Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

how can i use two templates and switched them?

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-05-2003, 05:25 AM

Default how can i use two templates and switched them?

Hello pros

how can i use two templates and switched them?

cart is

http://dotcommakers.com/x-cart/

need help urgently
Old 11-05-2003, 06:54 AM

What do you mean switch them?

Do you want the code to serach for something required like a login type? Then you could show different templates to different logins. If you wanted to do this it is just a simple IF statement.

Be alittle more descriptive pleae
Old 11-05-2003, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish
What do you mean switch them?

Do you want the code to serach for something required like a login type? Then you could show different templates to different logins. If you wanted to do this it is just a simple IF statement.

Be alittle more descriptive pleae

I want to switch [use] templates as i select them currently there "skin1" template but if i want to my custom template as i selecet "skin2" [in a menu box or a radio buttton anything else] my custom template should be shown in cart

let me know if you want more detailed description
Old 11-05-2003, 08:20 AM

eXpert

Why not use the "Skin Swap" MOD available at: www.cartlab.net

HTH

Glen
Hosting:mind-in-design.net
Configuration: Virtual Dedicated Server || Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ CPU || 1024MB PC2100 DDR RAM || Linux || PHP 4.3.2 || MySQL server 4.0.14
Old 11-05-2003, 08:40 AM

X-Adept

Seems like I've heard that before... maybe here?
http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=6870&highlight=
Old 11-05-2003, 09:17 AM

hehe its all over the place.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:20 AM

X-Adept

Ok, I think people need to remember what this Forum is for. It is for X-Cart users to come get help on X-Cart. Although cartlab has x-cart add ons. THIS SITE IS NOT CARTLAB it is a SUPPORT FORUM FOR X-CART. If the peson asks a question in the X-CART Forum then he is looking for X-Cart help. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL CUSTOMER PICUKP SPOT of cartlab or any other site. We had jpsowin tell a user to click on the freakin link to cartlab when this is a X-Cart forum in this guys extra post. Then told him he didnt have any manners for not doing it. I don't think I have seen a user treated as bad as trulygenius.

I mean with SUPPOSED help you guys are giving I wouldn't even want your help. Why not try to explain to him how the frum works instead of treating him like one of those Ass holes we all know at the computer stores who treat you like the plaque if you even ask them a question. I say if you don't know how to do it WHY ARE YOU EVEN ANSWERING? This is a place for HELP for x-cart and as said IS NOT a CUSTOMER PICKUP JOINT where instead of giving them advise we tell them to go to a store and if they don't we tell them they are stupid.

If you can help this guy with an answer then do it. If all you know is cartlab has something that may or may not help him then let him find cartlab on his own in the sreach engine or have rrf refer him. Did yoou ever think maybe rrf might want the work? Heck it is their forum not ours. This site is for X-Cart help and when a member comes in here he is looking for help on x-cart not links to third party pay modifications. this is not the X-cart Paid modifications Preview forum but is the x-cart forum and I believe some users are starting to forget this. Members helping members thats what it is all about. Remember we where all newbies on x-cart at one time or another.

As always just my 2 cents on the subject.

:P
Old 11-06-2003, 05:52 AM

eXpert

Well, I didn't mean to offend anyone by providing a link to Cartlab for this particular user question. This MOD involves a bit of work, so I thought it would be a good suggestion to point the user where they can get it bundled and save time and headache as a result. The other benefit of the Cartlab MOD is that it fully supported and will be going forward as new version of the cart emerge. So, all in all I don't think it was inappropriate to suggest Cartlab as a solution. That's my opinion...........

While I am comfortable in saying I DON"T KNOW EVRYTHING, and willing to help others, I also realize when it makes sense to spend a couple dollars to get what you want.

Regards,

Glen
Hosting:mind-in-design.net
Configuration: Virtual Dedicated Server || Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ CPU || 1024MB PC2100 DDR RAM || Linux || PHP 4.3.2 || MySQL server 4.0.14
Old 11-06-2003, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildawg
Ok, I think people need to remember what this Forum is for. It is for X-Cart users to come get help on X-Cart... etc..

I kind of agree with LildawgБ─╕I have nothing against CartLab but on these types of forums peoples usually posting codes to help others and not other products Б─╕

As X-Cart has a great template system I believe skin-switching should be one of the core featuresБ─╕
Old 11-06-2003, 07:31 AM

X-Adept

Deals I wasn't actually trying to complaign about your link thats why I specifically mentioned jpsowin because on the link

Quote:
jpsowin Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like I've heard that before... maybe here?
http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=6870&highlight=

He said in the above mentioned topic to this guy and I quote

"Dude, you don't get it do you?
Follow the freaking link. URL. Hyperlink. You know what that is, right?
Do you have manners?"

From this I hate to say it but the person WITHOUT manners in my opinion was the one asking the question about manners. And I don't know about you but THAT IS NOT HELP that is a user verbally assaulting another user. This is a help FORUM not the talk to users like their retarded forum.

This was him telling the guy he must be stupid because he didnt click on a link he provided to Cartlab. And he had posted the same question more then once.

And then no one has complaints about people making money from x-cart or getting paid for helping people make x-cart mods etc. My point was DO NOT forget what this forum is and was created for. Heck even my first skin I paid for it to be designed before I learned. People just need to remember this is a FREE X-CART SUPPORT FORUM. The key words there being FREE SUPPORT FORUM. People are suppose to help people out for free if they can. Its why it was created to let members help members. At some point users have decided to no longer help but try to make people visit other sites and pay for stuff that as anyone knows you can usually find for free in the foum by searching. Or it use to be at one time it was ok to ask a question without practically being assaulted by other users.
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design