Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 AM

Veteran

Default Re: New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

QT - can you please provide a list of features added/removed compare to 4.5.2. I would hate to do upgrades 4.5.x GOLD -> 4.5.3 GOLD only to find out some features have been removed and an upgrade to 4.5.3 GOLD+ is required to get them back
Old 09-25-2012, 11:25 AM

X-Man

Here is another issue about behavior. Activate Product Notification module, go in any product page and click on the envelope icon. A container appears, enter your email address using keyboard and click Enter. You will be surprised seeing how product added to cart (Enter key is associated to Add product button).

The only chance to send the email address is after typing to use the mouse and click on Submit button. Normally Enter key must be used and disable adding to cart for it. Another change is not using Enter key anyway inside the product page, except when a button is active.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 09-25-2012, 11:29 AM

X-Man

@Steve - I bought these modules in the past. They appear in my Helpdesk, so I have to install by myself to use with future versions.

@Ambal and Xim - In my opinion to get success with this new packages we need a couple of support engineers to solve fast all the issues we found. This must be prior, as you can see I found a few issues after playing with the new version. You have all my support to get this new version in the best shape.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

The following user thanks ADDISON for this useful post:
ambal (09-26-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 12:01 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Seems like they are in Pltinum only now - see http://www.x-cart.com/shopping-cart-demo.html# - click on "configure demo store"

In an earlier post (above: http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=346783&postcount=23), xim stated those of us with existing X-Cart Gold licenses would get NFR licenses for these two modules (Feature Comp and Configurator). I do not see anything for download in my file area yet, though.
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA
Old 09-25-2012, 12:34 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnp
I have a question that I see has been brought up but I would like clarification.

If I currently have a 4.4.2 Pro license and am planning to completely rebuild our store. If I choose to rebuild of the new 4.5.3 platinum version am I going to have to pay any other license or software fees?

Meaning can I simply download the Platinum package and start building without additional costs?

Thanks for the help as we would love to get started on the rebuild once we get clarification.

Much appreciated.
JP

Unless they change their policy, yes you will have to pay.

It looks like you can upgrade to Gold Plus for free (with an existing pro license) or pay $500 for the upgrade to platinum.

http://www.x-cart.com/license-upgrades.html

4.5.2 Gold (work in progress)
Old 09-25-2012, 12:41 PM

Thanks Pyro. I did find it after hunting some more.

Since I can't see the 4.5.2 demo anymore does anyone know if the "bonus points" feature is new to 4.5.3 or was it included in 4.5.2?

On a side note: if you have pro/platinum how does a admin add new products with specified shipping charges for the main mall? Ex. In gold an admin creates all the products and can define a shipping charge of $10 for orders over $50 is possible. In pro I notice admin can set the methods but that is for product in the mall listed by providers, is the a general mall shipping change that can be set for admin listed items?

I guess I am lost at how that would work. We want to have a store that has admin/owner listed products mostly, but will also have a category for member/provider listed items. We want to specify shipping rates for owner of the store listed items.

Thanks for any help in getting me to understand,
Joel
Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnp
Thanks Pyro. I did find it after hunting some more.

Since I can't see the 4.5.2 demo anymore does anyone know if the "bonus points" feature is new to 4.5.3 or was it included in 4.5.2?

No problem. If I am not mistaken, it was included.

Quote:
On a side note: if you have pro/platinum how does a admin add new products with specified shipping charges for the main mall? Ex. In gold an admin creates all the products and can define a shipping charge of $10 for orders over $50 is possible. In pro I notice admin can set the methods but that is for product in the mall listed by providers, is the a general mall shipping change that can be set for admin listed items?

I guess I am lost at how that would work. We want to have a store that has admin/owner listed products mostly, but will also have a category for member/provider listed items. We want to specify shipping rates for owner of the store listed items.

Thanks for any help in getting me to understand,
Joel

I think most people are a bit confused right now. The strange thing is that QT said that they will continue to sell Pro until the end of October... but it appears as though that they have removed all traces of it from their site.

4.5.2 Gold (work in progress)
Old 09-25-2012, 12:51 PM

In the old 4.5.2 do you know how a admin would control a global shipping method and charge for their listed products, but allow providers to express their own? I know providers can pick based off what admin sets-up, but I wonder if admin has to be a provider to list items. I really wish I could talk to someone about this and how to structure our new site. We are ready to build but lost as to what platform with what modifications.

Your help is more than appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM

X-Man

Another issue. Make active Currency Module, set up 2 currencies and go to front-end. See attachment.

Image 1 (the upper one) - Click on currency
Image 2 - See how fancy categories remains light up? Fancy categories should be covered by gray background too. This is a z-index issue.

PS - please increase my quota, I already touch 2MB for my account. I cannot upload any picture from now on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fancy_categories.jpg (80.9 KB, 36 views)

Old 09-25-2012, 01:06 PM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
Image 2 - See how fancy categories remains light up? Fancy categories should be covered by gray background too. This is a z-index issue..

This has always been there. Even on 4.4.x. Never got fixed by QT
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements