Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 05-12-2011, 10:23 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart v4.4.3 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
An answer to my previous post #38 above:

A warning to everyone doing an upgrade to 4.4.3 - the upgrade script (at least 4.4.2-4.4.3 one) will set permissions on all php files modified by the script to 600 (read/write owner of the file only) which on some systems may result in non-working stores. Make sure to check and setup permissions to all php files to 644 after the upgrade

QT is there a reason for this?

I have forwarded this issue to our maintenance team, they will check if there are any issues with the upgrade pack.
Chief support group engineer

===

Check this out. Totally revamped X-Cart hosting
http://www.x-cart.com/hosting.html

Follow us:
https://twitter.com/x_cart / https://www.facebook.com/xcart / https://www.instagram.com/xcart
Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Ok next - let's start with the bugs - 4.4.3

http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=312270&postcount=195

Reported on March 10 and here we are 2 months later this is not fixed. I am still to check with fake order if the userid=0 is fixed or not but looking at the code seems it's not fixed. Then the second part about the Advanced Statistics / Recommended Products is carried to 4.4.3 again. Am I reading this wrong or QT just ignores some reports?

This is how the upgrade "fixes" these bugs

Code:
- 'userid' => $userinfo['id'] ? $userinfo['id'] : 0, - 'membershipid' => $userinfo['membershipid'], - 'membership' => addslashes($userinfo['membership']), + 'userid' => !empty($userinfo['id']) ? $userinfo['id'] : 0, + 'membershipid' => @$userinfo['membershipid'], + 'membership' => addslashes(@$userinfo['membership']),

Again I think the 0 userid will still happen.

Code:
- if (!empty($active_modules['Recommended_Products'])) { + if ( + !empty($active_modules['Recommended_Products']) + && !empty($userinfo["id"]) + ) {

Again - why "Recommended Products"? Are they pulled off of the stats table?

So QT - does this fixes the bugs or not? Do I need to again report in the bugtracker? Or these are not bugs?

Answering to your above questions:

1) The 0 userid is added to the "xcart_orders" table:

Code:
// Insert into orders $insert_data = array ( 'userid' => !empty($userinfo['id']) ? $userinfo['id'] : 0,

It's OK, as the 0 userid means "anonymous" customer.

However, there was a bug - the 0 userid was added to the "xcart_stats_customers_products" table. That bug has been fixed in 4.4.3 as follows:

Code:
- if (!empty($active_modules['Recommended_Products'])) { + if ( + !empty($active_modules['Recommended_Products']) + && !empty($userinfo["id"]) + ) {

2) The "xcart_stats_customers_products" table is used by the 'Recommended_Products' module to get statistics about products purchased by customers in the past. The stats is used when the module's option 'Select recommended products randomly' is turned OFF.
Chief support group engineer

===

Check this out. Totally revamped X-Cart hosting
http://www.x-cart.com/hosting.html

Follow us:
https://twitter.com/x_cart / https://www.facebook.com/xcart / https://www.instagram.com/xcart
Old 05-13-2011, 02:56 AM

Veteran

I was not aware the Recommended products is using the stats table to pull off products. Thanks for this explanation
Old 05-13-2011, 07:41 AM

During our tests it seems v4.4.3 is not calculating payment surcharge.
We tried in 'fastlane' and in the OPC.
Does anybody has the same problem?
Bug or are we missing a setting?
In the payment methods we set the extra charge.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 AM

Veteran

Please report to bugtracker if you think it is a bug

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
tonycch (05-13-2011)
Old 05-13-2011, 08:07 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyfin
The module initialization routine has been changed and optimized in 4.4.3. Here are the patch which describes the main changes: DIFF_55111.patch.txt

Basically, to initialize your module in X-Cart 4.4.3, you should modify your module's configuration file, for example:

modules/Your_Addon_Module/config.php

and add the following code:

before this line:

Thanks for this information but the problem is that X-cart in 4.4.2 and prior used to load all the config.php and func.php files first in each module directory, then they loaded the init.php files in each module directory. So once you get to init.php all of the other modules config settings and functions are loaded and ready to use. Now this is not the case which is breaking a lot of mods out there.

I hope that explains what we're seeing.

Thank you,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:26 AM

Default How does patching work?

I've just moved from LiteCommerce ASPE to X-cart, so I don't know a lot yet.

It sounds like from the posts, that the updated files are 'patches' that do not overwrite the old files (with custom code or added text in them), but instead take that old file and merge it with the new one; adding any new changes in the update to the existing modified files?

Might anyone be able to clarify how this works?

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:57 PM

Veteran

files are not overwritten, instead the patch files (diff) have '-' in front of lines to be removed and '+' in front of lines to be added. If original files were modified in any way prior to upgrade you may need to patch them manually
Old 05-13-2011, 01:16 PM

Thanks Steve for your help - I'm a little confused.
Quote:
files are not overwritten, instead the patch files (diff) have '-' in front of lines to be removed and '+' in front of lines to be added. If original files were modified in any way prior to upgrade you may need to patch them manually
If all the upgrade does is add/remove some lines from the existing files, then I'm not sure why I would have to do anything to my custom existing files.

The only thing I can think of that you mean is if I had modified the specific lines of code that were being altered in the upgrade maybe? But if I merely added some additional text to a page or added a table or something that would still be fine after the upgrade?

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2011, 04:53 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
I'm not sure why I would have to do anything to my custom existing files

When you run the upgrade, it attempts to patch all the files based upon the diff files. If you have custom edits to a file that needs to be patched, it probably will be unable to patch it, and will report that file as "could not patch". Those files need to be patched manually. You have to review the changes that need to be applied vs. the custom changes in the file. They could be changes you made, or 3rd party mods that you applied. See point #4 of this post - it covers it well.

---

The following user thanks gb2world for this useful post:
kevfromwiganinlancashire (06-05-2011)
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements