Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-01-2013, 02:45 AM

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaP
Frankly, there wasn't much feedback on that feature from our users. Maybe you're right and the first list should list only the queries that returned some results. Let me think about it.

I eventually did this change, thanks to BBM_ for pointing it out. I hope it will make the system more clear.
Qualiteam Software Limited.

The following user thanks NikitaP for this useful post:
BBM_ (07-29-2013)
Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 AM

eXpert

Can someone tell me how long it takes for the index of a website to be done when the trial is turned on? I just turned it on for www.freez.com.au and Cloud Search is showing product that hasn't been on the store for months and months. I have read that re-indexing happens every 8 hours, so I left it on for about 10 hours overnight and I still don't have indexing yet.

I put in a support ticket, but since it's not for a site with a plan, it may take a while to get a response. I am ready to hand over my money, but I need the re-index to happen first.

For the record, if you're looking at new features, a good feature would be to have products that clicked on more than others show higher in the result.

It would also be nice to have the ability to have a list of common misspellings and words to swap. For example, jean and jeans are interchangable.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowdog
Can someone tell me how long it takes for the index of a website to be done when the trial is turned on? I just turned it on for www.freez.com.au and Cloud Search is showing product that hasn't been on the store for months and months. I have read that re-indexing happens every 8 hours, so I left it on for about 10 hours overnight and I still don't have indexing yet.

I put in a support ticket, but since it's not for a site with a plan, it may take a while to get a response. I am ready to hand over my money, but I need the re-index to happen first.

For the record, if you're looking at new features, a good feature would be to have products that clicked on more than others show higher in the result.

It would also be nice to have the ability to have a list of common misspellings and words to swap. For example, jean and jeans are interchangable.

Hi,

I guess that the module is disabled right now. Please enable it and send me a PM so that we can debug the problem.

Thank you for the suggested features. We already work on the 2nd one, and for the first one we are considering something cool and sophisticated involving advanced technologies like machine learning. Stay tuned
Old 07-06-2013, 07:17 PM

X-Guru

Hi Nikita,

Is it just me, or does CloudSearch not return the Gift Certificates page if a search for "gift" or "gift certificate" or "gift card" is entered?

Oversight?

My workaround: I made a static page - with a [link -> edited: 301 redirect] to the Gift Certificate page. That indexes.

Should the normal Gift Certificate page index as well?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 07-06-2013, 08:36 PM

X-Guru

Nikita,

One more thing... I am seeing a static page preview the smarty code and variables... shouldn't cloudsearch search and index the actual content, not the smarty variables?

For example, on my static gift card page, it's displaying the smarty on page preview!:

Quote:
{$lng.txt_gc_header}

{include file="customer/buttons/button.tpl" button_title="Gift Certificate" additional_button_class="main-button"}

We do not want the customers to see the smarty code. They should only see rendered text in the cloud search popup preview, right? Even from language variables?

Thanks for clarifying this.
J
Old 07-06-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
Hi Nikita,

Is it just me, or does CloudSearch not return the Gift Certificates page if a search for "gift" or "gift certificate" or "gift card" is entered?

Oversight?

My workaround: I made a static page - with a link to the Gift Certificate page. That indexes.

Should the normal Gift Certificate page index as well?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Since Gift Certificates page is not a normal static page, it should not be indexed by default. Your workaround seems very reasonable in that case.

As for the smarty tags parsing, it will be fixed to the next release.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:01 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaP
Hi Jeremy,

Since Gift Certificates page is not a normal static page, it should not be indexed by default. Your workaround seems very reasonable in that case.

As for the smarty tags parsing, it will be fixed to the next release.

Thank you.
PS - I realized after I posted that the static gift certificate page should 301 redirect to /giftcert.php - just like my other php page for the points system. So the static page indexes in CloudSearch, it redirects to the php page, and the static page is excluded from google search using robots.txt
Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 PM

X-Adept

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question for those of you who are using CloudSearch, if you enter a search term and press enter (taking you to the X-cart search page) do your results match those of the CloudSearch results?

edit: hmm it appears that even on the demo store the CloudSearch results differ to the X-cart search results.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:09 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
if you enter a search term and press enter (taking you to the X-cart search page) do your results match those of the CloudSearch results?

I sure hope my customers never press enter on search...
The x-cart default search results are kinda suck-y
Not ranked by relevancy to the search term or sales or popularity.

CloudSearch may return 10 items, sorted by relevancy, but search will return 17 items - with no logic to the display order.

I own AlteredCart Smart Search -- I may turn it back on for when the customer presses the search button. Didn't even think about this until just now. Thanks!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:42 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
I sure hope my customers never press enter on search...
The x-cart default search results are kinda suck-y
Not ranked by relevancy to the search term or sales or popularity.

Maybe have a glance at your analytic software just to confirm if there is any traffic going through to the search page.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements