Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Marketplace officially launched

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-14-2009, 04:26 PM

Default Re: X-Cart Marketplace officially launched

Really great idea to have a marketplace, but shouldn't the primary navigation be by type of functionality not by manufacturer?

I go to a marketplace primarily to find a tool to meet a current need (eg 'I need a Quickbooks Module', 'I need an iPhone Skin') not to browse through manufacturers.

There are times when I might remember that a certain manufacturer made a product, and I can't remember the product name - then I might add a filter by manufacturer - but its rarely my first approach as a purchaser of add ons. My primary task is to quickly find all offerings of a certain type, then to pick between them.

The following user thanks benz for this useful post:
ambal (09-15-2009)
Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz
Really great idea to have a marketplace, but shouldn't the primary navigation be by type of functionality not by manufacturer?

I go to a marketplace primarily to find a tool to meet a current need (eg 'I need a Quickbooks Module', 'I need an iPhone Skin') not to browse through manufacturers.

There are times when I might remember that a certain manufacturer made a product, and I can't remember the product name - then I might add a filter by manufacturer - but its rarely my first approach as a purchaser of add ons. My primary task is to quickly find all offerings of a certain type, then to pick between them.

Thank you, Benz. That's really a good idea and we've thought about something like that but haven't implemented such a categories structure due to technical reasons. Anyway, implementing categories navigation by type of functionality for X-Cart add-ons is going to be added to X-Cart Marketplace later.
X-Payments product manager
Old 01-14-2010, 03:26 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
Thank you, Benz. That's really a good idea and we've thought about something like that but haven't implemented such a categories structure due to technical reasons. Anyway, implementing categories navigation by type of functionality for X-Cart add-ons is going to be added to X-Cart Marketplace later.

That's done! I am sorry that re-doing categories took so long. We've been busy with something and had to share our time on many various things.

Also, we added "Kudos from X-Cart users" award. Now if a product listed in X-Cart Marketplace achieves particular rating level the system will display "Kudos" award on its page.

See example at http://marketplace.x-cart.com/Payment-processing/Merchant-accounts/CDGCommerce
Old 01-21-2010, 10:19 AM

X-Guru

How do we establish the 'performance based' aspect of being listed in the Market Place? Do you have information we put into an affiliate account on our end... or?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
How do we establish the 'performance based' aspect of being listed in the Market Place? Do you have information we put into an affiliate account on our end... or?

Jon, I PMed to you. Let's discuss exact details that way.

Nevertheless I am addressing Jon's question here as well.
Generally speaking, what we ask you to do is to setup us as an affiliate in your affiliate program. If we refer good amount of sales to you, we will get good commissions, all parties win (including customers). If we do not refer good amount of sales, you won't have to pay us too much.

That's how it works in "a couple of words".
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements