Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 (now renamed to 4.5.0) & PCI-DSS requirements

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 05-30-2012, 03:59 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 (now renamed to 4.5.0) & PCI-DSS requirements

To anyone interested in trying out our solution, you can see it in action here: http://www.dxweb.net/xcart/home.php

login with:

Email: joel@dxweb.net
Password: 1

Use this Visa test card number: 4111111111111111

If you want to get this on your X-Cart site, all you need to do is switch payment processors and the benefits are:

1. It does NOT send customers away from your site or even your checkout page.
2. Get better rates than your current processor
3. Setup is free - we will even install it for you an verify functionality.
4. Save lots of money and aggrivation, while taking your site out of scope for PCI Compliance.

Our module loads X-Charge, a validated payment application into the default X-Cart dialog box right after you hit the submit button at checkout. The customer can still see the Checkout page in the background, so they never leave your site.

For those interested in more credibility of Accelerated Payment Technologies, and their application X-Charge, go here:

http://acceleratedpay.com/about.php

By the way... I am open to feedback from the pros.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:35 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 (now renamed to 4.5.0) & PCI-DSS requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelrhome
To anyone interested in trying out our solution, you can see it in action here: http://www.dxweb.net/xcart/home.php

login with:

Email: joel@dxweb.net
Password: 1

Use this Visa test card number: 4111111111111111

If you want to get this on your X-Cart site, all you need to do is switch payment processors and the benefits are:

1. It does NOT send customers away from your site or even your checkout page.
2. Get better rates than your current processor
3. Setup is free - we will even install it for you an verify functionality.
4. Save lots of money and aggrivation, while taking your site out of scope for PCI Compliance.

Our module loads X-Charge, a validated payment application into the default X-Cart dialog box right after you hit the submit button at checkout. The customer can still see the Checkout page in the background, so they never leave your site.

For those interested in more credibility of Accelerated Payment Technologies, and their application X-Charge, go here:

http://acceleratedpay.com/about.php

By the way... I am open to feedback from the pros.

Looks interesting joelrhome. What are the transaction fees like?
Dedicated SSL

Old 05-31-2012, 12:45 AM

X-Adept

I'd like to know the rates as well etc

my feedback - I see it uses https as the customer puts in their shipping details etc - but when it pops up the box for the customer to enter the card details there is no https url displayed and there is no padlock symbol either - these are the 2 things people look for before entering their details - I know for sure I would not complete the transaction without seeing those.

We have noticed that since we started to offer phone orders - sales have gone up, people still prefer to give out their details over the phone .....
php 7.x
Old 05-31-2012, 04:02 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Thanks for the demo. What if the customer closes the popup? It looks to me like thew are stuck, and can't do anything. You might want to consider that scenario and have a solution.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. Here are my responses:
To philrisk:

APT does not publish their rates ans fees. This is because their model allows them to negotiate rates that are comparable to what people currently pay, and in most cases give better rates and fees. What I can say is that I have some customers that have had ridiculously low rates for years. After switching, they are paying slightly less now. The best way to know is to get a rate quote. I will gladly put you in touch with the sales rep and they can give you a quote.

To answer Voodoo1967:

Since the whole idea is that the customer experience is such that they are not leaving the site, I think showing a separate URL inside the iframe would cause confusion, and less trust in the customer's eyes. However, the Padlock Idea is a good one, so I think I will go ahead and add that in.

To totaltec: If the customer closes the popup, currently a refresh will work. However, I realize that not every customer will figure that out. We will work in a solution for that. I appreciate the feedback.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:35 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
Thanks for the demo. What if the customer closes the popup? It looks to me like thew are stuck, and can't do anything. You might want to consider that scenario and have a solution.

Thanks again for bringing up this issue. We have corrected the issue. Now, if the customer closes the popup, they will not need to refresh their browser for the submit button to come back. I haven't decided on how I want the "Padlock" to look at this point. The popup window size can be set so that it can accommodate custom graphics, as I have done so with the CC logos. We made it this way so that it can be tailored to fit whatever the needs are of each X-Cart merchant.

If anyone else has any questions or feedback, let me know.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:51 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 & PCI-DSS requirements

Quote:
I just discovered something interesting about PayPal Advanced... I want to see what their solution is like, so I signed up for PayPal Advanced account. After I completed the application process, I received 2 emails. One was an email telling me I signed up for PayFlow Link. After going further, I discovered that PayPal advanced is a repackaged version of PayFlow link.

I have a client who has used PayFlow Link for years, and has become very frustrated with their technical support over time. One discovery was that they were being charged Non PCI Compliance fees for the past 3 years at $25/month because they were scoped incorrectly. We helped them discover this problem and had them rescoped. PayPal was not cooperative with them at all, and in fact will not offer them a refund for those fees. The next step is that we wanted to customize their payment page for them. They cannot seem to get any assistance with their custom payment page accepting a logo or custom background, and in fact spent about 45 minutes on the phone Friday getting nowhere. I don't know if that is because PayPal is phasing out PayFlow Link, or if it just a lack of good customer support...I don't know... Personally though, I don't want those kind of headaches. I am sure that not everyone will experience the same frustration, but having seen these frustrations first hand, I am not sold on PayPal Advanced. I have personally been using Paypal for 8 years and have a few clients that pay me via PayPal.

Now, we are going to begin selling X-Cart mods in the near future, and I want the best solution for my company and for my customers. I am a big fan of personalized service, and I like the personalized service I am getting with XCharge vs. what I have experienced with PayPal.

I will probably cancel my application with PayPal now that I know it is PayFlow Link. I have already given the rates to XCharge, and they tell me they can beat them, and worked with me to negotiate special rates for me, in a more personalized fashion. This is just one example of why I like XCharge.. They may not be PayPal, but they are personalized, and have over 30,000 merchants that use them. They also include some other nice features in their services which include Card On File, Pay by Check, and Credit Card Swiping terminals for off-line payments.

As with everything, I suggest doing research and coming to your own conclusion. If anyone wants to know more about XCharge, I have included a page on my website about it. It won't hurt to give them a chance to see if they are a good fit for your company or not. http://www.dxweb.net/xcharge.html - Plus our module is Free. We will even install it for you.

It is not PayFlow Link. With Link it is obvious you leave the website (the payment page "customization" is/was a joke, we used to use Link). With Paypal Advanced it is not obvious you leave the website to pay.

Go here and click on "See how it works".

If X-Cart doesn't implement this solution (like Magento and others have) within the next few months, we are leaving X-Cart and not looking back, because it's ideal.

Running version: 4.5.5
Old 06-04-2012, 11:25 PM

X-Guru

X-Cart team is working on the PayPal integration update.
Yes, PayPal Payments Advanced will be included.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

The following 2 users thank qualiteam for this useful post:
am2003 (06-04-2012), componentman (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 06:25 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
X-Cart team is working on the PayPal integration update.
Yes, PayPal Payments Advanced will be included.

Thank you Alex! Please keep us updated. Would like to be PCI compliant ASAP.

Running version: 4.5.5
Old 06-07-2012, 03:58 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 & PCI-DSS requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by componentman
It is not PayFlow Link. With Link it is obvious you leave the website (the payment page "customization" is/was a joke, we used to use Link). With Paypal Advanced it is not obvious you leave the website to pay.

Go here and click on "See how it works".

If X-Cart doesn't implement this solution (like Magento and others have) within the next few months, we are leaving X-Cart and not looking back, because it's ideal.

Sorry, I should have been a little more clear when I said "repackaged version" of pay flow link. My keywords "repackaged" and "Version" were intended to convey that it was different, but related and could possibly carry with it similar issues in support as Payflow Link did for my client. I know that it looked like a good solution to add to my arsenal, but when I signed up for PayPal advanced, one email that i received told me that I signed up for PayFlow Link. Maybe I am wrong, but since the name is the same, I assumed it was related.

Thank you for the link in your post, but I saw the video and read the documentation prior to filling out the application. I don't just flippantly fill out credit card processing applications without doing a little research first. I felt that what I said has some validity to it, and hoped that readers would glean from my comment, not make a hasty decision, but would look into it themselves.

Hopefully it works for those who use it. It seams like a good deal, but that is of course as long as it works. I know our solution is working for our clients and they are all saving money all the way around.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements