Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

how can i use two templates and switched them?

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-06-2003, 07:51 AM

X-Adept

I will say this then shut up on this issue...

I think we, as a community, could indeed show a little more tolerance towards new users. I hate to think what some of these people think of us when our very first contact with them is calling them down in a not so pleasant manner about the way they post. You know, it may be, just may be, their first time EVER on a forum. Do you remember your first time???

Just my 2 cents
MySQL server 5.0.87-community
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008008
dogbytecomputer.com
Old 11-06-2003, 07:52 AM

eXpert

I get where you're coming from lildawg. It's all good!

I see you started up the x-cart support/mods/everything but the kitchen sink! -(lol) site. Good deal! If I can help out I will.

Regards,

Glen
Hosting:mind-in-design.net
Configuration: Virtual Dedicated Server || Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ CPU || 1024MB PC2100 DDR RAM || Linux || PHP 4.3.2 || MySQL server 4.0.14
Old 11-06-2003, 07:59 AM

X-Adept

And the best thing about my _lildawg_site_ site is those free videos we have for using x-cart. We will be making them on all aspects of using x-cart without ever charging a dime for them. My way of helping out. You know Trying to have a place where people can get the answers they need on using x-cart without always having to come ask the same questions in the forum. Well atleast alot of already answered questions.

Old 11-06-2003, 08:42 AM

X-Adept

Hey, sorry, I must of been having a bad day to lash out like that. I was really frustrated that he cross-posted 4 times and then refused to look at the former posts that have been said about the subject, and I don't mind helping people normally. I guess that one just got under my skin...

Anyway, sorry to cause a rabble, I wasn't trying to get everyone stirred up.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:09 PM

X-Guru

truelygenius, Please feel free to contact me via PM here or use the Contact Form on CartLab if you have ANY questions related to it, as I can answer the questions alot better than most others.

Yes this topic has been covered before, numerous times. A search on the forum would of yielded some results, and since truelygenius is fairly new to the forum, we shouldn't shun but rather direct in the appropiate areas, as it seems jpsowin did.

Just wanted to clarify some things about CartLab, I run CartLab by myself and I am in NO WAY Associated with X-Cart, Qualiteam, or RRF in any shape form or fashion (This is clearly noted on the cartlab site)

As for charging for add-ons instead of just giving them away. I have to eat, pay rent/bills just like everyone else. Granted the majority of money I am generating on CartLab is from service requests, not the mods. I don't think they are over priced for someone who wants a (for lack of a better phrase) Plug and Pray kind of setup.

And Yes I do NOT have a full time job or part time job anywhere else, this is what keeps me answering questions. If I can't pay my connection bill or electric (which is getting steep here in TX I might add ) then I have no way to keep lending my hand out to those who need help understanding X-Cart more. As it is what I enjoy and I do like to help as many people as I can, If it was a prefect (note spelling! ) world I would sit and answer questions all day on this forum and not worry about money, but thats not the case.

I do offer SOME freebies on the cartlab site, but I'd really rather keep any free mods like the send to friend mod for example here on the forum for users to find without having to look at some 3rd party site, and if a user does decide to click on the link in my signature for more then good, if not thats fine with me, I don't force the site on anyone and I really appreciate anyone who refers a customer to me (groovico, jpsowin, dealsondeals, etc. \ )

As CartLab takes the majority of my time during the days mainly. Just keeping up with Service Requests and Supporting the add-ons I do offer. I still take time out of an already busy day (wife/kids) to stop and give support for no charge at all (especially to questions I have not seen answered before).

If the references and topics of discussions here on the forum are becoming annoying to anyone (even you guys rrf) PLEASE let me know as I will remove my signature as well as all postings and will setup a separate phpBB on cartlab itself to discuss the products and services offered. But I really don't want to keep up with two forums as one is enough of a workload as is, but again I stress if it is bothering enough people then the extra effort is worth it to keep the forum as "knowledge base" like as any forum should be for any application support.

Also this thread defiantly got WAY OFF topic lildawg for future reference why not move this kind of discussions into the general chat to keep from clutter?

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2003, 11:15 PM

Default sorry guys if i hurt you all

sorry guys if i hurt you all i just meant solve my problem ... it thought if i will post in more topics i will get solution speedily

Any way sorry again guys

Old 11-06-2003, 11:17 PM

X-Guru

Not a Problem, welcome aboard! BTW.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:20 AM

X-Adept

Boomer,

I hate to say it but you must not have actually read my post saying I got WAY off topic. I wasnt mad because you where refered. What I was complaigning about was how you where referred in the post 6870 which is the same as this one but was closed. I didnt remove it because I am not a forum admin and I was RESPONDING to a Post. JPSOWIN referred to that post in this one saying it was a repost of the same question. In that post he refered to you but did it this way

He said in the post 6870

"Dude, you don't get it do you?
Follow the freaking link. URL. Hyperlink. You know what that is, right?
Do you have manners?"

Now I am nut sure about you but I refuse to let a person get treated bad in any way. I am one of those who ALWAYS points out an injustice. The customer was looking for help and was treated like the Plaque when he DID NOT CLICK ON YOUR LINK. That was the link he was referring to in the above mentioned paragraph.

I am sorry you didnt pay attention to exactly what I was complaining about (JPSOWIN- WHO APOLOGIZED AFTERWARDS) and took offense. We understand that you need to eat and no one wants to stop you. But also don't forget that you where given the position on a FREE BOARD that offers FREE HELP FOR X-CART and that should be remembered by all even those who refer you. Heck I even have paid people in here when I first started.

And I to do NOT have a fulltime job either. Well not that I am not the boss of. I own Lil Dawg Enterprises, Inc. along with a few money making websites. I make it to the office when I want usually about 10 hours a week or so (not bad being only 29 and self employeed for 4 years now). All my money I get from what my mind and hard work create for me.

I am happy you started cart lab to offer paid add-ons. I my self started _lildawg_site_ that does offer another x-cart forum as well as FREE how to use x-cart video's and more. Just re-read the posts and then you will see what I was actually talking about. I was trying to say this was an x-cart site and a customer should not be talked to like crap for NOT CLICKING ON YOUR LINK. Now if you can think of one actual reason why I should not have stepped in and said "Quit treating this customer like the Plaque" then please let me know and I myself will start attacking. The problem is is there isnt any reason hence me saying something.

Again I am sorry you took offense at what I said. Your site wasn't brought into the discussion by me. I was just defending a X-Cart customer who DID NOT deserve to come to the Forum looking for help and get their head taken off for doing so. If I was you I would have said something on that instead of just defending CartLab which wasnt really the point of the topic but the way a customer was being treated.

And truelygenius You didnt hurt anyone. You where just new and didnt read the forum rules I gues and posted multiple times. I am sorry you had the experience you did when you first started but let us know if we can be of further help and we will. That is what this forum is for.

And a thanks to all those who not only ask questions in this forum but also look through it for Questions YOU CAN ANSWER. Thats what it is suppose to be all about. Users helping Users. I can't think of a person (besides maybe the creators - well I guess even them as we have pointed out many errors etc right here in this froum and created mods etc.) who havent gotten help and alot of experience right here in this forum. FREE OF CHARGE. What a great system!!!

As I told Ruslan R. Fazliev when he banned me from the forum one time. X-Cart in my opinion is the greatest complete e-commerce software out there but it isn't any good if you do not have access to this forum. It is this forum that makes x-cart so great. We discover and get resolved many bugs and fixes and we all owe alot to the fact that RRF created this forum. As we all know there is not to many software companies out there that provide life time FREE UPGRADES and have their product supported and updated through a user feedback froum.

As always just my 2 cents on the topic.

Old 11-07-2003, 07:04 AM

X-Adept

On a lighter note...

Tiger is back!!!
MySQL server 5.0.87-community
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008008
dogbytecomputer.com
Old 11-07-2003, 07:14 AM

X-Adept

Thanks for noticing. I finally got off my butt yesterday and drove downtown to my office and put him up. We had snow the first half of the week. And I dont know about you but here in Salt Lake City sorounded by the Olympic class ski resorts you can only guess where me and my truck held office those days. Can you say "My back hurts?".

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design