Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

a few question to a guru
 
Reply
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-02-2011, 04:47 PM
 
myko myko is offline
 

Member
  
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13
 

Default a few question to a guru

Before purchasing a pro license I would like to customize the x-cart for my project. The changes I have to make are quite numerous so before hiring someone I am trying to figure out what has been done so I do not do the coding twice. Would you be willing to answer the following questions:
1. Is there a 3rd party addon/mod that allows a customer to leave feedback for a provider after he purchases an item from the provider? This will allow to better motivate the providers.

2. How can I customize the Customer review module that comes with x-cart, to allow a customer leave review for an item he bought only and only one review per purchase/item? Say the customer gets an email with invitation to leave a review for the item and the provider he bought the item from. Has it been done before? This should make the review system more systematic and take extra pressure from the admin shoulders.

3. Has anyone developed a macro for Excel to convert and analyze data at the *.csv files for orders and items after importing it from the x-cart database? I would love to see some examples. I am, honestly, having difficulties understanding the export/import and data analysis process.

4. At the product search form how to insert a search by company name (sellers name)? Has it been done before?

5. Where in the x-cart files is the validator code which makes sure providers and customers choose a UNIQUE e-mail address at the time of registration? I would like to modify the validator to work with other form fields.

6. Would you be willing to give me a temporal access (for a few days) to the restricted part of the x-cart forum so I will stop torturing you with all the technical questions and do the research myself?
Thank you

Nickolas
__________________
4.4.1
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-03-2011, 02:27 AM
  ambal's Avatar 
ambal ambal is offline
 

X-Cart team
  
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,102
 

Default Re: a few question to a guru

Hi Mycola,

> 1. Is there a 3rd party addon/mod that allows a customer to leave
> feedback for a provider after he purchases an item from the provider?
> This will allow to better motivate the providers.

Do you mean something like "post comments about an order right after it is placed"? I fear X-Cart don't have this feature out of the box. Neither I see something suitable at http://marketplace.x-cart.com/addons-modules/ and http://mods.x-cart.com/home.php


> 2. How can I customize the Customer review module that comes with x-
> cart, to allow a customer leave review for an item he bought only and
> only one review per purchase/item? Say the customer gets an email with
> invitation to leave a review for the item and the provider he bought
> the item from. Has it been done before? This should make the review
> system more systematic and take extra pressure from the admin shoulders.

Such customization is feasible and I am sure our X-Cart developers and many of 3rd party X-Cart developers did such a customization in the past.


> 3. Has anyone developed a macro for Excel to convert and analyze data
> at the *.csv files for orders and items after importing it from the x-
> cart database? I would love to see some examples. I am, honestly,
> having difficulties understanding the export/import and data analysis
> process.

Not sure about the Excel macro, but perhaps I'll be able to help you with understanding import/export in X-Cart. What kind of difficulties did you face to?


> 4. At the product search form how to insert a search by company name
> (sellers name)? Has it been done before?

This shouldn't be a complex customization of X-Cart. Seems very easy to me. Unfortunately, explaining how to do a customization goes a bit beyond my abilities


> 5. Where in the x-cart files is the validator code which makes sure
> providers and customers choose a UNIQUE e-mail address at the time of
> registration? I would like to modify the validator to work with other
> form fields.

I hope someone from experienced X-Cart developers will tell something here. AFAIK it is done via unique field for e-mails in users table of X-Cart database.


> 6. Would you be willing to give me a temporal access (for a few days)
> to the restricted part of the x-cart forum so I will stop torturing you
> with all the technical questions and do the research myself?

Contact our sales at sales@qtmsoft.com. Perhaps they will be able to do something for you.
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Alex Mulin
VP of business development for X-Cart
X-Payments project manager
Reply With Quote
Reply
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:39 AM.

   

 
X-Cart forums © 2001-2018