Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

4.1.12 and Thickbox 3.1 with jQuery 1.3.2

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-02-2009, 08:30 PM

eXpert

Default 4.1.12 and Thickbox 3.1 with jQuery 1.3.2 [SOLVED]

Ok. This simply cannot be this difficult. I think perhaps I've been working too long, but ...

I'm just trying to implement a basic download of Thickbox 3.1 with a close to fresh install of 4.1.12.

I've put the <script> includes in customer/home.tpl, as I'd like to be able to access the functionality on every page on the site.

In customer/main/products_t.tpl I've created an extra link ("view detail image") that I would like the user to be able to click and have a larger image show up in the thickbox, so they can view a more detailed photo without heading into the full product details pages. Very similar to 7dana's mod, except that that's just one use I have for the thickbox so I'm trying to figure out how to implement it myself.

Anyway, with the include scripts in place (and referencing correctly), nothing works in the link. Even if I create just a basic hardcoded image link and don't do anything fancy nothing comes up. It feels like thickbox isn't even being called, but a view of page source pulls it all up so it's definitely there.

I'm pretty much at a loss, as I've been looking at this way too long. Anybody have any suggestions that might get me going? There's a lot of thickbox threads, but really none that talk about getting it going from scratch - although I probably just missed it...

This is a clean install, with no mods yet running; all I've done is some graphics work and rearranged the order of things on the page, so I don't believe I have any conflicts there.

Thanks in advance!
AlteredCart: On-Sale, One Page Checkout, Checkout One Payments (although that's not working yet)
BCSE: Back in stock Notify, Checkbox Radio Mod, Upselling Links
SMACK: CDSEO Pro, Product Map
X-Cart: Gold+, Mobile
(still trying to get working: Gahela Support Suite)

Last edited by christindall : 10-03-2009 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Solved
Old 10-02-2009, 10:50 PM

eXpert

Default Re: 4.1.12 and Thickbox 3.1 with jQuery 1.3.2

So, in working on other things (layout / UI) all of a sudden things started to work - in Chrome, but not in Firefox. So, something is definitely still screwy, but not sure what.

It does, however, lead into a second question - any idea how I can grab the actual full size product photo instead of the thumbnail? They'll already see the thumbnail, and I'd like the image that pops up to be the regular photo....
AlteredCart: On-Sale, One Page Checkout, Checkout One Payments (although that's not working yet)
Old 10-03-2009, 12:09 AM

eXpert

Default Re: 4.1.12 and Thickbox 3.1 with jQuery 1.3.2

Sweet. I got it going. For those of you looking for the same answer, I'll post the solution ... soon. For now, crash time.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design