Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-12-2014, 09:21 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla
Refine Filters doesn't really seem to work with the New Arrivals. Anyone have an idea where to look / debug? I assume it would add a filter option with "New Arrivals" on the frontend - I have it enabled everywhere on the backend. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Refine Filters module does work with New Arrivals. Appropriate filters displays products marked as new when chosen.

Please describe your situation in more details.

Thank you.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:18 AM

X-Adept

Hello,
Several issue in filter found-
1)If I set minimum price to 200 and maximum to 900 manually without using slider and click enter.Minimum price always reset to 0.Why this is happening?
2)Also If we make any products out of stock.Then why that manufactures name is showing.Although product is out of stock but why it is showing on filter?

3)If we try to filter the products based on brands, we can select only one. The next filter can be applied only after the products based on the first filter are displayed. We cannot, for example, select three brands at a time and get the product display for these three brands simultaneously.

4)When I click any category on choose a category section it is displaying linked product of that category.But when I click back button then that Filter selection staying in the browser and same product is displaying after back button.

How to resolve this issue?
Thanks,
xtech
Old 10-14-2014, 06:18 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
Hello,
Several issue in filter found-
1)If I set minimum price to 200 and maximum to 900 manually without using slider and click enter.Minimum price always reset to 0.Why this is happening?

This is a bug in jquery slider. We plan to fix it in an upcoming release. No exact ETA though.

Quote:
2)Also If we make any products out of stock.Then why that manufactures name is showing.Although product is out of stock but why it is showing on filter?

This is how it's supposed to work. If you need to change the behaviour, a small modification is needed. Please contact our sales.

Quote:
3)If we try to filter the products based on brands, we can select only one. The next filter can be applied only after the products based on the first filter are displayed. We cannot, for example, select three brands at a time and get the product display for these three brands simultaneously.

We didn't manage to reproduce that. We were able to select more than one manufacturer and it showed products of selected manufactures. Please post a support ticket to HelpDesk.

Quote:
4)When I click any category on choose a category section it is displaying linked product of that category.But when I click back button then that Filter selection staying in the browser and same product is displaying after back button.

Please disable "Save filter selection for category in user session" in the module settings. If you dont have this option, you need to update your module.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:30 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
This is a bug in jquery slider. We plan to fix it in an upcoming release. No exact ETA though.

But it should be resolved as fast as possible because it is a bug.

Quote:
This is how it's supposed to work. If you need to change the behaviour, a small modification is needed. Please contact our sales.

Why filter will work on out of stock product? It should appears in the manufacturer name? Why need to pay for this customizations it should be present on default module.

Quote:
We didn't manage to reproduce that. We were able to select more than one manufacturer and it showed products of selected manufactures. Please post a support ticket to HelpDesk.

If Instant products list update options enable then it is not working.

Quote:
Please disable "Save filter selection for category in user session" in the module settings. If you dont have this option, you need to update your module.

I have posted this to support but he told that-I.e. to "reset" the filter, some other category should be visited, this is the default module's behavior.

But if we click on home page and again clicked that category still that filter presents.Even if disable "Save filter selection for category in user session"

Thanks,
xtech
Old 10-20-2014, 05:10 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
But it should be resolved as fast as possible because it is a bug.

Sure.

Quote:
Why filter will work on out of stock product? It should appears in the manufacturer name? Why need to pay for this customizations it should be present on default module.

This is how it works by design. Many clients use the module. What works for one client may not work for another. That's why i offered you to customize this very place.

Quote:
If Instant products list update options enable then it is not working.

I have posted this to support but he told that-I.e. to "reset" the filter, some other category should be visited, this is the default module's behavior.

But if we click on home page and again clicked that category still that filter presents.Even if disable "Save filter selection for category in user session"

Since this question requires investigation of your very store, a support request is the best way to handle it. I am sure our techs will address all your questions.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:02 AM

Advanced Member

I agree with xtech - filtering out of stock products should be made configurable in Refine Filters admin end.

I also agree there is something not quite ok with filters selection - if "Remember filter selection for categories in user session" is ticked and I select a manufacturer and go to another category (or home page) and go back to the same category again, selected manufacturer stays selected but all other manufacturers are disabled. I cannot deselect it by clicking on the checkbox. To be precise - I can deselect it, the checkbox is empty, all products show but only previously selected manufacturer is active.
This does not happen when I deselect by clicking on remove link - then it refreshes properly. It does not happen when I stay on one page and play with filters - it only occurs if I go to some other page.

Well, in my case I just diabled "Remember filter selection for categories in user session".
Old 10-20-2014, 06:29 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_young_greg
I agree with xtech - filtering out of stock products should be made configurable in Refine Filters admin end.

I also agree there is something not quite ok with filters selection - if "Remember filter selection for categories in user session" is ticked and I select a manufacturer and go to another category (or home page) and go back to the same category again, selected manufacturer stays selected but all other manufacturers are disabled. I cannot deselect it by clicking on the checkbox. To be precise - I can deselect it, the checkbox is empty, all products show but only previously selected manufacturer is active.
This does not happen when I deselect by clicking on remove link - then it refreshes properly. It does not happen when I stay on one page and play with filters - it only occurs if I go to some other page.

Well, in my case I just diabled "Remember filter selection for categories in user session".

We will look what can be done here. Wait for changes in the upcoming release.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:09 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
This is how it works by design. Many clients use the module. What works for one client may not work for another. That's why i offered you to customize this very place.

But why need customizations?It is the problem of Filter module so it should be solved by your team.

Quote:
Since this question requires investigation of your very store, a support request is the best way to handle it. I am sure our techs will address all your questions.

I have posted all my questions to support but not getting any satisfactory answer(though subscribed to paid support). Can you please solve all of this issue one by one?

Thanks,
xtech
Old 10-21-2014, 04:23 AM

Advanced Member

There is also another annoying bug (or so it seems).
If one pulls data from Feature Comparison module, everything works ok provided it is a selector. If it is a text field, the module creates a filter field with no name (source and service name are created ok.)
Now this can be confusing since it is impossible to remove it, disable or do anything with it. First one must give it some bogus name (or real name), save it, then disable it.

I again agree with xtech about working with out of stock products.
I can understand the logic behind it (that some people want out of stock products filtered, the same way they might want to list out of stock products) but it does not comply with general x-cart design.
If shop has a built-in option not to show out-of-stock products, the filter should adhere to it and provide the option as well.

You should post a free patch for it. This is not a custom feature.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:33 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
I have posted all my questions to support but not getting any satisfactory answer(though subscribed to paid support). Can you please solve all of this issue one by one?

Well, we do not provide site-specific support here at forum. So please demand our technical support to answer your questions appropriately.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements