Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

4.1.9 changelog

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-29-2007, 03:54 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: 4.1.9 changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbrrr
Whether this has any impact or not, I thought I would at least share it in case it would help.
I noted in an earlier post in this thread that the speed of the 4.1.9 version seemed slower. After upgrading and installing in test directories, I noticed there was a warning about not having MCRYPT installed. I had never been prompted for that before during the upgrades, but got the error while testing a virgin install of the 4.1.9 branch. I have a dedicated server, but was reluctant to install this, but figured I might as well try it. Whether it was coincidental or not, the speed picked up dramatically.
I would like to hear some input back from someone who knows servers well enough to comment whether this is something that people with a noticeable slowdown should ask their hosts/ or install on their servers, or not.

I would be very interested in hearing Qualiteams take on this.

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 10-31-2007, 05:12 PM

X-Adept

HAs anyone noticed the the web master mode has changed also.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 11-01-2007, 07:56 AM

Advanced Member

Okay, I'm officially terrified of applying this upgrade. Should I wait for a while or what? I'm still new to X-Cart and am still reeeeally new and am trying to learn, but if this creates a bunch of problems it's gonna be a huge issue because I'm not sure how everything works and how one would go about fixing them.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:44 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by smv
Okay, I'm officially terrified of applying this upgrade. Should I wait for a while or what? I'm still new to X-Cart and am still reeeeally new and am trying to learn, but if this creates a bunch of problems it's gonna be a huge issue because I'm not sure how everything works and how one would go about fixing them.
If the update doesn't have something you have to have then wait until the next update.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:43 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Speed
If the update doesn't have something you have to have then wait until the next update.

That's pretty much what I did, I went through the diffs and backported only what we needed absolutely, the rest was insignificant as it wasn't used. Besides with how heavily we have ours modded a clean upgrade or even a clean install is not possible.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:04 AM

X-Cart team

A good source of information about how to upgrade smoothly can be found at http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=35125

I think you should have a look at it.
X-Payments product manager
Old 11-02-2007, 06:26 AM

X-Adept

SMV,

If it was me I would wait. Our version was 4.1.3 and it needed the upgrade. I wanted 4.1.8 because it was stable. Well, by the time we got to it, 4.1.8 was no longer available. It took 4 days of countless hours back and forth with my webmaster, qteam and the hosting company to figure out why we had some serious error messages coming from the server relating to memory for the install of the upgrade. After we figured that out, 1 day to upload. There were so many errors we had to close the store, it looked terrible. Wait for qteam response, it takes 6 days and almost 400 manually updated files to complete the job, and there are still issues. I have been waiting for 4 days to hear back from qteam.

In the meantime we lost our page rank of 4 and all our links on Google.

Wait until they fix this one or at least until after the holidays. I wish I could have waited but we were concerned about security issues, so we took the leap.

Best wishes,
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:52 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquamarina
SMV,

If it was me I would wait. Our version was 4.1.3 and it needed the upgrade. I wanted 4.1.8 because it was stable. Well, by the time we got to it, 4.1.8 was no longer available. It took 4 days of countless hours back and forth with my webmaster, qteam and the hosting company to figure out why we had some serious error messages coming from the server relating to memory for the install of the upgrade. After we figured that out, 1 day to upload. There were so many errors we had to close the store, it looked terrible. Wait for qteam response, it takes 6 days and almost 400 manually updated files to complete the job, and there are still issues. I have been waiting for 4 days to hear back from qteam.

In the meantime we lost our page rank of 4 and all our links on Google.

Wait until they fix this one or at least until after the holidays. I wish I could have waited but we were concerned about security issues, so we took the leap.

Best wishes,

I'm sorry to hear all that

We'll def. hold out then!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:55 AM

X-Guru

anyone curious about mcrypt its something that is used to encrypt the order details etc. If its installed it encrypts things faster and if its not xcart uses its own logic to do it which is much much slower. I ran into problems with a site where it was not installed.

check with your host if its not installed and they will sort it

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 11-05-2007, 08:14 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
anyone curious about mcrypt its something that is used to encrypt the order details etc. If its installed it encrypts things faster and if its not xcart uses its own logic to do it which is much much slower. I ran into problems with a site where it was not installed.

check with your host if its not installed and they will sort it

Thanks Shan!

For people running their own box, check the "php.ini" configuration file. It is loaded as an extension "extension=php_mcrypt.dll". (As of PHP version 5.2.3)

X-cart Team: Can you please verifiy why some people are getting the "MCRYPT" prompt, while others do not? On my box, I do not have "MCRYPT" enabled and were not prompted.

Thanks
-Tuan
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements