Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

LiteCommerce is "UPS ready (tm)" now

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-24-2007, 06:24 AM

X-Cart team

Talking LiteCommerce is "UPS ready (tm)" now

Hi everyone,

I am proud to announce that our LiteCommerce product is officially "UPS ready (tm)" now
This means we released "UPS online" module for LiteCommerce which had been certified by UPS as "properly made UPS integration". The module is available as a part of "Real-time Shipping Quotes" package. So if you have it already you can download "UPS online" module in File Area section of your HelpDesk account. If not, feel free to purchase it anytime in "Buy products/services" section of your HelpDesk account or right from LiteCommerce web-site.
X-Payments product manager
Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: LiteCommerce is "UPS ready (tm)" now

I've attempted to install, and I'm told that my module license is invalid for the UPS Online Tools, despite the fact that we have a licensed copy of the Real-time Shipping Quotes package.

What's up with that?

Ver 2.2 build 35 (upgraded)
Modules installed: promotion, gift certificates, auto-update, wholesale trading, inventory, product options, gift certificates, newsletters, egoods, ecommerce reports, AOM, greet visitors, details images, best sellers, featured products, multi-catagories, HTML catalog, showcase organizer, payment gateway.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by draumr
I've attempted to install, and I'm told that my module license is invalid for the UPS Online Tools, despite the fact that we have a licensed copy of the Real-time Shipping Quotes package.

What's up with that?

You need to update your license key in LiteCommerce. I guess you haven't done this before installing UPS module. If so, your current key doesn't "know" about UPS module and you need to download a new one from "My licenses" section inside your HelpDesk account and install it instead of the old one.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:50 AM

I see. I will try that. I thought this was part of the real time shipping quotes package, and did not realize I needed to update my license.

Rida

Ver 2.2 build 35 (upgraded)
Modules installed: promotion, gift certificates, auto-update, wholesale trading, inventory, product options, gift certificates, newsletters, egoods, ecommerce reports, AOM, greet visitors, details images, best sellers, featured products, multi-catagories, HTML catalog, showcase organizer, payment gateway.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:28 PM

X-Adept

I have been running the old UPS-add-on-2.2.tar for about 1yr now on a non-live store with apparently no issues. Seems like I need to upgrade with the release of the new module....

To upgrade to the new UPSOnlineTools_add-on-2.0.tar must I first uninstall or de-activate (these are two separate things) or both, the old module? Will I lose the shipping settings (rules) I have set up for UPS shipping options as part of this process?

Thanks for the advice.
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)
Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 PM

X-Adept

Me again...

I see the new UPSOnlineTools module manual online at http://www.litecommerce.com/lc_manual/online/UPS/ but I cannot find the pdf download in my File Area on the Qualiteam support site (I already downloaded the *.tar file from the File Area). Is there a reason for this?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:04 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaglia
I have been running the old UPS-add-on-2.2.tar for about 1yr now on a non-live store with apparently no issues. Seems like I need to upgrade with the release of the new module....

To upgrade to the new UPSOnlineTools_add-on-2.0.tar must I first uninstall or de-activate (these are two separate things) or both, the old module? Will I lose the shipping settings (rules) I have set up for UPS shipping options as part of this process?

You do not have to remove old UPS module. The new version will replace the old one. You'll need to re-configure UPS settings again, but your other shipping settings will stay untouched.

Quote:
I see the new UPSOnlineTools module manual online at http://www.litecommerce.com/lc_manual/online/UPS/ but I cannot find the pdf download in my File Area on the Qualiteam support site (I already downloaded the *.tar file from the File Area). Is there a reason for this?

The PDF manual can be downloaded anytime from LiteCommerce.com web-site at http://www.litecommerce.com/manuals.html
It will be published in "File Area" sections of LiteCommerce clients as well.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:30 AM

X-Adept

Ok, I deactivated the old UPS-add-on-2.2 module

Installed the UPSOnlineTools_add-on-2.0 module and it told me that my License was bad.

Went to QT support site downloaded current license and install on store.

Went to UPS registration, agreed to terms, and filled out form (we already have a UPS account) Performed UPSOnline Tools Test from Admin Zone...all OK

However.....The old UPS add-on2.0 still shows in my module list? Is this a problem? Should I Uninstall it?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:34 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
The old UPS add-on2.0 still shows in my module list? Is this a problem? Should I Uninstall it?

It is not a problem if it is de-activated. You can uninstall it as well.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:49 AM

After installing the UPS module it now has separated my shipping methods into three categories that were not there before. 1. UPS 2. USPS 3. Other. I actually like the way this separates the categories except that I wish I could arrange it some myself. I would like the USPS to go on top and UPS to go on the bottom etc. How do you configure this new part?

X-cart Pro 4.4.2 currently installing...
www.christianfellowshippublishers.com
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements