X-Cart v4.5.0 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by james elliott
I find it totally insane that a business releases a product that they assure people is totally ready for live production...

Then use this forum to feed them your free info on the bugs that it may or may not have. Yet if you ask them a simple question pertaining to this half done version they want me to pay them $99.00 .. How can you justify asking me for $99 for something that is so flawed that you have to come here to even find out what flaws you missed..

I give them credit for taking advantage of suckers like us...

Sorry, James, but I have to disagree with you on this point. Julia provided you with a detailed explanation, specified a possible origin of the problem, gave you a link to our online manual with a configuration guide, and as you probably mentioned this consultation was provided free of charge.

Moreover, we offered you our technical assistance with the Google Checkout configuration. Our support system is commercial-based, therefore you were offered to purchase our support services, it is fair I reckon.

Should you have any technical issue, questions or complaints please feel free to contact us via the message board.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:36 AM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Admin -> Maintenance

Section "Remove credit card information" should not be there at all and all coding related to it removed from the cart - XC does not store CC info anymore so this section is useless

QT's response to this

Quote:
This functionality is preserved for upgraded stores that used to keep CC data in order details (xcart_orders table => details field) and to process credit card payments manually. So, merchants who upgraded their cart from an earlier version to 4.5.0 will be able to strip out all credit card info from their database in order to meet PCI-DSS.

This is understandable but... of course - since XC deletes card fields from customers table automatically when upgrade to 4.5.x is done why not do the same for the orders table. I am sure non of the XC admins who used to store CC info will go to maintenance and use this to clear the database of any CC info. They will just assume XC already did that. It seems logical to me the upgrade to take care of this behind the scene automatically and not to rely on the XC admin to do this manually.
Do I have a point? Isn't it this the goal of 4.5.x stripping out all the CC related info from the code so it doesn't allow storing or keeping CC info anymore?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 PM

Advanced Member

Rocky, When do you expect 4.5.1 to be released?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:00 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycch
Rocky, When do you expect 4.5.1 to be released?

The ETA is unknown yet. The approximate date is the first half of June.

The following 5 users thank rocky for this useful post:
chamberinternet (05-29-2012), cherie (05-29-2012), PhilJ (06-03-2012), tonycch (05-29-2012), totaltec (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.0 released - one page checkout

How is x-cart one page checkout for v.4.5.x? Good enough or I still need to get Altered one page checkout.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:33 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.0 released - one page checkout

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycch
How is x-cart one page checkout for v.4.5.x? Good enough or I still need to get Altered one page checkout.
There are many different opinions on this subject. I have recently launched several sites using the default OPC. With a little language modifications, and a few graphics explaining the process, it works quite well.

The only complaint I hear about X-cart's OPC, is the need to click the Apply button at the bottom of the left-hand column. Some customers might miss this, especially if they have a small screen and do not scroll down. A simple message at the top of the middle column seems to clear this up though.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 PM

Veteran

Gift wrapping bug (I assume it exists in all 4.4.x as well). When gift wrap option in admin is active the gift wrap message box shows even if it is not checked in admin. To fix open

/skin/common_files/modules/Gift_Registry/gift_wrapping_cart.tpl

and change this line

{if $config.General.enable_greeting_message}

to

{if $config.General.enable_greeting_message eq 'Y'}

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
am2003 (06-04-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 PM

Veteran

Anyone experienced this products map bug - https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=41595
Old 06-15-2012, 06:15 AM

eXpert

how come there are still bugs for v4.5?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 AM

Veteran

There is no bug-free software. You have to expect any new version to have them. The frustrating part is when you get same bugs as the previous version after they have been reported....
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements