Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 04-03-2014, 06:44 AM

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Apologies if this issue has already been covered:

I'm trying to create a sitemap from CDSEO but the sitemap it creates is using the old X-Cart url's instead of the clean CDSEO urls that all my products have. Is this how it should work or have I not set something right? I'm getting multiple google errors when trying to submit the sitemap because the pages are blocked by robots.txt.

Thanks,
Josie

ver. 4.7.7
ReBoot
CDSEO Pro
Old 04-03-2014, 07:09 AM

eXpert

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_Z13

I'm trying to create a sitemap from CDSEO but the sitemap it creates is using the old X-Cart url's instead of the clean CDSEO urls that all my products have. Is this how it should work or have I not set something right? I'm getting multiple google errors when trying to submit the sitemap because the pages are blocked by robots.txt.

Thanks,
Josie
So long as CDSEO Pro is enabled then it should populate the sitemap with the CDSEO urls. I'm not aware of any other settings to do what you have witnessed.
Dedicated SSL
Stone Edge OM
Old 04-03-2014, 08:02 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_Z13

Thanks,
Josie

You'll want to make sure that all the products and categories have CDSEO values populated.

If some items don't have CDSEO values it will use the default .php urls when generating.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
You'll want to make sure that all the products and categories have CDSEO values populated.

If some items don't have CDSEO values it will use the default .php urls when generating.

I've actually just realized that I don't have the latest updated version. Will try all you suggested and see if the update helps. If not, I'll be back!

Josie

ver. 4.7.7
ReBoot
CDSEO Pro
Old 04-03-2014, 07:24 PM

X-Guru

There's no version that would be an issue on but always good to be on the latest version. If you continue to have issues feel free to submit a support ticket and I'll have a look for you.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:02 PM

Advanced Member

I had CDSEO Pro working on my site. I upgraded to 4.6.3 and reinstalled the older CDSEO Pro. Then I purchased the newest version and installed following using the online method. It is not work and it seems like I cannot generate a site map. I have tried to find the answer and have come up blank. Any help would be appreciated if you can point me in the correct direction.

Thanks

JEC

Xcartmods reBoot Template
WebsiteCM CDSEO Pro SEO
BCS Multipe Upselling Links
Firetank Feed Manager

BCS Product Importer Updater Pro
BCS Drop Shipper Pro
BCS Quote Request Module
BCS Printable Online Catalog
Old 04-20-2014, 10:07 PM

X-Adept

JEC, I just went through the same process from 4.5.5 -> 4.6.3 (CDSEO was 1.9.3 -> 1.9.6) with no difficulties. I would have to assume you might have missed a step. Have you tried deleting the old sitemap to see if it is able to generate a new one?

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
Old 04-21-2014, 04:26 PM

Advanced Member

Vacman I tried that and got the same negative results

WebsiteCM CDSEO Pro SEO
Firetank Feed Manager

BCS Drop Shipper Pro
BCS Quote Request Module
Old 04-22-2014, 10:14 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorneli
I had CDSEO Pro working on my site. I upgraded to 4.6.3 and reinstalled the older CDSEO Pro. Then I purchased the newest version and installed following using the online method. It is not work and it seems like I cannot generate a site map. I have tried to find the answer and have come up blank. Any help would be appreciated if you can point me in the correct direction.

Thanks

JEC

Can you elaborate on "It is not work." What is not working?

With regard to the sitemap, try deleting the sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz and then reupload and set their permissions to chmod 666.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:38 PM

Advanced Member

Jon - when I try to generate a sitemap the page just hangs. On the site the cdseo links are not displaying. I changed the permissions on the sitemap file but got the same results.

WebsiteCM CDSEO Pro SEO
Firetank Feed Manager

BCS Drop Shipper Pro
BCS Quote Request Module
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4