Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.4 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-08-2006, 08:14 PM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.4 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymart
I download the file already, and also read the upgrade instruction but it is too difficult for me. I do not know after I uncompressed already and there are a lot of files and where all those files go? Is there any easy way to upgrad or is there any detail instruction for upgrad from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4?

I wish somebody in this forum can give me an idea or help.

You want to follow all the instructions included in the upgrade notes, including a backup of BOTH your database and your files.

THEN upload the contents of your upgrade into your xcart directory, and continue following the instructions.

But if you have not done this before, you may want to ask xcart tech to do it for you.

Several mods in menu and skin, BSCE shipping-per-product, CDSEO Pro
Old 12-08-2006, 08:37 PM

eXpert

INVALID SQL: 1146 : Table 'uncibue0_uncion.xcart_shipping_cache' doesn't exist
SQL QUERY FAILUREELETE FROM xcart_shipping_cache WHERE expiration_date<'1165642450'
SQL QUERY FAILURE:UPDATE xcart_shipping_cache SET expiration_date='1165646050' WHERE session_id='effedf1b0953e40fb5cd8fddcc643638'

Some of the did not patch in the upgrade now I get this errer in the store side.

Can any one help please.

JB

www.uncionmusic.com
Old 12-08-2006, 10:59 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the patch... The change log just confirmed that I wasn't loosing my mind.. Some of the bugs listed were so random I thought I was seeing things. For instance with the cybersource totals, we only noticed the problem on one out of every 3000 transcations. Thanks for finding em.... and I hope the bugs listed are finally squashed for good.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:07 AM

This will be my first upgrade with X-Cart. While I read a thread that recommended using 4.0 becuase of frequent updates, I had to use 4.1 for server and feature issues. So I now have two carts with heavily customized skins. Does this upgrade mean I'm in trouble ? I've seen alot of changes to skin1 in the upgrade pack (which is good), but will they work with customized skins are am I going to end up with a mess?

Thanks!
M.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebueso
SQL QUERY FAILUREELETE FROM xcart_shipping_cache WHERE expiration_date<'1165642450'
SQL QUERY FAILURE:UPDATE xcart_shipping_cache SET expiration_date='1165646050' WHERE session_id='effedf1b0953e40fb5cd8fddcc643638'

Looks like some of the same errors I am seeing. I also had at least a dozen un-modified 4.1.3 files that could not be patched. I even tried upgrading a clean install of 4.1.3 and still many files could not be patched.

Uggh.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:56 PM

X-Guru

I just spent the past 3 hours bringing my 4.1.3 store to 4.1.4 --

It's not perfect yet -- and I'm a bit frustrated at how the upgrade process worked...

MANY (20+) files were listed as "could not patch" when in reality, they were virgin 4.1.3 files. I even went back to the 4.1.3 distributive, then ran the installer again, and it failed on the same files. I used my text editor to help me figure out what files were modified... on unmodified files, it missed at least 20 times.

I will be opening a ticket with xcart since the 2 new features that I am interested in are not showing up in the admin (google checkout and image verification).

Initial reactions: they fixed a lot of code. Many of the fixes that I have been accumulating over the past months are all in place. This is GOOD.

Customer login is taking LOTS of time... TOO LONG!!! What did you guys do to login? It's practically unuseable. This is login at checkout OR check orders.

I'm tired... I will keep going on this tomorrow.

Has anyone else upgraded from 4.1.3 yet?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:05 PM

X-Guru

More problems:

Can't login in Safari, but can in Firefox.

Login at checkout is taking YEARS -- also modifying a ship-to or bill-to address... unacceptably long.

I will ask xcart to figure this out, and if they don't, it's back to 4.1.3 for a LONG time -- there are fundamental things that must work -- and if they broke checkout, the rest is useless.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:05 PM

eXpert

Did you happen to look under "Modules" when looking for google checkout and the image verification feature? I'm still picking thru the upgrade process.... I'm even considering doing a virgin install and setting it up that way to make sure its right - assuming that the full installation has no flaws in it...
anyway... thought maybe I'd point you in the direction of the modules for those features you're looking for... I too looked under payment types for the google checkout and suddenly remembered that its a "module"
Hope that helps you.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:15 PM

X-Guru

It's not in modules... that's too obvious. It's in -- are you ready? - general options. HOWEVER, the label for the 2 new functions do not appear in the general settings... only arrows -- the functions are blank. Databse errors, probably...

F-ing x-cart logical.

That was a lovely waste of 4.5 hours...

I'm back on 4.1.3 and things are just fine.

I'll let them fix this before I get dirty again.

It's not ready for prime time just yet. If a virgin 4.1.3 can't instantly upgrade to 4.1.4, how can we expect a well modified store to do it?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:37 PM

X-Guru

Ok, strike it up to a bad upgrade -- I examined the demo store -- and yes, it shold have been in modules.

I'll let someone else be the first on the block to do this -- the upgrade process is not ready for a geek, let alone regular users.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements