Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

adding new box with links below Authentication

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 12-19-2004, 10:56 AM

Default adding new box with links below Authentication

Hi

Did check on forum for something that the subject is about and tested but does not seems to work on the version I use or I am completely stupid.
I am looking for a way to indert a box below Authentication where I could put in links.So when ppl would click on the link a new window would popup to tha tlink.Guess it is possible but Iam not even a bit of a coder so all info that you ppl could inform me with would be nice.
PS my english is not so good but hope you understand what I want
Old 12-20-2004, 05:53 AM

Veteran

Hi pcdoktorn, it is actually easier than you think. Let's see if we can walk you though it.

1. Create a new menu file. Click on 'Edit Templates' in your admin menu. Scroll down below all the files and look for a box that says 'Create New File'. Let's call it links.tpl. Type that in the box and click on 'Create'.

2. Now we will need to tell X-cart to display this information. Click on Edit Templates again, and open Customer/home.tpl and replace this:

Code:
{if $login eq "" } { include file="auth.tpl" } {else} { include file="authbox.tpl" } {/if}

with this:

Code:
{if $login eq "" } { include file="auth.tpl" } {else} { include file="authbox.tpl" } {/if} {include file="links.tpl"}

3. Now we need to actually put something in the links menu. Open up the file you created (links.tpl) and paste this code in the box:

Code:
{capture name=menu} Insert content here {/capture} { include file="menu.tpl" menu_title=$lng.lbl_links menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu }

Where it says 'Insert Content Here' you will put your links in, or whatever else you want to put in the box.

4. Now we will need to create a title label for the menu box. In your admin menu, click on Languages. Select your language, and then scroll down to where it says 'Select Topic' and select Labels. Scroll down to where it says 'Add New Entry'. In the first box, type $lbl_links. The second box type the name of the label (in this case Links is fine). In the third box, type how you want the Label (title) to actually appear. In this case, Links will be fine. Hit Apply Changes.

That should do it! Now a new menu should appear between the Authentication Menu and the News menu with the content you created. This works for version 4.0.x.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:11 AM

Thx works like a charm
Was not that difficult in the end.
But it is for a person that got no skills in webpage creating
Old 12-20-2004, 07:43 AM

Next problem
If I want to put in a php file into the box like http://pcdoktorn.wondernet.nu/orgcal/minical.php
How should it be written so it opens the file in that box ?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design