Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 beta 2 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-23-2005, 06:24 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETInteractive.com
Interesting article on php search engines.

http://www.symfony-project.com/askeet/21

Really a good article. but, i think we deviate from the thread title.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:31 PM

Not sure if this was already mention but for the billing and shipping information if a customer wants to ship to someone else where are they to enter that person's name?
Old 12-24-2005, 12:19 AM

X-Adept

On my localhost I am getting following error while search the product in xcart 4.1 beta 2 .

Code:
INVALID SQL: 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR () OR () OR ()) AND xcart_products_categories.productid=xc SQL QUERY FAILURE:SELECT COUNT(xcart_products.productid) FROM xcart_products, xcart_pricing , xcart_quick_prices, xcart_products_categories, xcart_categories LEFT JOIN xcart_products_lng ON xcart_products_lng.productid = xcart_products.productid AND xcart_products_lng.code = 'US' LEFT JOIN xcart_category_memberships ON xcart_category_memberships.categoryid = xcart_categories.categoryid LEFT JOIN xcart_product_memberships ON xcart_product_memberships.productid = xcart_products.productid LEFT JOIN xcart_variants ON xcart_variants.productid = xcart_products.productid AND xcart_quick_prices.variantid = xcart_variants.variantid WHERE xcart_quick_prices.productid = xcart_products.productid AND xcart_quick_prices.membershipid = 0 AND xcart_quick_prices.priceid = xcart_pricing.priceid AND (() OR () OR () OR ()) AND xcart_products_categories.productid=xcart_products.productid AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid = xcart_categories.categoryid AND xcart_products.forsale='Y' GROUP BY xcart_products.productid Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in d:\appserv\www\xcart4.1beta\include\func\func.db.php on line 121

Following is my mysql server info

MySQL server 4.0.24-nt
MySQL client 3.23.49

Is there any one else facing the same problem ?
---------------
Server: Linux
php: 5.3
mysql: 5.0.89
----------------
Old 12-24-2005, 01:41 AM

X-Adept

To further streamline the "FastLane Checkout" module, I would definitely love to see the "Shipping & Payment" page consolidated together with the "Place Order" page. This improvement reduces another un-necessary page the customer has to load before he/she can click that "Submit Order" button.

"Shipping & Payment" page
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/4162/paymentmethod1lj.jpg

"Place Order" page
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/7235/paymentmethod27ee.jpg
Old 12-24-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Send gifts to different recipients

Adding an option to send to someone different than the customer or to a list of recipients make sense and I would welcome this idea since I don't think there is mod out there to address this issue (under any x-cart flavors)

We had quite a number of customers (for Christmas) requesting our products be send as a gift to 3, 4, or 5 different recipients (yes with different shipping options). No way to do it online. Customers have to call and tie up phone lines for up to 20 minutes at a time spelling every different name and address and precising how they want the gift to be send !!

Anyone seconding?

My version is heavily modified and I am looking to upgrade only once to a "near perfect solution". X-cart 4.1.x seems worth waiting for.

plh
Old 12-24-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Multiple Shipping Adresses

I would like to see multiple shipping address functionality, but as an option configured in the admin as a module. I use Write it Once software to transfer orders to Quickbooks and it can't handle multiple shipping addresses at this time.
Bob
Linux
Old 12-24-2005, 07:41 AM

Advanced Member

QuickBooks 2006 can now handle multiple shipping addresses.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:49 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Send gifts to different recipients

Quote:
Originally Posted by plh
Adding an option to send to someone different than the customer or to a list of recipients make sense and I would welcome this idea since I don't think there is mod out there to address this issue (under any x-cart flavors)

You could always do this with an extra field option on all your products so a customer can easily enter in different shipping addresses. Granted you'll need to re-adjust their shipping costs after the order but it beats taking information over the phone
Old 12-24-2005, 09:58 AM

I agree with you Boomer but it still is half-baked version since as you mentioned you would have to alter the customer CC charges for the additonal shipping and, as you probably know, it's always a pain and more hand work and paperwork (figuring the weight, going to the carrier site, entering all the info by hand, and finally getting the charge, modifying the invoice inside QB and reprinting).

Not to mention the fact that the additional charges could be subject to a denial by the credit card company (the client saying this adjustment was done without his knowledge and agreement). It happened to us before and I would like to stay clear of that route.

I think getting all the info entered by the customer and for him or her getting the actual total cost before paying is the way to go. Just my two cents.

plh
Old 12-24-2005, 02:29 PM

X-Adept

Got the following error within the "Admin Console" under "Products Management" when I tried to "Search for pattern".

Code:
INVALID SQL: 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')) AND xcart_products_categories.productid=xcart_products.produc SQL QUERY FAILURE:SELECT COUNT(xcart_products.productid) FROM xcart_products, xcart_pricing , xcart_quick_prices, xcart_products_categories, xcart_categories LEFT JOIN xcart_products_lng ON xcart_products_lng.productid = xcart_products.productid AND xcart_products_lng.code = 'US' LEFT JOIN xcart_category_memberships ON xcart_category_memberships.categoryid = xcart_categories.categoryid LEFT JOIN xcart_product_memberships ON xcart_product_memberships.productid = xcart_products.productid LEFT JOIN xcart_variants ON xcart_variants.productid = xcart_products.productid AND xcart_quick_prices.variantid = xcart_variants.variantid WHERE xcart_quick_prices.productid = xcart_products.productid AND xcart_quick_prices.membershipid = 0 AND xcart_quick_prices.priceid = xcart_pricing.priceid AND (()) AND xcart_products_categories.productid=xcart_products.productid AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid = xcart_categories.categoryid AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid='4' AND (xcart_products_categories.main='Y' OR xcart_products_categories.main!='Y') AND xcart_products.forsale='Y' GROUP BY xcart_products.productid Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Internet_Apps\LiteWarehouse\shop\include\func\func.db.php on line 121

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8773/xcarterror11bf.jpg