Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

I dont want to ruin all the work i did...please help me.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 AM

Advanced Member

Default I dont want to ruin all the work i did...please help me.

I tried to change the "powered by" text at the bottom & I get this message ~~~~|txt_formid_is_wrong| |bGVuZ3RoPg==|~~~~
i edited the code from here /common_files/main/prnotice.tpl

I wanted to kno if I try to restore the file will it change my whole site? or will it just change that part? I spent too many hours trying to add products & stuff & dont want to start all over. Oh & I tried to ftp & put it back but their site is under construction or something it wouldnt let me in... now I cant add products cuz of this... please help me get it back to the way it was.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 AM

Veteran

Default Re: I dont want to ruin all the work i did...please help me.

Just upload a fresh copy of it from the original archive. And always make a backup of templates before you edit them.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 AM

I thought I should share my experience with minor customization to X-Cart.
Sure the webmaster tool is good, and you can hit the Restore button to undo/fix things.

Long story short, one should make a back up almost everything before attempting to mod something.

For example, I modded the product_details.tpl, which is located in Skin/2Columns, but many times I forgot that URL, and copied my modified version onto CommonFiles, meaning I would lose my backup.

In addition, I have a word document in which I record every mod that I ever done to the tpls, php, ini and anything else. The goal is in a case where I have to reproduce all the work I did, I know that I can without having to stress about, what I did.

Furthermore, I have a WAMP server which I use for development and then my Semi-Live Web Server which will turn into a proper store in a few months.

I am almost at the point where I will be testing my Word Document and see if I can reproduce what I did. Everything should be well documented.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:37 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks! But what I wanted to know was "I wanted to kno if I try to restore the file will it change my whole site? or will it just change that part?" When it said I'll lose everything I did I was wondering will I lose everything (products, etc.)?
Thanks again!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 AM

Veteran

An individual template just controls that portion of the site - it won't affect all of your products, etc, just that one template.

The following user thanks balinor for this useful post:
Friendly Fire Tees (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 01:38 PM

Advanced Member

Well I tried to fix it but the ftp site says its under maintanance.... so I was wondering if anyone has the original code or the code that removes everything at the footer. I messed up the code so I need everything that comes underneath here:

$Id: prnotice.tpl,v 1.1 2010/05/21 08:32:18 joy Exp $
vim: set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et:
*}
{*** NOTE: If you are reselling X-Cart stores, please contact us (http://www.x-cart.com) before changing the Powered-by note here. ***}
Old 02-02-2011, 01:48 PM

X-Man

Thankfully you're with Hands-on and we have automated backups of your files for you.

Go into your cPanel, click the r1soft restore option, choose the file/folder you want to restore and click the restore button. It'll pull the backup from the archives for you and you'll be back on track. Just make sure you pick a date and time prior to when you made the change.
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
Old 02-02-2011, 02:03 PM

Advanced Member

damn I didnt make the switch yet ..smh.. I was in the middle of adding products & learning the cart the past few days I was scared for my site to go down... & I just paid them $50 last week & wanted to use up some of the month to learn a little since I paid for it... but best believe Im placing my order like next week b4 they try & charge me another $50. The 1 guy told me right here on the forums that he was giving me 2 weeks of support for my trouble & when I asked them to help me fix the prnotice problem they said its under consideration... man this is sum B.S.
Now I wanna just give someone a list of mods I need & pay them to set me up all the way. I did a lot of stuff myself the past few days & havent been to sleep since I bought the cart last week.... this is rough but I NEED my site to work properly!... now about that prnotice.tpl code... can anyone give it to me? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:58 PM

X-Man

try this for the prnotice file;

Code:
{* $Id: prnotice.tpl,v 1.1 2010/05/21 08:32:18 joy Exp $ vim: set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et: *} {*** NOTE: If you are reselling X-Cart stores, please contact us (http://www.x-cart.com) before changing the Powered-by note here. ***} {if $main eq "catalog" and $current_category.category eq ""} Powered by X-Cart <a href="http://www.x-cart.com">{$sm_prnotice_txt}</a> {else} Powered by X-Cart {$sm_prnotice_txt} {/if}
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
Old 02-03-2011, 07:23 PM

X-Wizard

In previous versions - there used to be a backup of all the original templates in a folder called skin_original. I don't see anything like that in 4.4.2. There is an empty directory called skin_backup. I am not sure what QT intends here. If this backup directory is important to you - you might consider opening an issue in the Issues Tracker about this.

---
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design