Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

display names of hidden products?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 09-30-2011, 03:08 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: display names of hidden products?

I also pasted that query to products.php, edited products_t_menu.tpl and added {$hidden_products} , and {include file="customer/main/products_t_menu.tpl"} on the customer_manufacturer_products.tpl, but this way is causing most of my template to become white, and doesn't display anything, it seems.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:15 PM

Advanced Member

Actually, I want to display the hidden product's SKU. Can I do this?
Old 09-30-2011, 05:19 PM

Advanced Member

I tried using $hidden_products.productcode , but it does not seem to work, or display?
Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 PM

Advanced Member

I tried doing this on products.php, inside customer_manufacturer template i linked to main/products_t_menu.tpl, and all i get is blank results.

What is the best way to display the hidden product's SKU's???
Old 10-01-2011, 01:48 PM

Advanced Member

The trick was going to manufacturers.php , and before

the current // assign the current location, add this code;

if ($manufacturerid) { // get hidden products array $hidden_products = func_query("SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[products] WHERE forsale = 'H' AND manufacturerid = '$manufacturerid'"); //Assign the hidden_products variable (array) to smarty $smarty->assign('hidden_products', $hidden_products); }

then on my products_t_menu.tpl, I used this code;

{foreach from=$hidden_products item=i} SKU: <a href="product.php?productid={$i.productid}">{$i.pr oductcode}</a> <br /> {/foreach}
Old 10-03-2011, 06:01 AM

X-Guru

If it's displaying "Array" that is a good sign! It means that your data is being found, and that the variable &hidden_products is initialized.

You need to search the web for some understanding of arrays in php, and how to access those arrays through smarty.

Lets look at the query: SELECT *

This means select everything. So it when it finds a row in the DB table xcart_products WHERE the column forsale = H it is going to add the contents of that row into your array. Array are indexed automatically using numbers.

A simple array would just have one row's contents in it, ie {$hidden_products.product} would correspond to the contents of the porduct column in the DB table. What this query is creating is a multidimensional array because there are multiple rows. The first row of a multidimensional array is usually 0 then 1,2,3 etc.

Now to get data from the multidimensional array we need to loop through each row.
Code:
{foreach from=$hidden_products item=$hproducts} Name ={$hproducts.product} Sku ={$hproducts.productcode} {/foreach}

HTH,
-Mike

EDIT: oops it looks like you got it, I was responding to your PM, and didn't read further in the thread.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:54 AM

X-Man

Just curious, why do you want to do this? Usually products that are hidden are hidden for a reason. Since they are "available for sale" all anyone would have to do is search for the SKU listed and find the product page (provided you have search by SKU enabled, which you probably should).

Not only that, but be aware that if the product was "available for sale" and not hidden at any point it will most likely still be listed by any search engine that found it at that time since the product page is still accessible.
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design