Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-cart / phpBB integration

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-05-2005, 06:23 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mffowler
I use that mod, it's actually Boomer's "cart-lab" mod. It works well so that users who shop and register at your store, can use the same login details in the phpBB forum. There is also a product selector that allows forum usres to include links to your store's products in their forum posts.

The latter is great as our customers tend to mention competitior's in their posts and prior to making it easy for them to use our products and links, they didn't really do so.

I did have to mod the mod so that it only showed active products (showed all "hidden" and "inactive" products as well). But, overall, it's a great integration of users.

Now if only I could automatically assign memberships upon forum registrations or if it was phpBB to X-Cart vs. only XC to phpBB ... then forum users coukld receive discounts and other membership priveledges ... that would be excellent!

Mike

Mind sharing your site with me so I can look at your setup? You can PM me if you don't want to put it in this post. I know some people will abuse.

Thanks!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design