Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

xc seo url rewrite sending products with "print" in the title to printable page

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 10-30-2008, 10:40 AM

Advanced Member

Default xc seo url rewrite sending products with "print" in the title to printable page

Hey I just ran into a problem where if I have "print" in a products name the page the customer is sent to is the printable page which of course looks like the site just broke. I could go through and change each one in the admin but I'd rather not and I know there is a better solution.

My first idea was to go into the .htaccess and rewrite some of the rules, but I don't know how to change it properly. If anyone can help here is what I think is causing my problem (in particular the RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ rule)

Code:
# Rewrite SEO product URL's RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$4&cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$4&cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$3&cat=$2 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$2 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$2 [QSA,L]

My other idea was maybe I could go into the product section of the sql and replace any "print" to "prints" in the title of the products which I think I can do on my own. Will that work alright?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:58 AM

Veteran

Default Re: xc seo url rewrite sending products with "print" in the title to printable page

Moving to Third Party Add-ons
Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: xc seo url rewrite sending products with "print" in the title to printable page

thanks
Old 10-30-2008, 11:25 AM

X-Guru

If you don't use the printable pages, one option is to comment out the lines with "print" in your .htaccess file and remove the link for printable pages on your website.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:50 AM

Advanced Member

I don't so that works perfectly! Thanks
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4