Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

FORGET all the detailed images THIS IS THE ONE

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 03-28-2005, 01:06 AM

eXpert

People who are really interested in buying your products, will disable their blocker. Otherwise they are not really interested. Its just a commercial thing. Dont worry about the blockers...

Using: X-cart 4.5.4
AT: http://www.weckonline.com LIVE
Old 03-28-2005, 07:10 AM

eXpert

Wow! Impressive. I like it a lot, but I don't think I would use the onmouseover. I would use onclick. Things poping up "unexpectedly" may resemble spyware activity, besides my FF blocked the popup.

I do like it though esspecially auto closing the window when going out of focus.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:20 AM

eXpert

Yeah, thats possible too, just change the onmouseover....

Old 03-28-2005, 07:30 AM

eXpert

I wouldn't want to turn away a single customer because they "thought" I was creating popups on their computer. Popups are the WORST thing to happen to the internet.
Advanced Order Management Module
RMA Module
Feature Compare Module
Blue Dream theme by 7Dana.com
Old 03-28-2005, 11:08 AM

eXpert

Default new version

Well here's a new one. This one will popup even if there is a popupblocker activated. (SO THIS IS REALLY THE ONE)

Here's what to do, it is very simple. In your modules/Detailed_Product_Images directorie, first backup your PRODUCT_IMAGES.TPL
Then create a new one with this data, and thats it. THATS REALLY it. So very simple, even the newbies can do this.

Code:
{* $Id: product_images.tpl,v 1.12 2004/05/28 12:21:05 max Exp $ *} {if $images ne ""} {capture name=dialog} <CENTER> <DIV {literal}<head><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> // hier definieer je alle afbeeldingen var afbeeldingen=new Array(){/literal} {section name=image loop=$images} {if $images[image].avail eq "Y"} {if $images[image].tmbn_url}{literal} afbeeldingen[{/literal}{%image.index%}{literal}]=["{/literal}product_image.php?imageid={$images[image].imageid}{literal}", "#"] // "pad en naam van de foto", "eventuele hyperlink" {/literal}{/if}{/if}{/section}{literal} var voorladen="ja" // "ja" of "nee" var optlinktarget="" // optioneel: hier kun je een target invullen bij framesgebruik var beeldrandbreedte=0 var filterstring="progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.GradientWipe(GradientSize=1.0 Duration=0.2)" // hieronder niets wijzigen if (voorladen=="ja"){ for (x=0; x<afbeeldingen.length; x++){ var ditbeeldje=new Image() ditbeeldje.src=afbeeldingen[x][0]}} function beeldcode(dezeafbeelding){ var beeldhtml="" if (dezeafbeelding[1]!="") beeldhtml='<a href="'+dezeafbeelding[1]+'" target="'+optlinktarget+'">' beeldhtml+='[img]'+dezeafbeelding[0]+'[/img]' if (dezeafbeelding[1]!="") beeldhtml+='</a>' return beeldhtml} function wijzigbeeld(beeldplaatsing, beeldindex){ if (document.getElementById){ var imgobj=document.getElementById(beeldplaatsing) if (imgobj.filters && window.createPopup){ imgobj.style.filter=filterstring imgobj.filters[0].Apply()} imgobj.innerHTML=beeldcode(afbeeldingen[beeldindex]) if (imgobj.filters && window.createPopup) imgobj.filters[0].Play() return false}} </script></head> <body>{/literal} {section name=image loop=$images} {if $images[image].avail eq "Y"} {if $images[image].tmbn_url} {literal} <a href="#" onMouseover="wijzigbeeld('beeldplaatsing',{/literal}{%image.index%}{literal})"> [img]{/literal}product_image.php?imageid={$images[image].imageid}{literal}[/img]</a> {/literal}{/if}{/if}{/section}{literal} <center> <div id="beeldplaatsing" style="width:1px;height:1px"></div> </center> </body> {/literal} </DIV> {/capture} {if $smarty.capture.dialog ne ""} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_detailed_images content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {/if} {/if}

SEE IT LIVE http://www.weckonline.nl

Tell me what you think of it....

EASTER was very productive for me....

Greetz

Old 03-28-2005, 11:12 AM

eXpert

http://weckonline.nl.server1.firstfind.nl/weckonline/product.php?productid=16144&cat=254&page=1

sorry, forgot a product......

Old 03-28-2005, 12:25 PM

Hi weckie

Wow!!! Very Impressive mod, and i think the second way looks better. But how do you change where you would like the image to popup, say just above the thumbnail.

Very nice work
Apache/1.3.33 (unix)
OS - Linux
Old 03-28-2005, 12:48 PM

X-Adept

doesnt seem to work in FF 1.02.

I rollover and it appears, but the image appears underneath the text for each of the sections below. the image and text overlap.

anyone else have this issue?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:55 PM

Veteran

Yea, same for me in Firefox. The first version crashes Firefox, the second one has the issues mentioned above.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:02 PM

eXpert

i am sorry, i only have netscape and IE, in those it works perfect. Just keep in mind that most (normal) customers dont even know that there are other browsers. I dont know how to change the mod to make it suitable for third party browsers.

And uhh, ZARDOS, i will have a look at it.....

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions