Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Showing Accessories for Product(s)

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-21-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Showing Accessories for Product(s)

What it is & how it works:

Live demo:
http://headsetinnovations.com/cart/product.php?productid=16266&cat=250&page=1

Screenshot:

Description: What it does is include the products listing for a defined category (Accessories) and lists them under a defined product. Product & Accessories associations are stored in the x-cart MySQL database for fast processing.

Installation:

1. Create a table in your x-cart database called 'sub_accessories' by running the following MySQL Query:
Code:
CREATE TABLE `sub_accessories` ( `active` char(1) NOT NULL default '0', `productid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `cat` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' ) TYPE=MyISAM;

2. Create a directory under /cart/skin1 called 'subaccess' in that folder create a file called 'subaccessphp.tpl' and put the following code in subaccessphp.tpl:
(Make sure you put in your MySQL databse & login information AND CHANGE 'change-to-your-store.com' to your website URL below...)
Code:
{php} // Gets your database login info from config.php global $sql_host, $sql_user, $sql_db, $sql_password; // Determine if user is in HTTP or HTTPS if ($HTTP_SERVER_VARS[SERVER_PORT] == 80) { $protocol = "HTTP"; } elseif ($HTTP_SERVER_VARS[SERVER_PORT] == 443) { $protocol = "HTTPS"; } // Read global vars global $protocol; global $productid; global $printable; // Connect and query mysql database mysql_connect($sql_host, $sql_user, $sql_password); mysql_select_db($sql_db) || die("Could not connect to SQL db"); $query = sprintf("SELECT active, cat FROM sub_accessories WHERE productid='$productid'"); $result = mysql_query($query); $query2 = sprintf("SELECT product FROM xcart_products WHERE productid='$productid'"); $result2 = mysql_query($query2); // Arrange mysql result and assign to vars while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { $sql_cat = $row['cat']; $sql_active = $row['active']; } while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result2)) { $sql_product = $row['product']; } // Formats product title for URI $url_product = str_replace(" ", "+", $sql_product); // Adds vars to the include url // CHANGE 'change-to-your-store.com' to your website URL!!! $inc_url = sprintf('http://change-to-your-store.com/cart/subaccess.php?cat=%s&tm=%s&accprod=%s', $sql_cat, $protocol, $url_product); // Check to see if there even is a database record if not do nothing and don't print on printable if ($sql_active == 1) { if ($printable == Y) { }else{ include $inc_url; } }else{ } {/php}

2a. Then create a file under the same dir (cart/skin1/subaccess) called 'subaccessdiag.tpl' and put the following code: (This is the template that controls how the accessories are listed)
Code:
{capture name=dialogacc}{section name=product loop=$products}{assign var="discount" value=0} <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td width="100%"><A href="product.php?productid={$products[product].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}" class="ProductTitle"> {$products[product].product}<span style="text-decoration: none"></span></font></A></td> <td nowrap valign="top"> <p align="right"><font color="#333333">{$products[product].productcode}</font></td> </tr> <tr> <td width="100%" colspan="2"> <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td width="2" valign="top"> <p align="left"><A href="product.php?productid={$products[product].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}">{if $tm eq "HTTPS"}{include file="product_thumbnail_secure.tpl" productid=$products[product].productid product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].tmbn_url}{else}{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$products[product].productid product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].tmbn_url}{/if} [img]{$ImagesDir}/viewdetails.gif[/img]</A><td valign="top"> <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td width="100%" valign="top"> <p style="margin-left: 2px"><font size="2">{$products[product].descr}</font></td> <td valign="top"> <p style="margin-left: 2px">{if $products[product].taxed_price ne 0} {if $products[product].list_price gt 0 and $products[product].taxed_price lt $products[product].list_price} {math equation="100-(price/lprice)*100" price=$products[product].taxed_price lprice=$products[product].list_price format="%d" assign=discount} {math equation="lprice-price" price=$products[product].taxed_price lprice=$products[product].list_price assign=discountsum} {if $discount gt 0} {$lng.lbl_market_price}: <font color="#333333">{include file="currency.tpl" value=$products[product].list_price}</font></FONT> {/if} {/if} <FONT class="ProductPrice">{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$products[product].taxed_price}</FONT> <FONT class="MarketPrice">{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$products[product].taxed_price}</FONT>{if $discount gt 0}You Save: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$discountsum}{/if} {if $products[product].taxes} {include file="customer/main/taxed_price.tpl" taxes=$products[product].taxes}{/if} {else} <FONT class="ProductPrice">{$lng.lbl_enter_your_price}</FONT> {/if} {if $active_modules.Feature_Comparison ne '' && $products[product].fclassid > 0} {include file="modules/Feature_Comparison/compare_checkbox.tpl" id=$products[product].productid} {/if} {include file="customer/main/buy_now.tpl" product=$products[product]} </td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table> [img]{$ImagesDir}/productshr.gif[/img] </p>{/section} {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title="Accessories for $accprod" content=$smarty.capture.dialogacc extra="width=100%"}

2b. Create a file under /cart/skin1 called 'product_thumbnail_secure.tpl' and put the following code:
Code:
{if $config.Appearance.show_thumbnails eq "Y"}[img]{if $tmbn_url}{$tmbn_url|replace:[/img]{/if}
(This was added because the php include function does not do HTTPS, this is the workaround to keep IE from giving you the "Insecure Items" warning.)

