Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Using Javascript to confirm email address?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 05-26-2004, 02:00 PM

eXpert

It's friggin' scary how smart you guys are! Especially you BOOMER (where were you born? Earth?)
And thanks Loon for thinking of guys like me
Old 05-26-2004, 02:44 PM

Thanks, but if you think I'm so smart (2nd smartest, of course, and I accept that Very Gracefully), why can't I apply the upgrade from 3.5.4 to 3.5.6 without losing all the images? It's about to drive me around the bend!

I've probably been doing this sort of stuff since before you were born, unfortunately, so if it weren't for the Smarty templates, it would all be a breeze. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Glad, though, that someone appreciates the easy directions.

J. a.k.a. Loon

P.S. since my previous post here, I've installed in production, created a profile, modified it, bought a gift cert and deleted the profile and everything works flawlessly [she said].
X-Cart 3.5.4 in production Mar 08, 2004
X-Cart 3.5.4 Win2k SP4 for development
Old 05-26-2004, 03:53 PM

eXpert

UPDATE: Something in the check_email_script.tpl is causing the gift cert part not to funtion at all in 3.5.7. ie: when you click submit... nothing.
Or should I say that the GC part in 3.5.7 is somehow relying on check_email_script.tpl when it should be relying on check_gcemail_script.tpl ??? I better try this again.

2nd UPDATE: Nope, it's not me, BOOMERS side is working but the GC side isn't working in 3.5.7
Old 05-26-2004, 05:12 PM

If it would help, I can send you my two files that I altered for the gift cert stuff and you can do a file compare .... since I'm still on 3.5.4, something else may be in play here.... let me know. J.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:16 PM

eXpert

Ok... found it! In v3.5.7 you also need to change line 46 in giftcert.tpl from:
Code:
if (!checkEmailAddress(document.gccreate.recipient_email))

To:

Code:
if (!checkGCEmailAddress(document.gccreate.recipient_email))

Works awesome you guys! Great Mod! should be standard in the cart.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:25 AM

Hey, good catch. We allow people to order gift certs to be mailed to them (US Postal mail) so I think that's why I never hit the piece of code you fixed.

This needs to be fixed in version 3.5.4 also.

Together, we can do it! J.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:37 AM

eXpert

Small revision (cleans it up a bit)

in skin1/modules/Gift_Certificates/giftcert.tpl

"around line 203, ADD the second email field to the gift certificate purchase form, with a few changes from the one in the registration form:"

Changed to:
Code:
<tr> <td nowrap align=right>Validate {$lng.lbl_email}</td> <td><font class=Star>*</font></td> <td nowrap> <input type=text name=emailtwo size=30 value="{$giftcert.recipient_email}"> </td> </tr>
Old 06-07-2004, 04:02 PM

X-Guru

Updated check_email_script.tpl this should prevent any problems with Gift Certificates as well as Affiliate registrations also:

Code:
{* $Id: check_email_script.tpl,v 1.6.2.2 2004/03/26 09:47:33 svowl Exp $ *} {literal} <script language="JavaScript1.2"> function checkEmailAddress(field) { var goodEmail = field.value.search(/^[A-Za-z0-9]{1}([A-Za-z0-9_\-\.]+)[^\.]\@[^\.]([A-Za-z0-9_\-\.]+\.)+[A-Za-z]{2,6}[ ]*$/gi); if (goodEmail!=-1) { if(document.registerform.emailtwo) { if(field.value==document.registerform.emailtwo.value) { return true; } else { alert("Email's do not match, please correct!"); document.registerform.emailtwo.focus(); document.registerform.emailtwo.select(); return false; } } else { return true; } } else { {/literal} alert("{$lng.txt_email_invalid|replace:"\n":" "|replace:"\r":" "}"); {literal} field.focus(); field.select(); return false; } } </script> {/literal}
Old 10-13-2005, 02:27 PM

This is invaluable, thanks all. I'm working with 4.016, so I couldn't directly copy the code above. My check_email_script now looks like the following (bold was added to original):

Code:
{* $Id: check_email_script.tpl,v 1.11.2.6 2004/11/22 09:16:26 max Exp $ *} {literal} <SCRIPT type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript 1.2"> function checkEmailAddress(field, empty_err) { var err = false; var res, x; if(!field) return true; if(field.value.length == 0) { if(empty_err != 'Y') return true; else err = true; } var arrEmail = field.value.split('@'); if(arrEmail.length != 2 || arrEmail[0].length < 1) err = true; if(!err) { if(arrEmail[0].length > 2) res = arrEmail[0].search(/^[-\w][-\.\w]+[-\w]$/gi); else res = arrEmail[0].search(/^[-\w]+$/gi); if(res == -1) err = true; } if(!err) { var arr2Email = arrEmail[1].split('.'); if(arr2Email.length < 2) err = true; } if(!err) { var domenTail = arr2Email[arr2Email.length-1]; var _arr2Email = new Array(); for(x = 0; x < arr2Email.length-1; x++) _arr2Email[x] = arr2Email[x]; arr2Email = _arr2Email; var domen = arr2Email.join('.'); res = domen.search(/^[-!#\$%&*+\\\/=?\.\w^`{|}~]+$/gi); if(res == -1) err = true; res = domenTail.search(/^[a-zA-Z]+$/gi); if(res == -1 || domenTail.length < 2 || domenTail.length > 6) err = true; } // /^([-\w][-\.\w]*)?[-\w]@([-!#\$%&*+\\\/=?\w^`{|}~]+\.)+[a-zA-Z]{2,6}$/gi if (err) { alert({/literal}"{$lng.txt_email_invalid|replace:"\n":" "|replace:"\r":" "|replace:'"':'\"'}"{literal}); field.focus(); field.select(); } [b] if(document.registerform.emailtwo) { if(field.value==document.registerform.emailtwo.value){ } else{ alert("Please reconfirm your email address. It does not match."); document.registerform.emailtwo.focus(); document.registerform.emailtwo.select(); err = true; } } [/b] return !err; } </SCRIPT> {/literal}

I followed the second step exactly as above, inserting the following just under the email input in the register_contact_info.tpl file:

Code:
<TR> <TD align="right">{$lng.lbl_confirm_email}</TD> <TD><font class=Star>*</font></TD> <TD nowrap> <input type="text" id="emailtwo" name="emailtwo" size=32 maxlength=128 value="{$userinfo.email}"> </TD> </TR>

Thanks for the great code and tips folks, I really appreciate it.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:31 PM

Sorry, I just noticed that bold doesn't show up in code. You will need to extract the bbcode bold tags from the first script if you use it.

Also, I have only used this for standard customer registration. It works there, but I have not tested with Gift Certificates or Affiliates, so please be aware of this.

sanj
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions