Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

My system seems to time out creating a system fingetprint
Dedicated SSL

Old 07-30-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrisk
My system seems to time out creating a system fingetprint

Have you seen my message http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=362171&postcount=153
Qualiteam Software Limited.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:14 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaP
Hi,

Could you please share a link via PM so I could take a look?

What would you like a link to? Just my site?
Dedicated SSL

Old 07-30-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrisk
What would you like a link to? Just my site?

Yes, I don't need other access details.

The following user thanks NikitaP for this useful post:
philrisk (07-30-2013)
Old 07-30-2013, 05:17 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaP
Yes, I don't need other access details.

Sent
Dedicated SSL

Old 08-10-2013, 06:43 AM

X-Guru

Hi Nikita,

I have mentioned this before - but as I am achieving results (and improved conversions and higher search rankings) as I incrementally improve site speed -- I am officially requesting a few improvements for CloudSearch, that really are needed for a top-performing site:

1. CloudSearch must use a CDN -- not serving the content from a CDN is really hurting page speed (the other way to say this: "if CloudSearch used a CDN, page load speed would be superior). There is not very much bandwidth being used in a search result, and considering this is a SaaS, you really should be using a CDN to deliver content from the server(s) closest to the customer. The .js file MUST be cached to an edge server (cdn).

2. From ySlow:
There are JavaScript scripts found in the head of the document:
Code:
http://cloudsearch.x-cart.com/static/cloud_search_xcart.js

Isn't there a better place for the js? Can't this js live in the <body> after all other page elements load?

Thanks for addressing these concerns.

J

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
NikitaP (08-13-2013)
Old 08-13-2013, 10:48 AM

Hi guys!

I'm excited to present you the results of a recent work on CloudSearch. We did a major upgrade of underlying software infrastructure, and also did a lot of refactoring which resulted in the following new features and improvements:

- CloudSearch now supports a powerful query syntax. You can now search for "(apple OR logitech) AND mouse" and yes, the results will be just like you would expect: it will find mouses manufactured by Apple and Logitech. Another new query syntax feature is a wildcard search: "*technology" will find products containing "nanotechnology". For those looking for more precise definition of a new query language there will be an update of CloudSearch manual, I will announce it a bit later.

- We have spent a lot of time making the spellchecker more clever and I think the results were worth it. Related improvements are as follows: it tries to detect words mistakenly entered with space, for example: "wire less" will result in "wireless" suggestion (it also works in an opposite way: "ipodshuffle" will be corrected to "ipod shuffle"). Another change is that it corrects not only product titles (as it was before), words from descriptions, product options and other extra data are also used for spelling corrections.

- An important change in the way how we score products when the query contains multiple words. Products containing entered words more closely to each other will be ranked higher.

- "Did you mean" functionality was added. Earlier CloudSearch tried to correct spelling mistakes only when no results were found. Now it suggests a corrected query when it results in more relevant products/categories/etc. than the original:

http://cloudsearch.x-cart.com/static/images/did-you-mean.png

- The visual formatting of text excerpts (those that show highlighted search terms) was improved. We also strip css/javascript from static page contents now.

- Performance, performance, performance - despite the fact that the amount of features CloudSearch supports continuously grows, we managed to get a 15%-25% performance gain after a wide range of optimization actions.

There's no need to update your connector code, all CloudSearch users already received these updates.

As there were a major change in different CloudSearch components I would like to ask our users to give a feedback on new and/or improved features. If you think that some behaviour needs to be changed you are welcome to report it here.

P.S. Jeremy, thank you for your message regarding CloudSearch performance, things you pointed out will surely be addressed.

P.P.S. I will be on vacation from Aug 15th till Aug 31st. I apologize in advance if I won't be able to respond to some of you guys in this thread or via PM.

The following user thanks NikitaP for this useful post:
ADDISON (08-13-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the enhancements to this feature, we certainty look forward to getting 4.6 installed so we can begin fully testing this new feature (since I am on vacation on the moment).

We have made some custom modification to this feature to make it better for our customers when searching for specific products, but one question I had was .. Is there anyway we can remove the "powered by cloudsearch" at the bottom?

Thanks,
Ryan
Braintree
Popup Anywhere
Abandoned Cart Reminder
Cloud Backup
Kayako Integration
Rich Google Search Results
Pin Code/License Key
Remember Me
Old 09-01-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark8700
Hi,

Thanks for the enhancements to this feature, we certainty look forward to getting 4.6 installed so we can begin fully testing this new feature (since I am on vacation on the moment).

We have made some custom modification to this feature to make it better for our customers when searching for specific products, but one question I had was .. Is there anyway we can remove the "powered by cloudsearch" at the bottom?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

"Powered by CloudSearch" note is included only in trial versions, paid users do not have this label.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 AM

X-Wizard

Here's my feedback.

Cloud search is nice, but it's slowing my site down a bit. Running a Google speed test, I have few errors but Cloud Search is mentioned twice, once somewhat critically:

"Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
Your page has 4 blocking script resources and 1 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page. None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
Remove render-blocking javascript:

http://cloudsearch.x-cart.com/static/cloud_search_xcart.js"

Next, I'm not quite sure how to leverage this out as I've already done that with Javascript but this one keeps showing up anyway:

"Leverage browser caching
Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.
Leverage browser caching for the following cacheable resources:
http://cloudsearch.x-cart.com/static/cloud_search_xcart.js (expiration not specified)"
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements