Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Email for Pricing

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 06-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Email for Pricing

Hello
I have 4.1.7 using the new free template. I have tried to do this but can not find any of this code in the files you specified above.
Could they be in a differnent folder???

I need to be able to do this but can't find anything to edit.

Please help
Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Thumbs up Re: Email for Pricing

This has been a very helpfull thread for me. I have a client who has a few categories that he doesnt want added to his cart, so I combined a part of the following http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=172401&postcount=20 with some info from step #4 of the first post in this thread, http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=8881

End result is I now have removed the add to cart button for the categories that I specify and replaced it with a link that goes to the contact us form with the subject already filled in with a request for more information on that particular product. (I hope to expand it to have a default message with product ID and other info as well)

I have this working on 4.1.8, but the site is under develpoment at the moment, so I dont have a live link.

As always, you should backup before applying any mods. Use this at your own risk.

Ok, here it goes, (I am going to copy and paste some parts from the above mentioned posts)

Step #1,

In Admin->Languages, add the following text topic:

Variable: txt_contact_us_for_pricing

Code:
<a href="help.php?section=contactus&mode=update&subject=Requesting more information about - {{product}}">Request More information</a>

You can modify the above to suit your needs.

Step #2,

Open customer/main/product.tpl and locate the following,

Code:
<td>{include file="buttons/add_to_cart.tpl" style="button" href="javascript: if(FormValidation()) document.orderform.submit();"} </td>

and replace with the following,

Code:
<td>{if $product.categoryid >=47 and $product.categoryid <64}{$lng.txt_contact_us_for_pricing|substitute:"product":$product.product} {else} {include file="buttons/add_to_cart.tpl" style="button" href="javascript: if(FormValidation()) document.orderform.submit();"}{/if} </td>

Step #3,

Open help/contactus.tpl and locate the following,

Code:
<input type="text" id="subject" name="subject" size="32" maxlength="128" value="{$userinfo.subject}" />

and replace with the following code,

Code:
<input type="text" id="subject" name="subject" size="32" maxlength="128" value="{$userinfo.subject} {if $smarty.get.subject}{$smarty.get.subject}{/if}" />

The if statement in part #2 basically says that if your category is greater than or equal to 47 and less than 64, you will get a link to request more information instead of the add to cart button.

At some point, I hope to make the link into a button, and to make it work with main categories instead of the subcategories (for my need, all the categories I dont want to have the add to cart button are under the same main category). I just need to get more familiar with the software.

If anyone has any tips to offer, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:36 AM

This is great, but it still allows the customer to add a price in the main description.. how do you stop that?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:11 AM

how can we get this to work with wholesale pricing?

IE - All membership gets no pricing - request more info all price is set to ZERO
wholesale membership gets wholesale membership pricing.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:59 AM

I have a feeling it could work with an if then statement that checks the customers membership. but not sure how to write it.

sort a like above in products.tpl

Code:
<td>{if MEMBERSHIP ID = ALL}{$lng.txt_contact_us_for_pricing|substitute:"product":$product.product} {else} {include file="buttons/add_to_cart.tpl" style="button" href="javascript: if(FormValidation()) document.orderform.submit();"}{/if} </td>

where's Balinor?... lol
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions