Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-04-2005, 11:32 AM

X-Adept

Default TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

MODERATORS NOTE: This vendor has stopped responding to e-mails/orders, and hasn't been seen or heard from in quite a while. Until this is resolved, I would highly recommend that you don't order from this company.

Tired of substandard or low quality product images on your category pages? Wishing that you had a better way of handling Detail images instead of having them take up so much space on your product page? Hoping there is something out there that will take care of resizing product images for you that is simple to use?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this X-Cart modification is for you.

This image Mod will allow you to upload one large image for the product thumbnail just as you normally would and it will dynamically generate new images as necessary. New images are dynamically created for the Product page, the Thumbs for the product listing pages, thumbnails for the shopping cart and also a popup for a detail - all from the one large image. These images are then stored in their own directory on the server to be used the next time they are needed.

It will also do the same with Detail images, creating small thumbnails for each detail images and a popup from them. All the dimensions for each are also configurable from within Admin.

This effectively eliminates the "jaggy" thumbnails that are always present on the product listing page. Since new images are automatically created to the size that you specify, you will benefit from better looking images giving a more professional looking site and your category pages will load extremely faster because you will not have to load the large thumbnail images.

This will handle JPG, GIF and PNG images and also applies an unsharp mask to the thumbnails that it generates so that they are not blurry.

This makes image management much easier and you do not have to worry about resizing in an application such as Photoshop. You would also not have to worry about creating and uploading multiple images.

http://www.telafirma.com/mod/
Old 11-04-2005, 01:20 PM

Advanced Member

Default recommended

Hi

I can vouch for this mod. I've bought it from Telafirma, who installed it on two of my sites, and it's made a very big difference in the quality of the images. Uploading new images is also much, much easier!
Installation was fast, and questions were answered wuickly too.

Along with Jon's ez-checkout and ez-upsell, I now regard this as an absolute must-have mod for x-cart sites. (and carrie's points for some sites too!)

cheers
steve
X-Affiliate
X-AOM
ez-checkout
ez-upsell
--------------
Old 11-10-2005, 04:43 AM

Veteran

I too am sold on this mod. I have it working on two sites and it works GREAT, particularly from the client standpoint. They upload one image and they are done....no more trying to teach them how to use Photoshop!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:38 AM

X-Adept

I really appreciat all the nice comments
Old 11-13-2005, 05:29 PM

Seems like an awesome time saving device, especially when you want to fiddle with your image sizes to get things "just right" when messing about yoru store's image. It would seem to enables a lot of creative resizing.

I have a few questions.

1. Since Photoshop is mentioned, the brings me to the question is this Photoshop-like resize quality? Do you have any examples of sites that use it?

2. Is this by installation only, or can I get the mod and instructions?

3. Lastly, will it work to provide the required thumbnails for mods that use thumbnails, too, like Recently Viewed and Instant Search?

Thanks
BCSE: Referral Pts-Surveys-BatchUp-OrderEZ- Reviews-RSS
FT: Glossary-OptCopt-AdvSrch-Recently Viewed-Also Bought
CM: eZConversion
XP: SalesRecovery, MultCrncy
Old 11-18-2005, 06:52 PM

Okay, now that I'm actually setting up my X-Cart and have some idea of how the thing works, I have a more realistic question, heheh... You say above:

"New images are dynamically created for the Product page, the Thumbs for the product listing pages, thumbnails for the shopping cart and also a popup for a detail - all from the one large image. "

Does this mean that the mod allows different sized thumbs for product page, product listing, shopping cart, and popup?

If so and the quality is at least Photoshop like to the normal consumer, I'm "so in". It looks like X by default doesn't do do different sized thumbs by default, yet I"d like littler ones in the listings and cart, and kind of large ones on the product page.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:08 PM

Having the mod installed on my own site, I have the option to select my thumbnail size, my product page size, and my popup (detailed image ) size.
Its honestly probably one of the best mods out, and EVERYONE should have this installed.
I simply have to Make my detailed image (I use 640x480 on my detailed pop ups), upload that pic, and it is done.
Its like a Ronco Rotiserie...."Set it and Forget it"

And to be completly honest, its actually made my page load times much quicker.
Check it out.
www.ridequality.com
Old 11-18-2005, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RQJay
Having the mod installed on my own site, I have the option to select my thumbnail size, my product page size, and my popup (detailed image ) size.
Its honestly probably one of the best mods out, and EVERYONE should have this installed.
I simply have to Make my detailed image (I use 640x480 on my detailed pop ups), upload that pic, and it is done.
Its like a Ronco Rotiserie...."Set it and Forget it"

And to be completly honest, its actually made my page load times much quicker.
Check it out.
www.ridequality.com

I'm happy to see your Ronco quote! I get a little sad over here that nobody seems to know traditional direct marketing. Ronco excelsat DM.

Dude, that's not bad at all. Maybe not the same I could do in Photoshop, but it looks quite close. Really cool.

Does seem like a must have mod. Can you set the quality options to decide how much they get recompressed? Then again, I use a lot of transparent GIFs myself for thumbs and JPGs for big ones, so I suppose they wouldn't be degraded much.

Also, in case you do perform a custom thumb, can you override the generated one?

Yes, I know it's anal retentive, but I'd probably want some products just perfect... taking that extra 10 minutes per thumb to tweak. I have two categories where I want everything absolutely perfect (because there's not many products and they're bread & butter), and then all the rest of the catalog I'm more than happy to set on full auto... especially with an awesome mod like this. Very impressive.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:22 PM

RQ,

Your category images are SUPER BANGIN'. So clear, a break rotor could come and hit me on the head right from the screen!

Those are very much like the ones I use not for categories but for product images - I use Knockout and Photoshop to make, what do you call 'em, PhotoObjects. Yeah, that's it. You have nice Photoobjects!

Were even these run through this mod? If so, I'd have to say the image quality is just about as perfect you can get on those.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:36 AM

X-Adept

Ok, I am going to try to answer some .......

edit...
This post is now included in the FAQ that is posted later in this thread.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4