Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Recommend at checkout if not in cart?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-23-2003, 02:40 PM

Default Recommend at checkout if not in cart?

I'm not sure this is the right forum.

Is there a way to select up to 5 products that if they aren't in the shopping cart at check-out, are offered to the customer?

You know..."Would you like fries with that hamburger? Would you like to Biggie size that?"

I have a few products for my website that I have successfully sold based on my current store using this customization. Its like a featured product list where I can select the products that are offered at checkout *if* one of the products is not in the shopping cart. (If one of the products is in the shopping cart, this product list is not offered).

Anyone have something like this already? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-23-2003, 02:46 PM

X-Adept

I began doing this on one of my carts by listing random products at checkout... and that worked fine (although that code is long gone now), but I started working on another one that looked at the related products of the products inside the cart, but I never finished. If I ever finish it, I'll let you know!
Old 11-23-2003, 02:48 PM

Can current settings set "recommended products" not randomly but by selection?

if so, how?
Old 11-28-2003, 03:06 AM

I would also like to be able to specify the recommended products. I do not like the automatic selection of these items. Many times in a smaller store, one of the recommended products is the same as the product you are viewing.

If anyone knows a way this could be done, I would love to modify my cart.

Thank you,
Bob
Old 11-28-2003, 10:14 AM

X-Man

Don't forget you text labels can contain html, you can just create a language field put {txt_whatever} on your cart screen and use the generate HTML to create products html to list wherever you have the variable.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 12-04-2003, 08:52 PM

X-Wizard

Please let me know if somebody has a complete hack to this, it helps push sells a bit more, and as amazon.com does, its great.
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
Old 01-20-2005, 06:16 PM

Advanced Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am really needing this for 4.X

If anyone has doen it your help would be appreciated.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:26 PM

X-Adept

Well, Your search is over!

This is a double edged sword, but here goes.

I found this very mod at CartMods. Baught it and it didn't work right. Alex stated he would be happy to fix it for me, but I am currently letting others do some other custom work for me and do not want to two fighting back and forth with file swaps at the same time and have opted to contract him later to get it fixed in vs 4.0.9 soon to be 4.0.10.

I do feel he will make sure it works, but I wanted to let you know up front there may be issues with the mod and current versions so it may need tweaking prior to running right.

This mod places items in the checkout pages to allow impulse purchases if you will. Customer never leaves checkout and live update of totals, taxes and shipping takes place when item is added to cart right in checkout process. Or so it is described to do this.

Anyway, here is the link, check it out and let me know how it goes for you. I hope to soon be able to get mine working with his help as soon as other issues have been completed.

http://www.cartmods.com/product.php?productid=60&cat=1&page=1
Old 01-21-2005, 08:23 AM

X-Guru

I will soon be creating a mod that does this.

It will take the products in the cart, and grab all the products that have ever been purchased with those products, and grab all the products you've configured in the upselling links section of the add/modify product page.

It will then take a random number (which you specify) of those products and display them with a show me more link to take a different random set. You can view the mod at www.mixtapemp3.com.

The mod will be available when the store opens at http://www.websitecm.com/
Old 01-21-2005, 08:42 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I will soon be creating a mod that does this.

It will take the products in the cart, and grab all the products that have ever been purchased with those products, and grab all the products you've configured in the upselling links section of the add/modify product page.

It will then take a random number (which you specify) of those products and display them with a show me more link to take a different random set. You can view the mod at www.mixtapemp3.com.

The mod will be available when the store opens at http://www.websitecm.com/

You know, I was told by carrie that you had been or was going to do this, I sent an email after purchasing the easy checkout due to my wanting this, but did not hear back so I assumed this was a no go. I purchased the CartMod one and, well, you can see above it has to be looked at.

Hmm,
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design