Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

wishlist help

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 09-23-2011, 01:39 AM

Default wishlist help

I want to add the wishlist info in the OnePageCheckout page, but i don't know how to add it with the product list and other components.

I believe that i need to modify something in cart.php but don't know what.

Can anybody help me ?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:21 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: wishlist help

Can you clarify what you are looking to do?

You can use webmaster mode to determine what variables are assigned to your session at the moment, visit the cart page with it enabled to see what is assigned. To install this mod you will need to track down every instance of the wishlist and figure out what makes it tick.

Describe your issue further and I will help you. Provide links and descriptions of what you want and where it should appear.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:41 PM

My task is simple to put the wishlist in the checkout page. But i dont know how to modify the cart.php to initialize the wishlist in the checkout page.

The reason i want to do that is that i modified the wishlist to act as a "ask for offer" module. The customor adds to it and it sends a mail to the shop for a price offer.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:57 AM

X-Guru

Okay I have done some research. Looking at webmaster mode, on the wishlist page, I see the array that holds the wishlist is assigned to this variable: {$wl_products} try searching through cart.php for variations of mode=wishlist and $wl_products. That should put you on the right track at least.

When mode=checkout, I don't think I saw this variable initialized in webmaster mode, but you should double check for yourself. Our task is to get this variable initialized and populated with the data when mode=checkout. Now at least we have a goal, and it has a name.

Let me know how far this gets you, and we will work further on it if necessary. BTW sounds like a cool mod you are doing, and a very creative way to use existing functionality! kudos.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru

Old 09-28-2011, 06:06 AM

i found the $wl_products array from the wishlist view. I tried initializing this variable in checkout but i was unable to find the code that does it. Im getting stuck in the cart.php logistics ...
Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 AM

X-Guru

Hopefully I can shed some light. I have had projects where I have completely rewired cart.php, but it has changed since then.

see this?
Code:
include $xcart_dir . '/modules/Wishlist/wishlist.php';
Skimming through cart.php, it looks like things are "settling down" around line 591. This might be a good area to look at poking your code in.
Start experimenting! what happens if you simply include the wishlist.php down there?

If that fails crack open wishlist.php and see how it generates the variable array. Try simply copy pasting this code in and assigning the variable. PHP is not rocket science, but it is hard to get started with it if you are new. The best way to learn I have found, is to experiment.

Another file to look in: include/func/func.cart.php

I got lots of hits for "wishlist" from that file. I won't code this for you for free, but I will certainly help you to do it! The more you analyze what is happening in the logic, the better overall understanding you will have. Don't discount sections of the code because they don't apply to what you are doing, try to read and understand them as best you can. Sooner or later you will start connecting the dots and having "aha" moments.

XcartGuru

Old 09-30-2011, 02:05 AM

After 3 days of hard work i've got it !!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:08 AM

X-Guru

Congrats! That's always a great feeling.

XcartGuru

Old 09-30-2011, 06:36 AM

1 question can i concatenate the 2 buttons ? the sent button from the wishlist and the checkout button ?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design