Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Phone Ordering?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 10-04-2005, 09:04 PM

X-Guru

I have the Point of Sale/Phone ordering mod ready for version 4 US/Generic taxing systems. I felt I should go ahead and release it for US/Generic taxing systems since that is finished and tested. VAT and GST/PST taxing systems will be completed shortly.

Some may wonder why it's taking us so long to do the implementation of this mod. The main reason is that we felt it VERY important to have this mod NOT effect your x-cart upgrades. This has taken a while to implement the same things as X-cart without modifying the software at all.

Just about anyone can do the installation.
1. Copy up files via FTP
2. Apply sql query using the x-cart admin tool (or sql tool of your choice)
3. Link to the Point of sale system in your x-cart admin (optional)

Let me know if you have any questions/comments!

Thank you all!

Carrie

http://bcsengineering.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=126&MMCF_xf_POS

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:39 PM

X-Guru

The Phone ordering/Point of Sale mod is now ready for ALL x-cart tax versions for X-cart 3.5.x and 4.0.x!!

http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=126&MMCF_xf_oct05b

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 12-20-2005, 12:47 AM

Hi,

I would love to hear from anyone who has used this mod and hear what they think of it?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:05 AM

Default POS mod and modifiers

I tried it, but it didn't show modifiers. It is also impossible o style it to fit the rest of the site.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:40 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: POS mod and modifiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by proboscidian
I tried it, but it didn't show modifiers. It is also impossible o style it to fit the rest of the site.

Not sure what you mean by it didn't show modifiers. It does support Product options including Variants.

We are also working on a couple of automatic CC processor integrations. We have found some that allow this kind of situation where the store owner can put in the CC number, and auto send all the Customer information over too.

Carrie

Old 12-20-2005, 07:42 PM

Quote:

You said "It is also impossible o style it to fit the rest of the site"... but I thought this was a backend ordering system that customers don't see?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:46 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by begeren
Quote:

You said "It is also impossible o style it to fit the rest of the site"... but I thought this was a backend ordering system that customers don't see?

Yes it is a back end ordering system. Customers don't see it. We decided to not allow changing of the look as we tried to make it very X-cart independant (for upgrading reasons) and did not use smarty templates to produce the look.

We are considering for the next large release of it, to put the general look in a CSS file. The header and footer of the mod is customizable by editing 2 HTML files.

Hope this helps clear questions up.

Carrie

Old 12-21-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Modifiers problem

It may be that my problem with the modifiers was related to a modification on the cart I was using this with - the modifiers have unique SKUs.

The styling problem is cosmetic in most cases, but because in this case the products had a lot of options, the result was an almost unreadable vertical box for each product, that couldn't be reformatted to fit the text better. My own problems with the mod may not be typical, though, because of the nature of the products and the other modifications on the cart.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
I have the Point of Sale/Phone ordering mod ready for version 4 US/Generic taxing systems. I felt I should go ahead and release it for US/Generic taxing systems since that is finished and tested. VAT and GST/PST taxing systems will be completed shortly.

Some may wonder why it's taking us so long to do the implementation of this mod. The main reason is that we felt it VERY important to have this mod NOT effect your x-cart upgrades. This has taken a while to implement the same things as X-cart without modifying the software at all.

Just about anyone can do the installation.
1. Copy up files via FTP
2. Apply sql query using the x-cart admin tool (or sql tool of your choice)
3. Link to the Point of sale system in your x-cart admin (optional)

Let me know if you have any questions/comments!

Thank you all!

Carrie

http://bcsengineering.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=126&MMCF_xf_POS

Lovely, I just tested the demo and this is nearly perfect. I am ready to pull out my credit card to make the purchse now. However, I suggestion though, if you could add this in the future update:
I like to populate the product categories instead of do a search on product. Could that be done?
MySQL server 5
Old 12-27-2005, 07:27 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi
Lovely, I just tested the demo and this is nearly perfect. I am ready to pull out my credit card to make the purchse now. However, I suggestion though, if you could add this in the future update:
I like to populate the product categories instead of do a search on product. Could that be done?

Actually we do have plans to have alternate ways to find products. By category is on the list. It will be in our next major release of the product. We have plans for that to be the first quarter in 2006. If you buy now and mention you want that feature, you can upgrade to it for free (we have 3 months of free upgrades, but incase it's past 3 months we'd give it to you for free if you mention it in the order).

Just for everyone else's information. We are also working for the next release to support some of the CC processors. We have found some that have no problem with auto processing CC with the store owner submitting the Customer's information for the Customer.

Carrie

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4