3. Create a file under /cart called 'subaccess.php' and put the following code:
Code:
<?php # # $Id: home.php,v 1.1.2.7 2005/01/12 07:41:42 svowl Exp $ # define('OFFERS_DONT_SHOW_NEW',1); require "./auth.php"; require $xcart_dir."/include/categories.php"; if ($active_modules["Manufacturers"]) include $xcart_dir."/modules/Manufacturers/customer_manufacturers.php"; if (empty($products)) include "./featured_products.php"; if (!empty($cat)) include "./products.php"; if($active_modules["Bestsellers"]) include $xcart_dir."/modules/Bestsellers/bestsellers.php"; if (!empty($current_category) and is_array($current_category["category_location"])) { foreach ($current_category["category_location"] as $k=>$v) $location[] = $v; } if (!empty($active_modules["Special_Offers"])) { include $xcart_dir."/modules/Special_Offers/category_offers.php"; } # # Assign Smarty variables and show template # $smarty->assign("main","catalog"); # Assign the current location line $smarty->assign("location", $location); # assign the transfer mode and accessories product name $smarty->assign("tm", $tm); $smarty->assign("accprod", $accprod); func_display("subaccess/subaccessdiag.tpl",$smarty); ?>

4. Then go to cart/skin1/customer/main/product.tpl and at the very bottom add this code:
Code:
{include file="subaccess/subaccessphp.tpl"}

5. Now its time to associate products with their accessories.
each field under the sub_accessories MySQL table has a purpose:
active: 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled (Use this to turn accessory listing on or off)
productid: (Set this to the productid of the product you want it to list under. You can get the productid by looking at the url where it says 'product.php?productid=16266' 16266 would be the product id you would enter.
cat: (Set this to the category where your accessories are. So if you accessories are under Accessories > Product go there and look at the url and get the cat #. E.G. 'home.php?cat=628' 628 would be the cat id you would enter for your accessories.

Example MySQL field setup:
active: 1
productid: 16266
cat: 628
This would list accessories for productid 16266 by including products in cat 628.
You can create multiple records for as many as you want!

Well, I thought I would share this with everyone just in case some one had a use for this. Im not php expert im still learning PHP. Im sure there are some better ways to do some of this but this is how I have it and it works GREAT! Any suggestions/comments are welcome.

Thanks, Austin

Changelog:
[10/30/05] - Removed MySQL login/pass & db info and added the following in subaccessphp.tpl:
Code:
global $sql_host, $sql_user, $sql_db, $sql_password;
[10/31/05] - Added function so accessories won't show up in printable version. Added the following to subaccessphp.tpl
Code:
global $printable; // Check to see if there even is a database record if not do nothing and don't print on printable if ($sql_active == 1) { if ($printable == Y) { }else{ include $inc_url; } }else{ }

I have edited the the code above to reflect this change.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:39 PM

eXpert

Just wanted to say this looks like a great mod! Good work.

Don't know that I have a use for it - but it's good to see somebody else actively mod'ing on their own instead of digging for free answers

IF you xcart, THEN you prosper, ELSE you fail. ELSEIF xcart fails, THEN you fix it, all the WHILE {loop}\'ing {section}\'s to feed your $smarty mind.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:50 PM

Advanced Member

Default nice mod

Love the mod! I'm new at this and would love to use it I just need to know where I put the:

Example MySQL field setup:
active: 1
productid: 16266
cat: 628

do I put it in product.tpl or in the subaccess.php? sorry like I said I just got this program and not a programer
Old 10-21-2005, 08:28 PM

That is something you want to put in your MySQL table... You can do it by running this MySQL query:

Code:
INSERT INTO `sub_accessories` SET `active`=1, `productid`=12345, `cat`=123;

Change 12345 to the productid that you will be displaying accessories under. Then change 123 to the cat # of this category you will be listing under that product.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:27 PM

X-Wizard

bit useful for selling vehicle spare parts.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:27 PM

HI anoack,

Great Mod thank you very much

High Quality CCTV DVRs & Cameras
http://www.eaglemobiles.co.uk/CCTV
Old 10-30-2005, 10:56 AM

anyone actually apply this and have luck with it? Just curious before trying it out
Old 10-30-2005, 03:56 PM

I have made some small changes to the code as I have advanced in my php skills.

Changelog:
[10/30/05] - Removed MySQL login/pass & db info and added the following:
Code:
global $sql_host, $sql_user, $sql_db, $sql_password;
I have edited the the code on the first post to reflect this change.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
anyone actually apply this and have luck with it? Just curious before trying it out
I have it working on our live store at http://headsetinnovations.com
If you have any proplems with installation post it here or just PM me.

Note: It is currently working with the version of X-Cart I have in my signature.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:54 PM

THANK YOU! I have a designer with lots of add ons to her products and this would really increase sales for her.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions