

Luckily I had been looking at xcartmods Ultra Template, which I really recommend if you want to build a new site quickly in xcart-4.

I went with installing Ultra on a new X-Cart 4.7.8 and then installing refine product filters modules. Most of the time was taken with exporting categories, pages, products and customers to be imported into xcart.

There has still been a lot of work done on the site after going live but at least they were not out of business and still trading.

Here is the site https://www.beadazzle.co.uk/ built on php 7 with mariad db installed.

Moral of the story is you should never leave your site open to being hacked by not continually upgrading, monitor changed files and scanning for security holes yourself. Don't just rely on patches from vendors, its up to you to make sure you are protected.

The following 2 users thank zone1creative for this useful post:
elmirage001 (11-16-2017), PhilJ (11-16-2017)
   X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site