Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.5.0 (ex 4.4.6) is available for beta testing

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 AM

X-Man

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.0 (ex 4.4.6) is available for beta testing

I would like to report a few issues but in Bugtracker there is no option to choose v4.5.0 beta.

1) Go to product page and click [Add to cart] button. It says Added, then after a few second Socialize bar disappears and appears (actually blinks). Please separate Socialize behavior from [Add to cart] button or do something making it not blink. It is annoying this behavior.

2) If Out of stock you should let Socialize bar on its position, not hiding it. Let's say I would like to show it on my Facebook even it is out of stock. You can create an option in Appearance if you want hiding it if out of stock.

3) Too much sharp on thumbnails. Unsharp Mask should not be hard coded. I offered you a solution which still waits to be implemented here: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=57296. Please do our jobs working with images better. Shall I remember you this is voted by a lot of users?

4) set_time_limit in include/install.php should be increased. on a lazy computer to install XC it took me almost 10 minutes. 300 is not a good idea for people who don't know how to deal with an error a maximum limit

5) I would like to update my quantity in cart page to a value which creates out of stock. After click on Update the quantity remains the same, but you should show a popup message that there are no more items in stock to be added. Same like when the coupon is not OK.

6) It should be elegant to group those Sort by options in one like in Lite Commerce. Also page number should be improved with View All.

7) In my Debugging Console it is not working when putting the mouse pointer on a file and see in window a border around the element.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following 3 users thank ADDISON for this useful post:
Mr. G (04-11-2012), qualiteam (04-11-2012), rocky (04-11-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 02:01 PM

Veteran

The bug tracker does have 4.4.6 I believe

One think I saw in the files - this release uses jQuery 1.6.4. Current version 4.4.5 comes with 1.7.1 and I reported XC having problems with it.

So next XC version goes back to 1.6.x - meaning QT agreed 1.7.1 and XC don't work good together? Will you guys change 4.4.5 installation packs or they will continue using 1.7.1 even though there are issues with it? XC 4.4.5 is still the current version and I assume it will be for another 2-3 months at least
Old 04-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Please tell me that there will be an upgrade pack from 4.4.5 . I can not imagine that we will do all the development again.

Sherif Nassar
Old 04-11-2012, 03:53 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherif Nassar
Please tell me that there will be an upgrade pack from 4.4.5 . I can not imagine that we will do all the development again.

X2
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 04-11-2012, 11:02 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Please either make this patch available via Help Desk files area or post it here

OK, thank you for the suggestion, we will take it into consideration.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2003
I would like to report a few issues but in Bugtracker there is no option to choose v4.5.0 beta.

Thank you for noticing it, we have added 4.5.0 beta to the list
Old 04-11-2012, 11:36 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
The bug tracker does have 4.4.6 I believe

One think I saw in the files - this release uses jQuery 1.6.4. Current version 4.4.5 comes with 1.7.1 and I reported XC having problems with it.

So next XC version goes back to 1.6.x - meaning QT agreed 1.7.1 and XC don't work good together? Will you guys change 4.4.5 installation packs or they will continue using 1.7.1 even though there are issues with it? XC 4.4.5 is still the current version and I assume it will be for another 2-3 months at least

Indeed 1.6.x version is used now for 4.5.0. I've forwarded your suggestion to our maintenance team.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:38 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Please tell me you don't need to start over to upgrade from 4.4 to 4.5 with a completely new set of files.

We will prepare a comprehensive answer on this question and post it here very soon.

The following 2 users thank rocky for this useful post:
am2003 (04-12-2012), qualiteam (04-11-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 02:20 PM

Veteran

I had no problems installing this beta release on my test server. No hickups, no errors, the whole installation and post-logins worked just fine.

Didn't test anything else but looking in admin I can't see anything new from 4.4.5. I guess most of the improvements are in the background and how XC works which is hopefully improved. I did see some bugs I reported long time ago finally being fixed in this release (they were not in 4.4.4 or 4.4.5) so this is also an improvement. Most items from the list in the first post and some other improvements / bug fixes will probably make this a good upgrade release - hopefully there will be 4.4.x-4.5.x full upgrade not just database.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 PM

X-Man

Ecwid and LC3 are dealing great with the images. Thumbnails are not sharp on edges. You should think about improving XC working with images.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following user thanks ADDISON for this useful post:
rocky (04-13-2012)
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements