Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

LiteCommerce 2.2 beta 1 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-08-2006, 02:08 PM

X-Man

You can edit the template to add alt tags to images.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:29 AM

eXpert

Kulture,
if you edit the template to add an alt tag you would have the same alt tag for every image because the pages are built dynamically with php pulling the data from MySQL, they are not static html pages. Like in the template product_details.tpl the image tag is:

[img]{product.imageURL}[/img]

If you added the alt tag: "Computer" to this line then every product would have the alt tag "Computer"... it wont work right.

I am suggesting that a table be added to MySQL, a varcharacter type table that is associated with the product ID number that would be polled and added to the results page the same way other info is grabbed. Then in the admin panel by the add image feature it would have a text box to enter the alt tag text. The table would be small and I dont believe it would be a resource problem for such a small addition that has such a great benefit. Alot of php programs use this.

Regarding the template fixes in beta 2.2:
Can you be more specific as to what has been fixed? In LC v2.1 there are no keywords associated with the main.tpl file which is the start page. There is a tag:

<META if="keywords" name="keywords" content="{keywords:r}"/>

But it doesnt produce any keyword results, and I cant find in the admin panel anywhere a place to enter keywords for the start page.

Also there is no way through the admin panel to change the meta description tag for the store- This has to be done through manually editing the template. So everyone who doesnt know how to edit the template in the search engines their stores description says:

"The powerful shopping cart software for web stores and e-commerce enabled stores is based on PHP / PHP4 with SQL database with highly configurable implementation based on templates."

Thanks for the input kulture but it wasnt a question of - can the template be edited. It was a suggestion for an adim panel feature.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:44 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Regarding the template fixes in beta 2.2:
Can you be more specific as to what has been fixed? In LC v2.1 there are no keywords associated with the main.tpl file which is the start page. There is a tag:

<META if="keywords" name="keywords" content="{keywords:r}"/>

But it doesnt produce any keyword results, and I cant find in the admin panel anywhere a place to enter keywords for the start page.

Every products and categories now has two additional fields: Meta keywords and Meta description. Also every products and categories now has Page title field.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:13 AM

Advanced Member

Default V2.2 php compatibility

Hello,

One of the features metioned in the release notes for v2.2 beta is,

" - Compatibility with less used versions and configurations of PHP server software."

My question is, will ver2.2 be compatible w/ php5?

Thank you,

adam

http://www.hookahkings.com
Old 02-14-2006, 09:30 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: V2.2 php compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock5150
Hello,

One of the features metioned in the release notes for v2.2 beta is,

" - Compatibility with less used versions and configurations of PHP server software."

My question is, will ver2.2 be compatible w/ php5?

Thank you,

adam

Yes, we are already working on it.
LiteCommerce 2.2. final release will have support for PHP5.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:17 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Kulture,
if you edit the template to add an alt tag you would have the same alt tag for every image because the pages are built dynamically with php pulling the data from MySQL, they are not static html pages. Like in the template product_details.tpl the image tag is:

[img]{product.imageURL}[/img]

If you added the alt tag: "Computer" to this line then every product would have the alt tag "Computer"... it wont work right.
You can embed data in the tag, so for instance you can edit the template to repeat the product description in the alt tag. Or the category and first 300 characters of the product description.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:06 AM

Advanced Member

Default php5 compatibility ver2.2

adam,

I don't suppose you have any idea when the final ver2.2 will be released? I am in limbo between a hosting company that doesn't support php4 and this new release w/ 5 sites!!

adam

Old 02-15-2006, 12:43 PM

X-Man

I do not know of anyone testing it. Compare this thread to the ones on the xcart betas, and the xcart release candidate 1. Now look how long that has taken, and look how many people seem to have been contributing to this and testing it. I would guess that litecommerce 2.2 will take at least as long before it is released, and much longer before its stable. It would be quicker, and indeed better, to switch hosts to one who does what you want rather than one who dictates so much.

Further since Litecommerce does not currently run on PHP 5 it is a fair bet that no one here is testing the beta on that version of PHP. We all use 2.1 and thus are on PHP 4.x Therefore you could be the first! not an enviable position.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:51 PM

Advanced Member

Default test time

I am installing the 2.2 beta version now and I'll see if it works w/ php5.

adam

Old 02-16-2006, 03:39 AM

X-Adept

Please let us know how you get on.

Simon.