Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 beta 1 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-24-2005, 03:02 AM

Advanced Member

X-CART ROX!

and now gmt+2 14:01
The online demo store is being updated now. Please try again in a few minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

i guess there is a new fixed beta coming

X-CART CSS SKIN
XC SEO
IP Addresses in Users Online for all users
Color coded order status
Old 10-24-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Billing Address Fields not in Logical Order

I have noticed that when we key in the billing address details that you place the field "State" before the field "Country". This is not logical as I cannot select a state/county of "Lancashire" in the UK when the Country default is "USA" - so lets have the 2 fields the other way round please.

The following user thanks davidab for this useful post:
maneesh (07-07-2011)
Old 10-24-2005, 04:41 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETInteractive.com
This happens on YOUR demo site.

http:www.x-cart.com/demo_preview/

Im using FF 1.0.7 all patched up.

It was an SSL Certificate issue on our server. Fixed. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvet1
I see the in the checkout

first name and last name is still repeated 3 times!

Try to disable the redundant fields using the General settings/User profile options page, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotc2001
I think coupons should be addressed as well

i.e at the moment if you add something a 10% discount then it takes it from the ex VAT price (if you have VAT added)

Its not a problem if you are selling just in the UK as you enter your prices inc vat anyway but if you ship worldwide you have to enter your prices ex vat and then x-cart adds on the vat.

this causes the above and so when a customer thinks they are getting 10% off the price they aren't they are actually getting 10% off the ex vat price and the customer feels cheated.

This has not been changed in 4.1.0. Discounts are always applied to the net price, and after that taxes are applied. If a product price includes tax, then the net price is calculated and after that discounts and taxes are applied.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:49 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoday
My home page is about 12K of HTML, the CSS is about 7K. So 19K would go to 60K+ wih your CSS. What's the shopper benefit of a 3 times larger page? Nothing - its a programmers thing. I would look at greatly simplifying your css and/or breaking it up so only what's needed on a page gets loaded there.

X-Cart please do work on getting xhtml compliant and all, but don't go overboard.

Case in point, I've converted 4.0.16 to a CSS W3C compliant code base, and the final CSS total is only 11kb to control everything on the site. Doing such I stripped around 30kb of HTML away from the .tpl's reducing download times from the standard out of box tpl code.

using websiteoptimization.com here's the results I've gotten, keep in mind im not splitting the CSS into segments as well as the original skin1.css is in place just for redudancy for official x-cart add-ons and modules to function properly. Also I use large thumbnails on my site anyone with smaller thumbnails or using mini_thumbs from the custom mods forum on listing pages will defiantly see a greater decrease in download times, since X-Cart is known to resize product thumbnails in HTML on listing pages which greatly bloats download times.

http://www.cart-lab.com
Quote:
Connection Rate Download Time
14.4K 56.38 seconds
28.8K 28.29 seconds
33.6K 24.28 seconds
56K 14.65 seconds
ISDN 128K 4.62 seconds

Here is X-Cart 4.0.1 stats:

http://www.x-cart.com/demo_preview/home.php
Quote:
Connection Rate Download Time
14.4K 69.44 seconds
28.8K 34.72 seconds
33.6K 29.76 seconds
56K 17.86 seconds
ISDN 128K 5.47 seconds
T1 1.44Mbps 0.47 seconds

I would second the W3C valid CSS and HTML, as well as implementing the GD or ImageMagick library so that our download times are faster rather than resizing images with html just to bloat precious pages up ultimately anoyoing the beloved customer.

All these new bells and whistles are nice, but focus on Conversion Rates and download times more would be my 2cents on the 4.1.x beta.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:47 AM

X-Adept

I would agree with Boomer.

X-Cart should focus on effeciency. Faster load times, cart conversion, and easier administration.

GD Lib and html compliance are 2 bigges for sure.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Company in shipping and billing address

Due to many requests from our customers we have extended the addresses to include a company field in both, the shipping and the billing address. This is no big deal, but it should be included in the original X-Cart DB and source.

Also we have completely restructured the checkout process into logical groups. Entering the addresses is in a wizzard like design. There are several small windows, but no server interaction is required (layer technology).

You may want to take a look at our test site (orders are not processed of course). The URL is testshop.gmmch.com.

Thomas

X-Cart 4.0.15
Old 10-24-2005, 10:33 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Company in shipping and billing address

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitec
Due to many requests from our customers we have extended the addresses to include a company field in both, the shipping and the billing address. This is no big deal, but it should be included in the original X-Cart DB and source.

Also we have completely restructured the checkout process into logical groups. Entering the addresses is in a wizzard like design. There are several small windows, but no server interaction is required (layer technology).

You may want to take a look at our test site (orders are not processed of course). The URL is testshop.gmmch.com.

Thomas

X-Cart 4.0.15

I like the first step in your checkout process and i believe that this is what x-cart should do.

That is when you click checkout it goes to a screen and ask the user if they are a new customer or registered customer.

This seems to be the convention on many top sites such as amazon, barnesandnoble, and many many more.

I think how they have it now is very confusing to a customer by having some login at the top of the page. While this eliminates an extra page, this adds alot of confusion IMO. I believe this needs to be reworked, and it would be best to make it a seperate page.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:51 AM

X-Guru

I think it cant be stressed how important it is that these issues are addressed this time. Some fundamental problems have existed for far too long now.

I would rather a new version was not released untill things have been sorted.

xcart is good but has the potential to be fantastic.

Theres no reason it couldnt be the best out of the box without having to spend ages re writing code.

usability first, bells and whistles next

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 10-24-2005, 11:23 AM

Default estimated release date

I know that developers usually do not want to mention an exact release date for the stable release for obvious reasons, but I had just purchased 4.0.16 and spent some time modifying it and will soon have someone make even more modifications to get the store ready for xmas season.

I would like to know, if possible, when would the estimated release date would be. At lease if it will be this year or in 2006.

There are some really neat fetures in 4.1.0 version that i would like to have and some stuff that I was thinking of having custom added is in it so, I dont want to pay for something that will be available very soon.

Even a very broad info like what the usual beta to stable release pattern has been in the past would help.

thanks all.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:28 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Company in shipping and billing address

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitec

Thomas

X-Cart 4.0.15

That's a nice checkout!!

Did you do the code for it?
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements