Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 5 beta testing

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-04-2013, 02:57 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 5 beta testing

I very much like the simplicity of the look and feel. This looks like something I would move my x-cart gold plus store to in time once it has been tested further.

One thing I noticed was there was not a currency change option. It seems you can change the language to native french, but then still display dollars? This would be a welcome improvement.

Ultimate 5.4 testing

The following 3 users thank RichieRich for this useful post:
ambal (09-04-2013), elaine (09-04-2013), xim (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 03:01 AM

X-Adept

Dragging a product with variants to cart doesnt seem logical without forcing the customer to choose a variant.

Also, in the Upcoming products items, there appears to be a little confusion but likely a simple fix where you are showing in the same page:

In stock (1000 items available)
Coming soon (expected on Sep 4, 2013)

Ultimate 5.4 testing

The following 2 users thank RichieRich for this useful post:
ambal (09-04-2013), xim (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 05:31 AM

X-Guru

I have worked fairly extensively with X-cart 5. I can say that it is very close to being ready for production sites. Certainly the way of the future. Very excited that it is progressing so well! Keep up the good work guys!
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.

The following 2 users thank totaltec for this useful post:
ambal (09-04-2013), elaine (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 07:34 AM

X-Man

I really like Qualiteam's approach to join this beta testing. Just got a newsletter informing me about a $15k USD prize for the most active tester. Good job guys, but you should pay in cash

Anyway all depends how long will take this beta testing, I hope enough to solve as much issues as we find. Not like in 4.5, one week for testing.

You have to admit in the last 1 year and the half things moved faster than previous years. I don't know who is responsible for shovel&coal inside Qualiteam, but good things happened. Hope you continue listen our needs. Without criticism from Community this shopping cart could not achieve its best.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following 6 users thank ADDISON for this useful post:
ambal (09-04-2013), cherie (09-04-2013), Emerson (09-04-2013), Jon (09-04-2013), rocky (09-04-2013), totaltec (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 08:35 AM

eXpert

What is the difference between the basic and advanced packages, besides price? I read that the advanced package includes coupons and discounts. Also, XC Gold upgrades to 5.x for $300 ... I assume the advanced package. What's the upgrade to the basic package?

Several mods in menu and skin, BSCE shipping-per-product, CDSEO Pro
Old 09-04-2013, 08:46 AM

Advanced Member

I was happy to install a copy of the newly announced version. First thing I noticed after performing a fresh install, was that in Store Setup > Cart and Checkout there seems to be a language var missing ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blank.jpg (36.3 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-04-2013, 09:26 AM

X-Man

If you have Attributes and Groups of Attributes like in Magento more will join this new version. I just tested both Magentos, 1.8 alpha and 2.0 and I am not satisfied. But their attributes are very powerful: to use in comparison, sort by, layering navigation, product page. I am one who spent a lot of time with magento and other cart last year. I brought with me all nice idea you may find in ideas.x-cart.com

In Feature Comparison please do not compare apples with smartphones. Just take the features from XC4 Feature Comparison. I provided you in ideas.x-cart.com a few addition to improve it to our days.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 09-04-2013, 09:37 AM

Unhappy Re: X-Cart 5 beta testing

What ever happened to free future updates to shopping cart software?

I remember clearing reading that before I signed up years ago.

I've been with you guys since version 2.9, up till now. Why all of a sudden you charge us for a new version?

Not only that, I've paid just within the last year for Refine Filters, New arrivals and Coming soon, and etc, and they come built-in with version 5. Do I get a refund for the extensions I paid just not long ago!??!?!? Or do I need to fork out yet ANOTHER $99 for this?

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:47 AM

X-Man

Normally all issues/bugs should be fixed for free. Any new version which has new features could be charged. When I am switching from Corel X5 to X6 I pay, same for Office, Adobe. We cannot interfere into a company policy. $99 USD/year for updates (I call this new features) is not a big deal for a shopping cart which lives making money, it's just 9.9 bucks/month. But with this fee Qualiteam cannot complain they don't have enough resources to provide good stuff. It is like an investment in a company.

P.S. For many years, ten I guess, XC was more a free shopping cart. I bought my first license in 2008, I could sell it to anyone interested, over 6 years of free updates to new versions just for $145. Please don't be disappointed. If $99 is a big fee, do your upgrade when you need it, even after 2 years. I have to say once again all issues/bugs should be for free. XC5 has automatically updates now so we should not worry about the fixes.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:00 AM

Advanced Member

One of the most important thing is language files.

Starting from the very first versions of X-Cart we have spent many time editing and translating properly every single line of the language file.

Every X-Cart language pack that I've seen need to be fixed a lot to improve his quality, so if we must redo all the language editing work from the beginning, well... this will be very frustrating.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements