Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Page speed

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 01-18-2020, 12:05 PM

Advanced Member

Default Page speed

I run my website at gtmetrix-com and at Yslow shows serious fixing while the grade is 61%. I need the following fixings and i don't know how :

Add Expires headers
Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Make fewer HTTP requests
Use cookie-free domains
Compress components
Reduce DNS lookups
Reduce the number of DOM elements
Minify JavaScript and CSS

The rest have 100% rating

The modules which multi vendor plan offers + backup module i purchase
Old 01-18-2020, 01:58 PM

Veteran

Default Re: Page speed

Each one of these has an explanation right next to / under it. Depending on what your site uses you may not be able to fix these.

If you use any of the social sites services, PP Express, any other 3rd party services for example you won't be able to improve on them as it does not depend on your site or server. Best way to fix issues like this related to 3rd party services - don't use them.

Add Expires headers - for anything that your server serves add expires headers in htaccess file. I believe stock XC htaccess file already has this so you are probably seeing issues with resources from Google, FB, Twitter, etc. In that case you can't fix it.

Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) - use CDN to serve images, js and css files. Keep in mind gtmetrix may not recognize some CDN even if you are using them. So if you know you are using CDN you can ignore this item. There is a module for MaxCDN and alike for XC5

Make fewer HTTP requests - this is very much out of your control. If you already have the caching tools in XC enabled there is not much you can do. You can enable them from the Look & Feel -> Performance page in admin

Use cookie-free domains - using CDN
Compress components - enable gzip on your server in cpanel

Reduce DNS lookups - there is not much you can do about this especially if you are using many 3rd party services

Reduce the number of DOM elements - there is not much you can do about this. It is the nature of XC5. Way too much js in it

Minify JavaScript and CSS - enabling the aggregation from the performance page in admin should help with this.

At the end however what matters is not to get 100% on this test but how fast your site and different pages load. The 100% is just a number and the issues/recommendations are there to give you a hint what can be improved. Not everything can be done on all sites though.

Hope that helps.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)