Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Change product quantity from drop down to number input field

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-11-2003, 11:45 AM

Advanced Member

I use almost the same line as above.

<input type="text" name=amount size="6" value="{$product.min_amount}">

This gives a little bigger field to type in and it sets the default to whatever the minimum order amount that you set for that item.

Good luck.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:57 AM

Advanced Member

I use almost the same line as above.

<input type="text" name=amount size="6" value="{$product.min_amount}">

This gives a little bigger field to type in and it sets the default to whatever the minimum order amount that you set for that item.

Good luck.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:19 PM

X-Man

Excellent thinking!

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2004, 09:37 AM

X-Guru

I implemented this before even finding this post. I did some Javascript validation to make sure they input greater than minimum amount.

Here's what I did. In 3.4.x, I changed the FormValidation at the top of skin1/customer/product.tpl to:
Code:
function FormValidation() { {/literal} {if $javascript_code} {$javascript_code} return false; {else} if(parseInt(document.orderform.amount.value) >= parseInt(document.orderform.minamount.value)) return true; else {literal} { {/literal} alert("{"The quantity you entered was invalid. Please enter the appropriate quantity to add this product to your cart."|replace:"\n":" "|replace:"\r":" "}"); return false; {literal} } {/literal} {/if} {literal} }

and I added this before the other hidden inputs:

Code:
{* BCSE Begin *} <input type=hidden name=minamount value="{$product.min_amount}"> {* BCSE End *}

FIXED! This should work now if you want to use a text box instead of a quantity drop down box.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 12-20-2004, 03:09 AM

anyone know how to do this for version 4.08?

tried following the above information, but it doesnt seem to match up with my version.

any help would be great.

QVS ELECTRICAL SUPPLIES - http://www.qvsdirect.com

We supply a huge range of cables, electrical accessories, heating, ventilation, fire and security products, consumer units & circuit distribution, indoor and outdoor lighting, showers and water heating, tools and fixings, timer switches, sockets, switches, air conditioning, trunking, and much much more.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:38 AM

eXpert

Ditto
Old 12-20-2004, 10:18 AM

eXpert

Teaches me to look without checking correctly...

I replaced this:
Code:
<SELECT id="product_avail" name="amount"{if $active_modules.Product_Options ne '' && $product_options ne ''} onchange="check_wholesale(this.value);"{/if}> {section name=quantity loop=$mq start=$start_quantity} <OPTION value="{%quantity.index%}" {if $smarty.get.quantity eq %quantity.index%}selected{/if}>{%quantity.index%}</OPTION> {/section} </SELECT>

With this:
Code:
<input type="text" name=amount size="4" value="{$product.min_amount}">

Seems to work well...
Old 02-12-2005, 12:23 PM

Thank You!! Thank You!! Worked well for me in 4.0.9

whew!!
Old 02-13-2005, 08:13 AM

Advanced Member

QVS, below is the javascript form validation for version 4.0.6. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it should work for any version 4 cart. Highlight the entire code and paste it over the existing code in /form_validation_js.tpl.

It worked for me ~ BUT ~ back up your original before you try the change ~ just to be safe.

Code:
{* $Id: form_validation_js.tpl,v 1.2.2.3 2004/08/11 12:04:13 max Exp $ *} <SCRIPT type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript 1.2"> function FormValidation() {ldelim} {if $active_modules.Product_Options ne '' && $product_options ne ''} if(!check_exceptions()) {ldelim} alert(exception_msg); return false; {rdelim} {if $product_options_js ne ''} {$product_options_js} {/if} {/if} if(document.getElementById('product_avail')) if(document.getElementById('product_avail').value == 0) {ldelim} alert("{$lng.txt_out_of_stock|replace:"\n":" "|replace:"\r":" "|replace:'"':'\"'}"); return false; {rdelim} if(parseInt(document.orderform.amount.value) >= parseInt(document.orderform.minamount.value)) return true; else {ldelim} alert("{"The quantity you entered was invalid. Please enter the appropriate quantity to add this product to your cart."|replace:"\n":" "|replace:"\r":" "}"); return false; {rdelim} return true; {rdelim} </SCRIPT>

Let me know how it works.

uummm...perhaps you should tell me again.

http://www.designertrends.com
Version 4.0.6
Unix
Old 04-07-2005, 06:01 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
Teaches me to look without checking correctly...

I replaced this:
Code:
<SELECT id="product_avail" name="amount"{if $active_modules.Product_Options ne '' && $product_options ne ''} onchange="check_wholesale(this.value);"{/if}> {section name=quantity loop=$mq start=$start_quantity} <OPTION value="{%quantity.index%}" {if $smarty.get.quantity eq %quantity.index%}selected{/if}>{%quantity.index%}</OPTION> {/section} </SELECT>

With this:
Code:
<input type="text" name=amount size="4" value="{$product.min_amount}">

Seems to work well...

Which file are you editing here? Will these changes work if you are using the product_options module?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design