Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

LC3 alpha 2 ("X-Cart 5 Lite") is released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-06-2010, 11:40 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: LC3 alpha 2 ("X-Cart 5 Lite") is released

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonwebhosting
Any comment on the PHP Versions as listed on the litecommerce website compared the Server Requirements listed in the wiki?

LC3 requires PHP 5.3, we will update the Wiki article.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:43 PM

Got this error after installing LC script and visiting the site.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/www/xxxxx.com/profiles/litecommerce/litecommerce.profile on line 302

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/www/xxxxx.com/profiles/litecommerce/litecommerce.profile on line 302

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/www/xxxxx.com/profiles/litecommerce/litecommerce.profile on line 302

The following user thanks sambamu for this useful post:
xplorer (12-07-2010)
Old 12-06-2010, 10:59 PM

X-Man

Personally I know this is an Alpha. But it's not normal I would like to install the script and I cannot run it. How can I contribute with opinions if I cannot see your work running in my computer? You are professionals, if your work is not complete, please do not give us things to play. I missed 3 hours in this weekend just to run one time LC3. Am I feeling frustration? Of course I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ene
There is one explanation: it is alpha.

By the way it's really funny to see the reaction:

- if Qualiteam releases an alpha version (a developer preview actually) to show the community what we're working on, you say that it has bugs. Of course it has bugs, it is alpha!

- if Qualiteam doesn't release an alpha version and works internally to catch all bugs, you will say that you don't see any progress and QT does nothing.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 12-07-2010, 03:27 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2003
Personally I know this is an Alpha. But it's not normal I would like to install the script and I cannot run it. How can I contribute with opinions if I cannot see your work running in my computer? You are professionals, if your work is not complete, please do not give us things to play. I missed 3 hours in this weekend just to run one time LC3. Am I feeling frustration? Of course I do!

"Alpha" means that it is not tested throughly and is incomplete. It is normal that there are bugs in it and that there may be a bug in the installation script that blocks installation of LC3 on your local PC. And you could help us to get rid of the bug by reporting and discussing it as was suggested (this is the only way to understand what is wrong with your PC or with LC3). But instead you are complaining in the forums that there are bugs in the alpha version. Of course, there are bugs! You know that but still prefer to speculate on this matter instead of doing something that would improve LC3.

As I said, we would be glad if you help us and let us know how LC3 alpha 2 behaves in your environment and what problems you face. But we do not force you to do this, especially when it makes you frustrated. If that is the case just ignore the announcement and wait until we release the first production version of LC3.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:28 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambamu
Got this error after installing LC script and visiting the site.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/www/xxxxx.com/profiles/litecommerce/litecommerce.profile on line 302

It appears as you are trying to run LC3 on a PHP version less than 5.3, a version, that doesn't support namespaces. LC3 requires PHP 5.3 or higher.

We will improve the installation script so that there are no PHP5.3 instructions prior to the PHP version check. Thank you for pointing this out!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:46 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
"Alpha" means that it is not tested throughly and is incomplete. It is normal that there are bugs in it and that there may be a bug in the installation script that blocks installation of LC3 on your local PC. And you could help us to get rid of the bug by reporting and discussing it as was suggested (this is the only way to understand what is wrong with your PC or with LC3). But instead you are complaining in the forums that there are bugs in the alpha version. Of course, there are bugs! You know that but still prefer to speculate on this matter instead of doing something that would improve LC3.

As I said, we would be glad if you help us and let us know how LC3 alpha 2 behaves in your environment and what problems you face. But we do not force you to do this, especially when it makes you frustrated. If that is the case just ignore the announcement and wait until we release the first production version of LC3.

Maybe something is being lost in translation here. From my point of view as a user, it seems we are blamed for slow progress because we don't do enough testing to find/fix bugs, and we are the ones wasting time on the forums complaining when we could be improving LC3.

From my perspective it is not my job (or anyone elses on the forum) to find/test/report/fix bugs. it is your job. It is also not our job to help other users, post fixes and workarounds, or moderate the forums or enforce QTs rules here.

If we did not do this I would expect that QT would have to do a lot more on the forums, would have to answer a lot more support tickets on the same questions all the time, and one of the biggest advantages XC has would disappear. Whilst I can only speak for myself, I would expect many users here to be here in their own time, we don't have to justify our time to anyone, including QT. I am free to waste my time as I wish, joining in here or watching TV.

This attitude of you doing us a favor by developing the software is backwards. We're doing you a favour by being here and creating this community that is one of XCs best features.

Instead of moaning at people who try to help you do your job, maybe just thank them nicely, politely explain that your documentation isn't quite right about php versions and move on.

Previous Versions included
BCSE Reward Points Mod
Altered Cart On Sale Mod
Wordpress Plugin

Please don't PM me for support. I help where I can on the forum and your question will more likely be answered there.

Shout me a Coffee!

The following 2 users thank amy2203 for this useful post:
am2003 (12-12-2010), cflsystems (12-07-2010)
Old 12-07-2010, 04:16 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy2203
From my perspective it is not my job (or anyone elses on the forum) to find/test/report/fix bugs. it is your job. It is also not our job to help other users, post fixes and workarounds, or moderate the forums or enforce QTs rules here.

It is your time and you can spend it as you wish. We don't force you to spend it on the things you have listed. However, if you decide to spend a couple of minutes on testing a version that is supposed to be full of bugs, complaining on bugs in it doesn't make sense. As I said, if you really want to help us improve LC3/XC5, please report bugs as was suggested. Posting messages like "Hey! I found a bug in your alpha version. Shame on you!" helps neither us, nor anyone else.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:41 AM

X-Cart team

All this being said, I'ld like to thank all testers who contributed their personal time to testing LC.

The dev team just takes everything about LC very personally, because they are in love with the product. Well, that will help us deliver a good product. We are now getting close to actually releasing the platform.

But it definitely needs a lot of improvements and testing before we do. That's why we recommend all users using X-Cart v4.4. It's not as fancy as LiteCommerce, but it's a platform with 10 years of evolution and tons of features.

Twitter: @aznakai

The following 2 users thank rrf for this useful post:
parekh81 (12-15-2010), sambamu (12-07-2010)
Old 12-07-2010, 04:49 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrf
All this being said, I'ld like to thank all testers who contributed their personal time to testing LC.

Appreciate the response

Previous Versions included
BCSE Reward Points Mod
Altered Cart On Sale Mod
Wordpress Plugin

Please don't PM me for support. I help where I can on the forum and your question will more likely be answered there.

Shout me a Coffee!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:37 AM

I have problem, it is hard to find companies that offer PHP 5.3 at a moment any advice on that.

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements