Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart v4.5.0 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 05-04-2012, 12:13 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.0 released

I've uploaded updated UPS bugfix and the necessary instructions here -> http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=338697

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Old 05-04-2012, 06:56 AM

eXpert

Couple of things.

1. Checkout by Amazon no longer works. (omg I just fixed it as I was typing this: re-copied database files). Wow. Nevermind.

2. Evaluation notice. After testing 4.5 in a sub-directory I moved it live after updating config. I already manually deleted the home eval notice because it's annoying when trying to do page design. Anyway after going to my licenses here and updating version, I'm still getting the eval notice on admin page, and ... I KID YOU NOT this also was fixed as I typed. Of course the updating the license took care of it, just on a little time delay. I should get a lotto ticket.

3. Upgrade patch to Smarty3 absolutely doesn't work for me, no doubt because I have 3rd party mods and don't have a clue about Smarty. 4.5.0 still works with current Smarty2 though.

I'm live with 4.5. My last version 4.4.3 lost ability to process cc, so going with 4.5.0 was easy decision. Fresh install but copied database info from earlier version. Only thing that didn't copy at all is product images/thumbs/detailed images. Not an x-cart issue of course.

BIG Question: Since now all 4.5.0 stores are PCI compliant, we don't need our SSL certificates anymore, right? I mean the whole purpose of buying those certs was so our stores were kosher as we accepted customer cc info and passed onto our gateways. Now all that cc info is entered off-site at, in my case, AuthNet/Google/Amazon/PayPal. Those sites need SSL certs. Or is there another reason why I should renew my cert?

Several mods in menu and skin, BSCE shipping-per-product, CDSEO Pro
Old 05-04-2012, 07:17 AM

Two questions.
1. We use Authorize.net SIM payment gateway which as I understand it should be PCI compliant without using x-payments. Do I understand this correctly?
2. In a prior post, it was stated that an upgrade patch was being created. Will this upgrade from 4.4.5 to 4.5x? We are using xcart pretty much off the shelf at the moment as the standard features meet our needs without a great deal of massaging. Would I be better served by doing a new install pointing to the current 4.4.5 db?

X-Cart Gold 4.4.5
Add-on: X-RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization)
Add-on: X-AOM (Advanced Order Management)
Add-on: X-FancyCategories
Old 05-04-2012, 07:33 AM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustomrides
BIG Question: Since now all 4.5.0 stores are PCI compliant, we don't need our SSL certificates anymore, right? I mean the whole purpose of buying those certs was so our stores were kosher as we accepted customer cc info and passed onto our gateways. Now all that cc info is entered off-site at, in my case, AuthNet/Google/Amazon/PayPal. Those sites need SSL certs. Or is there another reason why I should renew my cert?

WRONG. You absolutely need SSL. SSL is not to make you PCI compliant. SSL works in secure mode to encrypt information transmitted over Internet. This applies not only to financial info but personal info as well. Any site that deals with customer financial and/or personal info, any site that has login/register must have SSL installed and work in secure mode when dealing with this kind of info

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
kustomrides (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 07:34 AM

Veteran

1. We use Authorize.net SIM payment gateway which as I understand it should be PCI compliant without using x-payments. Do I understand this correctly? YES
2. In a prior post, it was stated that an upgrade patch was being created. Will this upgrade from 4.4.5 to 4.5x? We are using xcart pretty much off the shelf at the moment as the standard features meet our needs without a great deal of massaging. Would I be better served by doing a new install pointing to the current 4.4.5 db? NO, You can't just point 4.4.5 db to 4.5.x install. DB has to be upgraded first. QT will soon release upgrade packs
Old 05-04-2012, 07:40 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by drooker
Two questions.
1. We use Authorize.net SIM payment gateway which as I understand it should be PCI compliant without using x-payments. Do I understand this correctly?

Authorize.net SIM is PCI compliant. It was the AIM module that wasn't, unless your site itself was compliant. But remember that customers are still looking for that lock icon during checkout, so they should be directed to https area of the cart/registration pages etc.

I went to your site and noticed that customers aren't directed to https on the cart page. Customers may still think their data isn't secure, even though it is when they are taken to AuthNet's payment page. You'll lose orders from people wanting to see a secure page when they click on their cart.

That's because customers have been trained (via industry education and browsers' detection of unsecure pages) to avoid websites that don't have the lock icon/blue-or-green url bar or whatever their browser does with secure pages.

Several mods in menu and skin, BSCE shipping-per-product, CDSEO Pro
Old 05-05-2012, 11:03 AM

X-Adept

Is V4.5.0 stable now?

X-cart - X-PDF

Altered Cart - Checkout one
Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 PM

Veteran

As stable as it was before
Old 05-05-2012, 02:10 PM

X-Adept

Is ok to use for a live store or am I better sticking with v4.4.5

Thanks

X-cart - X-PDF

Altered Cart - Checkout one
Old 05-05-2012, 02:12 PM

Veteran

See post #36 - QT thinks it is. I would wait though for 4.5.1 to get live with 4.5.x branch
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements