Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.7.4. Pitney Bowes; Tax system, AOM, Search and Product options improvements

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-30-2015, 03:41 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.4. Pitney Bowes; Tax system, AOM, Search and Product options improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Shvetsova
This improvement relates not only to AOM, but to all product search dialog boxes in the admin area: Featured products, Related products, Feature Comparison, coupons and special offer features. You can check the demo to see how it works http://www.x-cart.com/classic-demo.html
Even better! That is just GREAT. Thank you very much!
Old 10-30-2015, 04:59 AM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.4. Pitney Bowes; Tax system, AOM, Search and Product options improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skot
Thank you for the question.

Please, answer my questions if possible:

What are the benefits will bring the html5+css3 based template?
Does the free built-in templates "Light responsive" and "Ideal responsive" not suit the major needs?

Your feedback is very important for us.

Thank you.

HTML5 has been out for long time now. CSS3 as well. All browsers support them. These are the standards now. This is the least reason to NOT use HTML4/CSS2 anymore.

It has been said many many times here - XC needs a major overhaul of its template system - HTML5/CSS3 based, remove all deprecated code, re-write css to standards, etc.

It is ridiculous to have this old old code and standard in XC while every other shopping cart, WP, etc is up to date.
Even XC5 is not much compliant.

And what are the benefits? Many. Not to mention CSS3 can easily replace images and js scripts in design/layout.

The questions should not be
"What are the benefits will bring the html5+css3 based template?"

The questions should be "Why XC is still not HTML5/CSS3 based?".

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
anandat (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 05:50 AM

X-Cart team

We believe that every feature implemented in 4.7.4 version is more important than HTML5/CSS3 compliance for existing customer base on v4: XC4 already supports all the popular browsers, XC4 is responsive and the developers are welcome to use HTML5/CSS3 in their custom skins. Rewriting codebase is a very long and hard process that will take a lot of QA resources. We need to make sure that we give a corresponding value for the community as the result of this project.

XC5 is already using HTML5/CSS3 features and we are going to make it 100% complaint with the 5.3 release with a new super skin aboard. It is too early to speak about our roadmap for 5.3, but we have some plans and we will share it with the community by the end of this year.

The following 3 users thank xim for this useful post:
aim (10-30-2015), mixon (11-02-2015), skot (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 06:35 AM

Veteran

I know Max and I know XC4 is at the end of the chain now and there won't be improvements of the template system. I was just answering the question "What are the benefits will bring the html5+css3 based template?".

This is what I get with every XC4 upgrade - can you please make it responsive, html5/css3 compliant because the stock XC template sucks. Even the responsive one.
Take it from your clients, I am not making this up.

Just so you know.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:18 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by skot
Thank you for the question.

Please, answer my questions if possible:

What are the benefits will bring the html5+css3 based template?
Does the free built-in templates "Light responsive" and "Ideal responsive" not suit the major needs?

Your feedback is very important for us.

Thank you.

this is a big question to answer, just pls google or bing "html5 advantages", i am sure you will get best answers. let me mention some advantages of html5+ css3 here first:

1. Mutuality
2. Cleaner markup / Improved Code
3. Improved Semantics
4. Elegant forms
5. Consistency
6. Improved Accessibility
7. Fulfill the need of Web application
8. Offline Application cache
9. Client-side database
10. Mobile and Geo-Location
11. good for seo
12. Rich Media Elements Support
13. Rich Internet Applications
www.loupesusa.com X-Cart Version: 4.7.11 GOLD PLUS
Old 10-30-2015, 04:17 PM

X-Wizard

I may have missed it in the changelog, but was this bug fix included in this version?
Old 11-02-2015, 04:47 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherie
I may have missed it in the changelog, but was this bug fix included in this version?

Bug fix for the use case
https://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=389623&postcount=63

has been included in this version.

Thank you.

The following user thanks aim for this useful post:
cherie (11-02-2015)
Old 11-03-2015, 05:31 PM

Veteran

Going back to post #8 and post #13 above - do you still believe HTML5/CSS3 is not important? And XC should continue to heavily rely on HTML4/CSS2 and JS?

See this - https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=73008

HTML5/CSS3 compliant cart is a must. No HTML4, CSS2. tons of js code, etc is necessary. There is a lot HTML5 can do on its own.

I myself have replaced many js files and lines of code on my site converting it all to HTML5/CSS3 - using latest XC 4.6.x. It took a lot of time and effort but it is not impossible.

If you are to support XC4 for the next 5 years, as it was said and promised, you need to get next XC4 version released completely on HTML5/CSS3. The existing XC4 customer base will quickly disappear - who needs old outdated patch over patch over patch cart full of features? Features which cannot be used or need constant fix?

Just saying....
Old 11-03-2015, 11:54 PM

X-Adept

all current x-cart 4 based templates are out of dated already!
for user experiences, or seo purposes, all, including google, are talking about htlm5+css3+ responsive designing.

Another trends we can find, many famous sites, and high ranking ec sites have transferred to htlm5+css3+ responsive designing new sites.
www.loupesusa.com X-Cart Version: 4.7.11 GOLD PLUS
Old 11-05-2015, 03:07 PM

i think the clear big advantage is form. html5 offers us a lot useful new tags, and attributes, say email, url, multi form action targets, multi pre-select checkbox, optgroud, and more.

all these are really very useful for ec cart.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements