Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

provider email from field in 3.2.1 pro

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-28-2002, 02:39 PM

Advanced Member

Default provider email from field in 3.2.1 pro

I have been trying to find where to change the "from" field in the email order notification that is sent to providers.
As standard it uses the cutomers email address, but I need it to be the shop email address instead.
Any clues where to look ?

Thanks
Old 10-28-2002, 05:23 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: provider email from field in 3.2.1 pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay
I have been trying to find where to change the "from" field in the email order notification that is sent to providers.
As standard it uses the cutomers email address, but I need it to be the shop email address instead.
Any clues where to look ?

Thanks

TeeJay,

Email set up can be found in General Settings >> Company options.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:17 AM

Newbies,

Please do the following prior to posting on this forum:
1) Take advantage of your X-Cart support (if you still have it)
2) Read the X-Cart FAQ
3) Read the Alpha User Manual located in your file area on the X-Cart site
4) Do a thorough search before posting your question
5) PLAY with your X-Cart. Click on all the sections and links, enable the X-Cart debug console so you can see which pages are calling what template files.
6) *This one's personal* Tell me a little about yourself (eg location, website). What's with all the secrets?? Basically, I figure if someone can't even tell me where they're from or the location of their X-Cart, why should I help them.

Moderators - we should have something like this posted as a PLEASE READ FIRST type of thing under the New & Announcements section.

- Jeff
Old 10-29-2002, 09:21 AM

X-Guru

Ive requested that the Community area be moved to the top of the forum and that we have a statement like the one you just posted in there.

I also asked that the FAQ from the x-cart site be incorporated into the forum as an area just for viewing and locked to replies etc so that people can read through that to start with.

Im not sure if the Alpha manual is still on a 'ask and youll receive it' basis rather then being given to everyone with their software.

I also agree about the need for people to add as many details as poss about themselves and their setup. This helps fix things and isnt too much to ask.

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 10-29-2002, 01:00 PM

Advanced Member

Default Somebody missed the point of the original request

The original question was not as easily answered as the response here suggests.
I asked how to alter the scripts so that the order confirmation email sent to a provider in x-cart pro does not put the customers email address in the from field.
I want it to put the shop owner email address there instead.
The answer that I have already had from tech support is:
"Actually, from field in email which is sent to provider is filled by customer’s e-mail.
Emailing is formed in function func_place_order in file <xcart_dir>/include/func.php. You need to find line
# Mail template processing
#
and then you need to work with code
if ((!$single_mode) and ($current_order["provider"])) {
$pr_query = "SELECT email FROM $sql_tbl[customers] WHERE login='$current_order[provider]'";
$pr_result = func_query_first ($pr_query);
$prov_email = $pr_result ["email"];

func_send_mail($prov_email, "mail/order_notification_subj.tpl", "mail/order_notification.tpl", $userinfo["email"], true);
} else {
$providers = array();
foreach($products as $product) {
$pr_result = func_query_first("select email from $sql_tbl[customers] where login='$product[provider]'");
$providers[] = $pr_result["email"];
}

$providers = array_unique($providers);

foreach($providers as $prov_email)
func_send_mail($prov_email, "mail/order_notification_subj.tpl", "mail/order_notification.tpl", $userinfo["email"], true);
} "

Which to be honest is meaningless to me
I am not a programmer, I am an end user, and can only sort out the most basic of things when it comes to altering scripts.

I had checked through the entire forum for a post relating to this subject.
Needless to say there isn't one (unless you know differently of course).

A forum is for people of lesser experience to learn from people with greater knowledge, and that includes the use of forums which may not be structured intuitively for new visitors.
I have moderated on many forums myself, and have come to learn that there are certain aspects which "go with the position" one of them being new users who do not know the rules, the other being repeated questions on the same topic.
If you ever manage to eliminate them, please let me know and I'll sell the knowledge for a small fortune to every forum on the internet.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:27 PM

eXpert

edited
Old 10-29-2002, 09:21 PM

eXpert

We learn from books, from others' helpful tips, from studying someone else's code, as well as through trial and error and screwing stuff up. My method leans toward the latter but you can bet I don't make the same mistake twice.

XCart users come from various backgrounds with different skill levels. It is said that you don't need to be a programmer to get this cart running, just know html. If you want it out of the box, that's accurate. If you want something else you can order a customization.... or you can come here to ask your question. Yes, search first.

Wish I could help with that piece of code you posted, TeeJay. Best I can figure is that
Code:
$userinfo["email"],
is what's picking up the customer email as they have entered it. What would happen if that was replaced with
Code:
$prov_email
? This would seem to then list the provider email twice and possibly eliminate the customer email from the send_mail.

Anyone know if I'm on the right track?
Maybe just ask xcart what a customization would cost you.

Oh and that little "Expert" thing by my name...don't take it literally.
Old 10-30-2002, 03:54 AM

X-Guru

Parrot,

I think you got the wrong end of the stick there. All that is being said is have a look at the resources that are already availible either here or in the manual before asking the same questions over again.

Yes this is a place for everyone to help each other but theres no point repeating stuff if it can be avoided.

If you cant find an answer ask as many questions as you like

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 10-30-2002, 04:12 AM

Advanced Member

Default It's never been asked before

Hello Shan
The point is that the original question has never been asked on this forum, that the search facility WAS used and that the support team HAD been asked.
But people started jumping in with both feet assuming that because my title is "Newbie" I must therefore be ten years old and have no experience of using forums.
It seemed as though the people that started posting the rules had not even bothered to read the originaly posted question and therefore assumed from seaCoasts response that it was an easily answered problem which I could have found by searching.
Perhaps there should also be a set of guidelines for moderators, rule number one could be:
"Always read a post before replying to it"
Old 10-30-2002, 04:15 AM

X-Guru

Your right, this thread went off on a tangent.

I personally wasnt answering your question here, just replying to the other comments

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design