Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Xcart Virtual Terminal Mod

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-15-2007, 05:44 AM

Default Xcart Virtual Terminal Mod

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone new of any modification that will allow me to make custom orders for customers who order by phone or email.

Most important is some kind of Virtual Terminal that will allow me to take orders over the telephone. The only system I can see that even gets close to this is the http://www.bcsengineering.com/ modification. However, this mod seems needlessly complicated, as you have to add the products individually, whereas I would much prefer a text field to type in the purchase. Also, there are products not on the website that we can sell to people over the phone.

Less important would be a mod that would allow me to give customers a URL to custom orders that they have enquired about by phone or email. This way they can purchase online, but I can offer discounts for bulk buys or products that are not on the site yet.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 08-15-2007, 06:41 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Xcart Virtual Terminal Mod

http://bcsengineering.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=126&cat=0&page=1

That is really your best option and it works fine.

Moving this thread to Third Party Add-Ons
Old 09-26-2007, 09:46 AM

X-Man

BCSE point of sale will do this for you, all you need to do is add a product to x-cart called "Custom product" add a text field entry for it so you can type in the product name and the price.

POS is one of the best order add ons around for x-cart, very fast and pretty flexible, you can also order custom work to get the extra features you need.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 09-26-2007, 11:05 AM

Advanced Member

Can you guys tell me this about the POS mod? I don't understand in the screen demo where there is a link to a vertual terminal. Does this mean you then have to reenter the order manually in your virtual terminal or will the POS mod use the credit card interface that the customer facing cart uses?

It looks cumbersome to create the order and when I sam that I might have to process the card manually still, it was a deal killer.

thanks!
SEO Mod
Old 09-27-2007, 06:05 AM

Hi peakay,

I went ahead and got the POS mod, and it's working out well. The POS integration with xcart is very good.

We use Authorize.net payment processing, and POS integrates with this automatically - there is no need to process the card later. It only supports the following cc processors, so if yours is not on the list then you will have to process it manually later:
Authorize.net AIM
Link Point
Netregistry
protx
Verisign payflow pro

Having looked around this appears to be the only POS terminal around, so I'm afraid that you won't have a lot of choice. Personally, we have been very happy with it.

Best regards,
Sam
Old 04-10-2008, 02:46 PM

X-Adept

Can anyone tell me how encrypted the source for the BCSE POS mod is? I need to do some extensive modding to it if I purchase it, and I don't want to purchase it if all the core functionality is hidden in encrypted files. I'm just trying to find out if it's open enough to add some new functionality for my custom partner discount mod and some other custom code I've written.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:21 AM

X-Guru

For the POS we have spent countless hours (hundreds of hours...we lost track) creating this module and maintaining it. So we do encrypt all of the php code in it. So there is not much customizable with this module. We do plan to rewrite it sometime in the future to make the "look" customizable. Only the header and footer is currently customizable.

It is very complex to customize. It is a shopping cart in and of itself. It only uses 2 of X-cart's functions and that's the calculating of taxes and shipping. Everything else is stand alone. So it would not be like a normal x-cart mod to modify anyway.

We do provide customizations to it at a reasonable cost. We also have added a new feature where you can call some scripts at the end of the order processing I believe. To support like the google analytics, etc.

Email us if you have questions.

thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 04-15-2008, 01:41 PM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorgod
Can anyone tell me how encrypted the source for the BCSE POS mod is? I need to do some extensive modding to it if I purchase it, and I don't want to purchase it if all the core functionality is hidden in encrypted files. I'm just trying to find out if it's open enough to add some new functionality for my custom partner discount mod and some other custom code I've written.

POS is one mod you don't want to mod! I'm suprised BCSE managed to do it as well as they did in the first place, make it work and support it this far done the line given the complexity of all the different permutations it has to handle.

You could do what we did and just pay them to add the functionality you need or build a hook in that lets them add your mod easily to thiers via an external paramater request.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 12-05-2008, 06:06 PM

Advanced Member

Hey folks,
We bought and had installed the Point of Sale mod in Nov. Since then, we have only been able to get one order through.
(1) The mod has no place for the cvv code. The config php has info on it regarding the cvv but there is no field for it on the order form.
(2) The customers' first and last name do not show on the order form. If the order taker types it incorrectly, they can not see it to make the change before submitting it for processing (and yet another decline.)
(3) The customer info order form says to leave the shipping info blank if it is the same as the billing. But, the mod does not transmit this info to the gateway. Most of our gateway declines said that the shipping first and last name were missing and the cvv code was missing.
Has anyone else who had this mod installed experienced / resolved the same problems? Any idea what could be causing these problems? If so, we'd appreciate some help!

X-cart 4.12; Linux/Unix
MODS: View All
UPS Label Generator
Advanced Search
Remember Me
Address Book Modifications
Drop Shipper Pro
Feed Manager (waste of money)
Glossary
Xcart Sitemap (customer map)
X-CART Product Map
Customer Reviews
Wish List
CDSEO Pro
Phone Ordering/POS Module
Back in Stock Module
Pre-Order Back Order Module
Remember Anonymous Carts
Social Bookmarking
and more...
Old 12-05-2008, 07:53 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalk
Hey folks,
We bought and had installed the Point of Sale mod in Nov. Since then, we have only been able to get one order through.
(1) The mod has no place for the cvv code. The config php has info on it regarding the cvv but there is no field for it on the order form.
(2) The customers' first and last name do not show on the order form. If the order taker types it incorrectly, they can not see it to make the change before submitting it for processing (and yet another decline.)
(3) The customer info order form says to leave the shipping info blank if it is the same as the billing. But, the mod does not transmit this info to the gateway. Most of our gateway declines said that the shipping first and last name were missing and the cvv code was missing.
Has anyone else who had this mod installed experienced / resolved the same problems? Any idea what could be causing these problems? If so, we'd appreciate some help!

E.P.

We are helping you on our support system. We're just waiting for login information to resolve. I'm probably going to have to work extra this weekend to catch up from the flu running through the office so I will try to get back to you sooner than later. These aren't typical problems so I'll have to see why your copy is not working on your site. Possibly it's a conflict with your X-cart version.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4