Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

justhom.com , mens underwear

X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site

Old 12-03-2004, 06:03 AM

X-Man

Glad you like it, i have had a lot of help from people in these forums (as usual) and so a big thanks goes out to a lot of the mod makers whos mods i've installed.

Very strange that the range selector doesnt work on the sitemap page as it's just the manufacturer feature just renamed to ranges. and it works on the static pages, the sitemap is one from firetanksoftware..... So Groovico any ideas on why just not on the sitemap?

if anyone wants to add themselves to the newsletter then please do as that is going to be the primary way of notifying people of new ranges, pics, wallpaper downloads etc. etc.

It seems to be a big hit with the ladies (for obvious reasons) but i've had a few blokes (men for those not used to the english language) say it's a bit on the gay side, which ok 60% of our market is the pink pound but apart from the fact that it has men in underwear (rather than using shop dummies) I cant see anything that I would class as particulary homosexual about it?? perhaps im a bit desensitised to it all now from working in the male and female underwear sector for nearly 6 years (although i do still like having to go to the lingerie exhibitions twice a year).

So any comments from guys would be appreciated, would you feel embarrassed shopping on the site?
Old 12-03-2004, 06:05 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotc2001
Glad you liked them Carrie, just got another 400 pieces of Sports underwear in yesterday which I need to put up on the shop (in Finland for the next 4 days though), and just got a confirmed stock order of another $8,000 worth of new styles and ranges to boost up the choices for our customers. (if hubby liked the underwear I sent you, he will love the sports ranges)

Yes, they looked nice. I was going to give it to him for one of his Christmas gifts, but not sure if I can wait that long. If he likes them I'm definately coming back for more.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 12-03-2004, 06:21 AM

X-Man

The "ranges" not working on the sitemap is probably because x-cart doesn't include the manufacturer's module in auth.php Instead they include it in all of the other individual X-cart files. For what reason, boggles me.

So you'd need to have this:
Code:
if ($active_modules["Manufacturers"]) include $xcart_dir."/modules/Manufacturers/customer_manufacturers.php";

in sitemap.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:55 AM

X-Man

We've just moved to a new dedicated server, can I ask a favour of some of you to go and jsut check out the speed of the pages coming up.

We had a weird problem last night where emails just stopped suddenly being sent from the server (host reckons nothing wrong their end) which then started up again this morning, but im sure it feels like the pages are loading slower.

if you could click through at least 5 pages waiting for each to load and post back here if it was ok and what connection speed you have it would be most appreciated

http://www.justhom.com
Old 01-06-2005, 10:00 AM

X-Adept

Everything looks great from here! Oh the site loads pretty well too!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:14 AM

X-Man

Hmm seems to be coming up fine again on firefox but not on opera or IE
Old 01-06-2005, 10:25 AM

X-Man

Just popped round to a friends house to try it on theirs in IE, and no problems comes up fine !!!!!

screwed on 3 of my pc's at work and a laptop at home , home and work using different ISP's

Well at least it's def working ok on the site phew!!!!

Just need to work out what the prob my end is now.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:15 AM

Hey, thanks for your help last week with the "forget your password" button. I noticed you are running 3.5.10, and I was wondering how you were able to add the drop-down box on your site that says "Quick Links". I have been trying to figure out how to do that for a while for my site as well. I have searched everywhere in the forums for it with no luck. Any info on how you added it? Thanks again!

-Ryan
Old 01-19-2005, 11:59 AM

X-Man

Ahh sorry 3.5.10 is for one of my clients that I did (with several peoples help in the forums), currently just running on 4.0.5 for justhom.com.

I'll just take 3.5.10 out of my sig as it is no longer relevant
Old 01-19-2005, 01:14 PM

Darn! lol Oh well...thanks anyway!
   X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site