Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Janrain Engage integration module available

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-27-2011, 02:25 AM

X-Cart team

Thumbs up Janrain Engage integration module available

Hi Everyone,

I am glad to announce release of X-JanrainEngage Integration module

Janrain Engage services allow your visitors to quickly sign-in to your online store via their existing social network accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc).

The solution lets users bypass your traditional registration process and sign-in with one click, resulting in an accelerated sign-up process for new users and a simple login experience for returning visitors.

On top of that, Janrain Engage allows your visitors to share their comments, purchases, reviews or other activities directly from your online store to their friends on multiple social networks, all without leaving your store. Social sharing with Janrain Engage lets you trigger sharing based on any number of user's actions, including purchases, posting comments, user-generated content or clicking a share button, enabling the word of mouth marketing for your business and transforming your users into brand advocates.

I want to add that we provide FREE installation service for all X-JanrainEngage Integration modules purchased before the 1st of March 2011.
X-Payments product manager

Last edited by ambal : 01-27-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Janrain Engage integration module available

Actually been considering Janrain for some time.

But I realised that a lot of our customers (aged between 35-55) are not comfortable associating social tools with checkout processes.
(This information was achieved through questions asked to about 30-40 customers).

Eventually decided not to use this during the checkout and registration process.

Also found a discussion about this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/655710/is-openid-necessarily-a-good-choice-for-ecommerce

If you cater for a young demographic, then you should use this, as the younger generation take security for granted. Older generation do not (unless they are techies!)
Old 01-31-2011, 11:21 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekh81
Actually been considering Janrain for some time.

But I realised that a lot of our customers (aged between 35-55) are not comfortable associating social tools with checkout processes.
(This information was achieved through questions asked to about 30-40 customers).

Eventually decided not to use this during the checkout and registration process.

Also found a discussion about this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/655710/is-openid-necessarily-a-good-choice-for-ecommerce

If you cater for a young demographic, then you should use this, as the younger generation take security for granted. Older generation do not (unless they are techies!)

The module doesn't replace standard registration form. It allows using social networks profiles together with X-Cart's standard registration/login form. So those who doesn't have a social network account (anyone?) can register an account and log in X-Cart storefront as usual. Those who has an account in say Facebook will need to click twice to login and you'll get a registered customer who you can send a follow-up reminder to or a newsletter.

Another important reason to use Janrain Engage is to provide your customers with easy ability to post about their purchases and other activity in your store into various social networks.
Look at your news stream at Facebook. A lot of people post something that they bought something somewhere, share info about deals they found, etc. Also lot of them share links to interesting information with friends. Why it can't be a link to a product in your store?

I can't speak better that it is written on Janrain site:

Quote:
Janrain Engage gives your users the ability to share their comments, purchases, reviews or other activities directly from your site to their friends on multiple social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn and Yahoo!. Users can share their activities or content from your site to each of their social networks simultaneously, all without leaving your site.

Social sharing with Janrain Engage is versatile, giving you the ability to trigger sharing based on any number of user actions, including purchases, posting comments or user-generated content, reaching gaming high scores or clicking a share button.

Enable word of mouth marketing, transform your users into brand advocates and watch your site traffic grow with Janrain Engage.

Social networking is mainstream of human communication at the moment. "Word of mouth" is a most powerful marketing tool at the moment. But the word circulates in social networks nowadays.

The following 2 users thank ambal for this useful post:
Ene (02-01-2011), qualiteam (02-13-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 08:45 AM

In addition to the $79 one time fee do we also have to purchase a subscription on http://www.janrain.com/products/engage/get-janrain-engage?

The following 2 users thank str8balin for this useful post:
finerpeter (02-02-2011), onetoremember (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 09:57 PM

X-Cart team

Karen, yes, you need to sign up for Janrain Engage service. There is free sign up plan as well a bunch of paid plans.

The following user thanks ambal for this useful post:
GreenDaze Hydro (05-29-2013)
Old 02-13-2011, 07:01 AM

X-Adept

I am looking into this using mod.
Can I ask if anyone is using it on a live shop - can you post whether you have noticed an increase in sign ups, hits, and conversions etc
php 7.x
Old 02-13-2011, 11:06 PM

X-Cart team

Good question! I asked someone from our Facebook page to post something, too
Old 02-16-2011, 03:37 PM

X-Adept

Wink Re: Janrain Engage integration module available

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
Karen, yes, you need to sign up for Janrain Engage service. There is free sign up plan as well a bunch of paid plans.

Such a shame you have to pay for it... i was really looking forward to the one off fee!

Ahh well i don't see the Free price plan lasting very long either, 2,500 isn't many customers!

(maybe you can keep re-createing accounts? hehe)
Old 02-17-2011, 12:10 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksmithxD
Such a shame you have to pay for it... i was really looking forward to the one off fee!

Ahh well i don't see the Free price plan lasting very long either, 2,500 isn't many customers!

(maybe you can keep re-createing accounts? hehe)

The plans do seem pretty reasonable though. Free for 2500 uniques/year using the service, $100 for up to 5000 (or ~.02/each) uniques annually. I imagine only a small percentage of most stores users are going to use the service (unless you are catering to the 16-21yo demo), so most stores aren't going to need to move up to larger plans unless they are enterprise.

The following 2 users thank starwest for this useful post:
ambal (02-18-2011), Ene (02-17-2011)
Old 07-12-2011, 02:16 PM

I bought the module with Facebook Tab and I am very disapointed to see that there is no documentation with the module that helps to install it. I am a IT professionnal and I did several Facebook apps so for Facebook Tab I needed 1 hour to run it correctly, but for Janrain, that is too difficult to understand where to put what information. I was really chocked as I decided to deactivat that bad Janrain module on my admin side. It generated several errors on my Facebook tab.

Another bad surprise was that with the price of those module there are no tickets to get some help from the XCart Team. What do I have to do now, reload a backup of my site and ask my money back???
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements